Roars_Prot

So been testing and running almost all the prot macros for warriors on here. I find almost all lacking in one way or another. So i decided to build my own and it has been more than holding its on in M+9^ i absolutely destroy keys. The key here is Revenge is on a mod and not in the standard castsequence. I have zero issue with having IP and SB up 100% of the time but depending on the size of ur pulls 15+ mobs in M+10^ IP may fall off due to extreme amounts of damage coming in but you have the Rage to manually cast it once again and want be rage starved for it. This very rarely happens if tanks pull smart and know their limits (as we all are always pushing those limits) lol. So please gents give it a roll and tell me what you guys think. I run it at 20MS.
dOJCdaWscsVfr9AuQmtuQA2GQBQs1Va5BeYJrANuzVk7gH9l1pjqggO8BHUSQgQkPblz4ekhKG4WqogLoofzHeLLQszXevlhfpeLcpv0YG65OAIeunvQQjtrnDs3Ja1Pb0ZuX1f0gjaBfLI2mb02vjYFrPuZcL8zuk5UiYivjQBtHrtO6CcCscktdORrvopanoaSovcBJip78NZU8MGeYTKTVEtq(ZHN)sFe8Nq5lTw8bBTlV8dxSL3cj6cPDHH119CPWFbIcHRZzxMI9uHj85eDwEhrzIS5ZWbgj4ZFo78NZUeII4k)nf(e0VRUyE(RcMgnKJ0U6c7j5XQlBamqpP5WlHOiU2fzA0qosj1LfMiprGZDwcrrCTlRvc2CGlHOiU2f(eGXZ5TeII4AxshWZCslHOiUYFtHpb97cFcWywDHpbymRUWNamEorlHOiUYFtHpb97ImnAihPK6YALGXQlPd4HvxshWZCaSeII4k)nf(e0VRdiigawDDabXamxWsikIR83u4tq)UWWWGhwDHHHbplzFmkg7bAauxAxEnY17iktC(ZzxcrrCTl8jaJNdVeII4AxshWZ0LYE46KT0Nbib7E1ozlf6d4Th(J4)8NZUeII4AxKPrd5iLuxYGhJM7saHmaohEjefX1UoGGyaMUuOpGxzEoF(ZzxcPig261N4naSlYerXrmgKiB(rMjnhEjefX1UiBenFbvzGtQljpr45olHOiU2fzJO5l4IduGkPUSWe5jcCoWLquex7ISr08fi4kPUaLcKay6s2iAihPt2YuFXeqibvbgjwELbyKbOc4YRm)DeLjo)5SlHOiU2f(eGXZHxcrrCL)McFc63vxmp)vbtJgYrAxDH9K8y1LnagONeRUSbWa9KM7SeII4AxKPrd5iLuxwCGiVPl9zasWUxXt20PlfsOkEKz5Y7iIqeCHrOpZLEcfyKyYMoDdUsage Information
Run at 20 MS

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

Pre Macro: Shield Slam, Shield Block, Last Stand, Ignore Pain

KeyPress: Avatar, Shockwave, Revenge

Main Sequence: Shield Slam, Devastate, Victory Rush, Demoralizing Shout, Avatar, Shield Block, Thunder Clap, Ignore Pain

KeyRelease: Victory Rush

Post Macro: Shield Slam, Thunder Clap

1 Like

Keep in mind the above macro can not be tested on a target dummy as target dummy do not generate proper rage like live mobs do.

I’ll try this on a high key later and let you know how it does.

Thank you Abby. Looking forward to hear some feed back.

