5.2 Survival Fully Working with Lock and Load!

should i delete the lines with the skills i cannot use yet?

Hello Paul, you don’t have to unless all the abilities are not working right. If you do delete some of them make sure the macro priority lines have the correct amount of 0’s.

Correct:

Not:

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/cast [combat] Stampede
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Im using this macro, it works well in every ToT fight, my dps about 120k-130k and with debuff over 150k with lv 526, using Thrill of Hunt So as you said Moon if aMOC now not much different with Blinkstireks. Can be replaced with Fevor + aMOC, how can we put it in this macro?

Yes change out Stampede and put out Fervor. I have Stampede in there because I’m lazy. With that you should be able to get Fervor and aMOC. BS is overall a better talent because it doesn’t use any focus and your pets DPS goes through the roof. The issue is on fights like Magera where your pet will vanish from time to time because the position of the platform. Lynx Rush isn’t recommended at all.

My Hunter is 522 and I think he does about 125k with that macro. I’ll have to check again later.

i reached 90 and have an ilvl of 451. i dont know which to go with. is glave toss the best one? is it still cheap to reset with dream stuff or it’s expensive at level 90 to reset talents?

Hello Paul, according to WoWPopular website the survival hunters preference on the last talent is Glaive Toss. Depending how many times you reset the talents it increases 5 gold each time at max cap of 50 gold. Or you can always use a Tome of the Clear Mind that is only 50 silver each I believe.

when i initially used the macro on a dummy it worked perfectly but once i tried it out on a mob it started skipping ES and i haven’t been able to figure out why. Any ideas?
I’m using Macro toolkit and this is the code copied directly from the game.

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,A Murder of Crows
/cast [combat] Stampede
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/use [combat] 10
/startattack

I use Blink Strikes for pet and Thrill of the Hunt, not sure why people still have the use 13 & 14 unless you still have trinks that need to be clicked for procs?

I am a 530 IL and average 230k on ToT bosses with this macro. I hit Stampede manually for Bloodlusts

Glaive Toss is the best yes, but on fights that don’t have adds it’s the second worse. Barrage is overall a better talent because it works on single targets as well as AoE. The only difference is that on AoE the damage is “spread”. Glaive Toss doesn’t work that way.

Powershot is the worst talent because of it’s cast time. It’s good for PVP though as it will knock back people if you can get it off.

Anybody whose under 502 item level still has use trinkets. I don’t and most people don’t. Also PVP trinkets are use as well.

I don’t know if Blizzard is going to remove the use effect next patch. From the looks of it RPPM will be the new thing for good.

really? trinkets become useless after ilvl 502??? right now im ilvl 480. the last time i checked on a dummy with moons macro i was hitting 25k dps with overall on. is that how we measure correctly? turn on overall on recount? anyway that was with 460 ilvl i think. i have yet to hit a dummy. in most heroic dungeons i get under 30k but that has buffs on. i have noticed that moons macro does the most for me. however i think it should be tuned with lock n load. when i use LL and the fire/explosive trap it gives me a slight boost i think. can’t you work that in for even more dps?? ll i mean. ill test a dummy in a few minutes and tell you all what i get with my 480 ilvl and moons and some other macros listed here.

how do i properly test the macro on a dummy>? i just tried it and it went up to 30k then dropped down to 17k… once my cooldowns were in effect.

I still put the trinkets (13/14) on any macros I make just in case someone has any trinkets with /use and is able to use it. Not everyone is geared the same and it does not hurt the macro while having it there doing nothing. Is just future proof if you get a new trinket then don’t have to worry about it.

@paul, Usually DPS or damage may vary depending many variables. Should be higher in groups since you get extra buffs. To make sure certain spells are firing off like they should you can get feedback by a damage meter addon.

The problem with dummies is that they don’t represent real DPS. Their health is lowered, and because of that your DOTS can’t interact well with it. Look at dummies as a base number, and add about 30% and that will be your real raid DPS.

As for trinkets, I meant equip trinkets. The /use trinkets won’t be around.

[quote quote=6351]So I’ve been playing with the rotation for Survival and using our leading zero technique to find some errors and some advancements.

My goal was to create a macro that would fire Explosive Shot and Black Arrow on cooldown. I wanted to make sure that Explosive Shot benefited from Lock and Load procs as that becomes some of our best DPS. With the following macros I have done just that.

Single Target

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Blink Strike
/cast [combat] Kill Shot
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

AoE

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Blink Strike
/castsequence reset=5 Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Kill Shot
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Where Blink Strike is you can replace that with A Murder of Crows or even Lynx Rush. I choose Blink Strike because it has high burst DPS and doesn’t use up focus. Lynx Rush is very good but more benefit for BM and not Survival.

I tested out everything on this and I can guarantee it works.
[/quote]

Hey there, awesome site!

I’ve been trying your macro and through Macro Toolkit and such…
and i dont use “keyclickers, autohotkey, gaming keyboards etc etc” im just a key-puncher… this macro starts out around 103k’ish and then flats out to about 80k’ish… help me!?

regards, Paatz - the 512 hunter

@paatz, Hi Paatz is this on a dummy or dungeon/raid? Did you optimize with Ask Mr. Robot? All the abilities are firing off? How much dps do you do without the macro?

This is on dummy, without macro, in burn phase with cd’s i have 130k’ish and ends up on 90k’ish…

Yes always fulle optimized with ask mr robot…

do i really need fx autohotkey for this macro to be optimal ?

Hi again Paatz, are there any spells that are not going off or some that the macro is missing from what you use? You can keep track of what is firing off with the damage meter. How is your latency? Usually all lazy macros have to spam the key very fast. I can take a look at it later on my friend’s hunter and see if there is anything that can be done.

i’m sorry for the novish question but how do i use ask mr robot to optimize my gear yadda yadda? it tells me what gear i should go after or something?

@paul, Hello Paul, I believe is easier to youtube search “how to use askmrrobot” and it will explain better with a walkthrough on how is done.