Here a tweaked version trying to clear that gap where incase IP falls off it will be back up.

dWZ1daWscfVLO8AiHzsi1JHA2KKll1njs(fe3MsDyK2Pc7fSBLSFj)KqPHHQ(TsDpfjdfszWIgorQdQi60OOJrQJtclefAPOGftuTCu5Hes6PQAzQSofPMiHktvrnziPPt13irxLquptW1PKnQi0wjezZkc2oHettOzrrFgsKVti0iHe1FjemAIW5OWjju14GuDncopr0ZrCxsQTHsdAyggA4zqStYWlcOXGyNpyCWm8Zuv9YjWR1x40A4fxpbQLkhgA4r5wL0WZG1QsQx5XBtG)LUXIxCWqzaEPOyUTi1CeM7fbMHHgMHHgEemL4KwHvVWDLvY1K2NcVTLt9kR8eyfmRuBWhfynRuBWhfyHXbpcMsCsRWQx4UYk5As7tH32YPELvQn4JcSMvEcScMvQn4JcSWiapcMs8kLH32YPU6k18kfugHreEemL4vQ1S8WqaEemL4vEbJ7Gbl8iykXRKnedWqj8iykXjTcREH7kp(lgmR84VyWSYJ)IbyGo8iykXjTcREH7kVGXDMvEbJ7mR8cg3bdd4rWuItAfw9c3vkdVTLtD1vQ1S8MvYgIbZkzdXam08WJGPeN0kS6fURmeJh6MvgIXdDyO1WJGPeN0kS6fUR84VyWSYJ)IbZkp(lgGx07T0IMPnthEn8ZCmxOODnWi8m2QCGr4f1TTCQdmcVyAjzOv1usdZWqdpcMs8kdX4Ho4WpZXCHI2pGr4rBtCPOyUnmddn8iykXR8cg3bJdEemL4vYgIbWH)9w6jATWoZ9cE04yU5y6scpACTuum3gMHHgEemL4vEbJ7GXbpcMsCsRWQx4UYk5As7tH32YPELvEcScMvQn4JcSMvQn4JcSWiapcMs8kLH32YPU6k1NHsbWHxmTKOX1ecmddn8ioLdLAVxTTKvkBTLGYzRwgQnfv1W4GhbtjELYS3Oon25uPUswbLhmcWJGPeVsz2BuNMibZj4QRuZRuqzegr4rWuIxPm7nQttv5QRmYAWIo4Gdo8tA5sS5GxKxOyTfXvLtA5sS5Gxk6YIQs8lV5eLE5m3lqo4GdaUsage Information
Run at 20ms

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Shield Slam, Victory Rush, Devastate, Demoralizing Shout, Avatar, Shield Block, Thunder Clap, Ignore Pain

1 Like

I will try this, next time I log in.

i added revenge to the macro since i forget to watch for procs, i get into tanking so i forget to watch for things. the macro is really nice and IP up time is really good. i may end up using this on my twink warrior.

i decided to re-level another warrior on another server and this macro is really great. it got me to 60 with ease and questing alone is amazing with this macro.

there was another macro that was really amazing that i helped out with but they went with another path and it ended up not being like it used too be and since my wow folder got corrupted i ended up losing the original that i fell in love with, so this reminds me of that one posters old macro i used to run with.

Just finished using this through an 18 carry. I only have a few complaints, which is fundamentally the entire structure of the macro, so I don’t recommend using my complaints as groundwork to make changes as the majority of the people going to use this will not use it on the same level of content that I play on and therefore the macro in it’s current state will serve them better.

For starters, I almost always look through the sequence first and I didn’t this time for whatever reason, so I was irritated at myself for not taking Avatar out of the sequence earlier (shouldn’t be in the main sequence ever).

Having Ignore Pain up all of the time is great, but it felt extremely fury deprived. The tricky thing about making a macro that can maintain 100% uptime on Ignore Pain is that you’re going to be starved and in some instances, lack significant DPS where you would otherwise have it playing manually. This was the case on every boss fight. DPS was severely lower than it should have been on every boss encounter.

Moving on…

It’s nice to have Demoralizing Shout being used off CD, but it can cause serious issues if you’re someone like me that only runs high keys. Having it pop right before a reaping wave, and then not having it again until the end of the wave, and not for the next pull is not manageable whatsoever and you’re most likely going to get nuked on close-quarter dungeons such as TD or WCM.

Lastly, the DPS gain in larger pulls using Revenge is too beneficial to not have it in the sequence at least once, and then manually controlling it as it procs. Personally, I’d add it once and then allow the user to control the procs as necessary, but as long as it’s firing once per the recommended MS, it’s going to substantially change the DPS outcome.

Overall, it’s a good macro and well-thought. However, I prefer more basic macros that do less which I can control easier. For anyone that plays casually and runs low level keys such as 2-12’s OR heroic raids, this macro will serve them very well.

[quote quote=69441]Just finished using this through an 18 carry. I only have a few complaints, which is fundamentally the entire structure of the macro, so I don’t recommend using my complaints as groundwork to make changes as the majority of the people going to use this will not use it on the same level of content that I play on and therefore the macro in it’s current state will serve them better.
For starters, I almost always look through the sequence first and I didn’t this time for whatever reason, so I was irritated at myself for not taking Avatar out of the sequence earlier (shouldn’t be in the main sequence ever).
Having Ignore Pain up all of the time is great, but it felt extremely fury deprived. The tricky thing about making a macro that can maintain 100% uptime on Ignore Pain is that you’re going to be starved and in some instances, lack significant DPS where you would otherwise have it playing manually. This was the case on every boss fight. DPS was severely lower than it should have been on every boss encounter.
Moving on…
It’s nice to have Demoralizing Shout being used off CD, but it can cause serious issues if you’re someone like me that only runs high keys. Having it pop right before a reaping wave, and then not having it again until the end of the wave, and not for the next pull is not manageable whatsoever and you’re most likely going to get nuked on close-quarter dungeons such as TD or WCM.
Lastly, the DPS gain in larger pulls using Revenge is too beneficial to not have it in the sequence at least once, and then manually controlling it as it procs. Personally, I’d add it once and then allow the user to control the procs as necessary, but as long as it’s firing once per the recommended MS, it’s going to substantially change the DPS outcome.
Overall, it’s a good macro and well-thought. However, I prefer more basic macros that do less which I can control easier. For anyone that plays casually and runs low level keys such as 2-12’s OR heroic raids, this macro will serve them very well.[/quote]

Abby thank you very much for the feed back i myself have never stepped in anything higher than a 15 on my warrior. So the input i get from higher key players does a major roll in how i build things. Tonight im going to take your suggestion and run with it and a 2nd tab to the original and build one as you suggested taking Avatar out of sequence and also im thinking of removing IP in general for it and make it a manuel cast to do away with wasting rage on unneeded IP. Also find a smooth spot to add a revenge in the cast sequence but still leave the mod in place. It will strictly be for higher than a 14 key time i’m done with it. But anything lower than a 14 my original will work find for others.

[quote quote=69440]i added revenge to the macro since i forget to watch for procs, i get into tanking so i forget to watch for things. the macro is really nice and IP up time is really good. i may end up using this on my twink warrior.
i decided to re-level another warrior on another server and this macro is really great. it got me to 60 with ease and questing alone is amazing with this macro.
there was another macro that was really amazing that i helped out with but they went with another path and it ended up not being like it used too be and since my wow folder got corrupted i ended up losing the original that i fell in love with, so this reminds me of that one posters old macro i used to run with.[/quote]

Vynivas that is a really good suggestion on the revenge par as i said in the reply to abby im going to rebuild a new one and add just 1 cast into the cast sequance. I’m really glad you are liking the macro. I will make a update and post it once im done.

[quote quote=69449]

snip

snip[/quote]

It’s hard to find that middle ground.

Personally, I run my prot warrior manually, HOWEVER when I do use a macro for it, I find that David’s “Simple Dung Macro” provides the most DPS (if you want to give that a check), I often out DPS most of my group on adds and open hard on bosses. It’s an extremely minimal macro with virtually all of the needed freedom to control all of your CD’s (except avatar; it’s in his main sequence as well but I removed it).

This isn’t firing anything off for me when I look at the logs. It hasn’t cast IP once at 20ms. I have tried both of your posted sequences. All it seems to fire off is thunderclap and shield slam. I grabbed the first trash pack in ML mythic just to try it out. Any ideas? I really appreciate the macro.

NewTank
I honestly don’t know why its doing that to you. I myself and the others havn’t had a issue with it not firing. You didnt happen to delete or add anything to it by chance? Try deleting the macro and re-importing it.

Interesting discussion Abby and tully, Abby what would you include or exclude in such a macro i know there are quit a few intrested in a “higher” lvl of gameplay macros. and as always keep up the great work.

It’s hard to say. It’s really at the discretion of the person using the macro, tbh.

The thing about prot warriors now is that they’re extremely overpowered and just as easy to play. There is massive margin for error but at the same time, you can easily screw things up. If you want to push high keys, you’re going to have to control some of the larger CD’s… you’re just not going to be able to play competitive in a higher IO bracket without doing so.

With that being said, tulley’s macro is great for people looking to push anything from 2-10 keys. Honestly, you could probably even get away with a 15 if you don’t time it OR if you have an incredible healer… but anything over that is unlikely to happen. His macro serves the majority of the community, which is good. Most people aren’t pushing high keys, they’re more of a casual player, and that’s why although I told him my input, I also said I didn’t recommend him change much.

Anyways…

As for a macro for high keys, you’d want something that does the bare minimum. So, something that casts a simple rotation such as, Thunder Clap, Shield Slam, Impending Victory, and Revenge; you can place some other necessary spells on modifiers such as Ignore Pain, Spell Reflection, Demoralizing Shout or Avatar. That way you’re able to perform the basic rotation but completely control your CD’s when needed. This isn’t ideal for most people as they either have physical limitations which prevent them from doing so, or perhaps they simply get overwhelmed. I know many get overwhelmed with modifiers, so asking them to control several CD’s is just not going to work.

Great info Abby…thanks so much. This will really help and thank you TUllY for the great info and macro also.

You are very welcome and what Abby stated above is correct. I try to build macros for the general purpose to help people that might be alittle “lack luster” in other aspects of their classes. so what she said is correct the macro preforms in a good spot for 2-10 keys. iv pushed the macro myself to 15s but always depends on affixs on how well it performs. I really wanna thank everyone for their input on this.

okay Ladies i’v tinkered with the macro system alittle to give more out put. There is a single target and a AOE thanks to Abbys suggestions. Single now has Avatar removed from the sequence and has gain a manuel cast. Revenge is still on a mod and not part of the sequence. Single is defaulted to vers 2 for raiding and dungeons while vers 1 in for general use. I would truly love some feed back from everyone on these modified versions. Tried hard to take into account everyones comments in the above posts. Abby i mostly built the AOE one for you btw lol. Only thing i would change is i still have Last stand in the single to auto cast on CD if anything i would remove that from the sequances for manuel cast. But please everyone check them out and let me know what you guys think.

d8JphaqzrRhvQ6Les9wjyBQYHbntuHUlv0Sjk3JOQBsu5xQQVjv60kPDkL9cTBe2pPFIkvgMs8BL6XOmuujdMYWLk6GeI8CKoMKohbluLyPerlMqTCe9qcr9uGLPyDsOMOeIPQsnzQW0fUOkj1Fje8mQ66svBKqOTIkfTzubBhvk1hrLcZIknnv8DvsYirLsUTenAPcFwLuNuLeVMqY1qvNNiSsjKghQOJtKgR4n2QiqsUtKKeicCjj3DlcGR04gC8QX2G3i4gkljckcQ1Xp1kc4wPSorGK9eQbd1Mf1KdOf9gkwTQAxNejjuMA90uTvc1Ios1UQnPmhArVHIvBuJdBs1C0tCDUjOQbjCOgjC1XkX1ArlsYbyVSqTbbfj5aSxwGTbbGot2vkc266rGCqg5MBMK01nbfVXwfVXwfbFgKg0uAFsWs1uJmPzipBxkggQP2W)4Dv7X3DCvRkSC4FyBqWNbPbnL2NeSun1itAgYZ2LIHHAQvfwo8px1g(hVRAvHLd)dBEe8zqAOwT(wW2bbFgKgQnEHzWgpc(minu75pES9qWNbPbnL2NeSuTXlmJRAJxygx1gVWmyRlc(minOP0(KGLQvGTlfddNQvRVfx1E(J3vTN)4XgNi4ZG0GMs7tcwQM)CgoDvZFodNytabFgKg0uAFsWs1ML54DvBwMJhbCCV7KJRLRbcQiGRnnKdYi34n2Qi4ZG0qTXlmd2ge8zqAO2ZF8yGGlPSaVGarExkgg4fei6ucjtzjKM4n2Qi4ZG0qn)5mCIbceDkbxKjLI3yRIGFajVoJKilLqTce7oGKLol4iHoCITbbFgKgQvOC7OywqkZPAp(Ud28i4ZG0qTcLBhft7yLdHt1QlD57EW2bbFgKgQvOC7OyOSWPANNWJtmqWn5kHOYOIxqaiYofXEcwSUjqaxKRBY1qceWfzkhKrUXBSvrWNbPHAJxygSni4ZG0GMs7tcwQMAKjnd5z7sXWqn1g(hVRAvHLd)ZvTQWYH)Hnpc(minuRaBxkggovRocD5Xab3KReIkJbVGb2g8gBve8zqAqtP9jblvtnYKMH8SDPyyOMAd)J3vTQWYH)5Qwvy5W)W2GGpdsdAkTpjyPAQrM0mKNTlfdd1uRkSC4FUQn8pEx1g(hp28i4ZG0GMs7tcwQMAKjnd5z7sXWqn1g(hVRAvHLd)ZvTQWYH)HTdc(minuRwFlyJhbFgKgQnEHzW2dbFgKgQ98hp26IGpdsd1ML54XgNi4ZG0GMs7tcwQ24fMXvTXlmJRAJxygSjGGpdsdAkTpjyPAfy7sXWWPA16BXvTN)4Dv75pESvxqWNbPbnL2NeSun)5mC6QM)CgoXwTIGpdsdAkTpjyPAJxygx1gVWmUQnEHzqah37o54A5AGGkce5DPyyGxqWLuwGxqWn5kHOYyWliq0PesMYsinXBSvrWNbPHA(Zz4eBdc(minu75pES5rWNbPHAJxygmqGOtj4ImPu8gBve8di51zKezPeQvGy3bKS0zbhj0HtSni4ZG0qTcLBhfZcszov7X3DWMhbFgKgQvOC7OyAhRCiCQwDPlF3d2oi4ZG0qTcLBhfdLfov78eECIbc4Atd5GmYnEJTkc(minuB8cZGTbbFgKgQ98hpgiaezNIypblw3eiGlY1n5Aibc4ImLdYi34n2Qi4ZG0qTXlmd2ge8zqAqtP9jblvtnYKMH8SDPyyOMAd)J3vTQWYH)5Qwvy5W)WMhbFgKgQvGTlfddNQvhHU8yGGBYvcrLrfVGbgiqK6Jo2KiqYnKCLq8M75EeihKOhk7kersYTtIyDtGxWadebaUsage Information
Run at 20 MS
Tab 1 general use in the world
Tab 2 for dungeons and raiding
Default 2

This macro contains 2macro versions. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

• The Default macro is 2
Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Shield Slam, Devastate, Victory Rush, Demoralizing Shout, Ignore Pain, Shield Block, Thunder Clap, Revenge

Macro Version 2

Main Sequence: Shield Slam, Victory Rush, Demoralizing Shout, Ignore Pain, Shield Block, Devastate, Thunder Clap

KeyRelease: Thunder Clap, Shield Slam, Victory Rush

Now the AOE version is for the soul purpose of large pulls with 5+mobs mostly for reaping and for standard face pulling. I have tested both of these in some 10s and they are preforming quiet well. On reaping i sit around 70k or better. trash with around 5 mobs sitting around 45k which to me is not bad at all.

dWJ)daGEcrVKGQ3cI2gvMjHWSjfxwQBse9lqDBf6Wi2jvTxv7gj7x4Nkidtr9Bi(lPugkK0GfnCsjhuPI7rO6yKCoLYcvQAPGWIvGLJupKGspfyzOADkOMiHKPcstMaMoLlsq0PHuptsxxr2ibjBLGuBMqQTtq4Be1SivFMGIxtO0ijLQhJYOvQ04iqNKqX0uY1K48eH7cjEouhNi9vh69QdGyODGaOnuHyiOABNHeY75h6bqjAAkdFGsXRCL6ar1IMmPXUxDG2BnADaetursSi5ZJ4dKKWOre6MgJgHcFO3Ro07vhaZiyls1SCrEDp)aygbB4w6utX6iJKUXTjodzCaXImsEXv0JuTnVko9ivBZRI7(6bWmc2WT0PMI1rgjDJBtCgY4aIfzKQT5vXPhjV4k6rYlUY9RdGzeSHBPtnfRJms6g3M4mKXbelYi5fxrps128Q40JuTnVkU7lhaZiyd3sNAkwhPRUQ6r6kYC9iD1v9E3bWmc2IuPCZ3lFamJGTi51no)EbpaMrWwKQz5I86(TdGzeSHBPtnfRJ0vK56r6QRQEKUIm)E18bWmc2WT0PMI1rwxlUG6rwxlUG3RuhaZiyd3sNAkwhPRUQ6r6kYC9iD1v9arGGOLiqpI2oqDGWImoGyF)b7Bn23FauA0uITn13FGWBjGO10eCFO3RoaMrWwK11Il498dGzeSfPRUQ3xpaMrWwKUIm)2bcVLav6gJp07vhaBeAHPTMQhLisiPq2LqpIcKc0ebq5E(bWmc2IeYrebgMz0AqjsxrMFF9aygbBrc5iIadJ3fTOnuIunlxKx3VoaMrWwKqoIiWWengkrUCBobVDaQiytscJg5qVxDamJGTi51no)E(bWmc2I0vx17RhaZiylsxrMF7aG1Ajutumdnc1bOsJgHgTjXbOs3ssy0ih69QdGzeSfjVUX53ZpaMrWgULo1uSoYiPBCBIZqghqSiJKxCf9ivBZRItps128Q4UVEamJGTiHKHmoGyOePIVjxUDauA0uITn(3F72b7mz7IqFaeieA0udqePipaOvZeJOUxUEGKeQjIgXqznTq0ugAeQV)2TFaUsage Information
Run at 20ms

Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Shield Slam, Victory Rush, Revenge, Demoralizing Shout, Ignore Pain, Shield Block, Avatar, Thunder Clap

KeyRelease: Thunder Clap, Revenge, Victory Rush

Post Macro: Thunder Clap, Revenge, Shield Slam

1 Like

Hello,

I justed tanked LFR with my 371 Warrior and it worked like a charm, but you are saying Revenge is not part of the sequence, but it is?
I mean it worked well, so it is okay I guess. Also, the STRG Modifier for Revenge is not working for me, but this could be an error on my side but for that matter I made sure that STRG is not used anywhere so the modifier is free to use.

Thanks for the Macro, it is great fun! Also tanked a +4 with it, no problems. I think I can go higher, but need to push my score first.

[quote quote=69736]Hello,
I justed tanked LFR with my 371 Warrior and it worked like a charm, but you are saying Revenge is not part of the sequence, but it is? I mean it worked well, so it is okay I guess. Also, the STRG Modifier for Revenge is not working for me, but this could be an error on my side but for that matter I made sure that STRG is not used anywhere so the modifier is free to use.
Thanks for the Macro, it is great fun! Also tanked a +4 with it, no problems. I think I can go higher, but need to push my score first.[/quote]

Good to hear that your liking it. On the revenge part make sure you are using the right vers in the tab vers 1 is for general world stuff and without opening it up in game i believe that one has revenge in the sequence but the vers 2 has it only on a mod key.