7.1.5 GS:E Change question

f it my gf does code for a living I’m going to have her fix this lol i have 0 clue what to do

ctrl+G not available to search…wtf?

[quote quote=39174]

updated in Due time? most authors bother to test during a patches ptr, not wait until the whole thing dies on users first.

The author of this FREE addon owes you nothing. They do have lives outside of what they do involving the addon. It will be fixed when he has time, or when someone else in the community (looks like someone has already found a temp fix) is able to help out with a fix. Until then, you’re welcome to go elsewhere.
Yes, this program is free but the author of the free program said there would be no problems, and look at what is happening now. Free or not unless you know for 100% certainty your program isn’t going to fail then you shouldn’t they there won’t be any problems. The fact that this program doesn’t work at all after the update shows that he didn’t bother to test in PTR. So your reaction is a bit uncalled for.
If the author wanted to up and quit working on it without any explanation, he could. He owes you, myself, or anyone absolutely nothing. He does this for free. Whether or not he said it would be fine (according to TL, he was referring to the new version, 2.0). Even if he DID say it would work fine on release, PTR does not = live. Something could have changed in the live release that threw something off. To come here and QQ about your addon not working is ridiculous, especially less than 24 hours after patch launch. [/quote]

QQ some more about people being pissed Sean. It was said to have been tested. It was not, he admits it. No one asked for your fucking opinion on anything either so STFU.

Fix worked perfectly. GS:E has spoiled me. I was like, “Well…GS not working…wonder what’s on TV?”

[quote quote=39199]ctrl+G not available to search…wtf?
[/quote]

Open it in Notepad, go to Edit>Find paste this: if specID > 15, it’ll take you to the correct line. Then just follow the other post.

anyone complaining needs to calm down. I am in the same boat and yes its frustrating. once i get paid i am finally going to donate to his Tim’s addon page. Definitely deserved. He is super quick to answer questions on here, expecting nothing in return and whenever I ask him something he always gets right back to me in the nicest way possible. Thank you so much for this addon Timothy I love it and can’t wait for the update:D

Hello, the temp fix does work, I just did it, u get the basic macro’s back, if you had modified one of them than it returned back to original but other than that the temp fix works. Hard time finding it as I did, once you open your GS-Core folder, there is not another folder to open, click on Startup, looks like a little notebook being opened, that is where you need to count down to line 421, including blank lines and add the – in front of the 5 lines just like in the pic above, great job on the temp fix, great job on GSSE, thank you for your time and effort to find the fix and to the person who made GSSE for us to use and I am sure you will update it as soon as you can.

[quote quote=39209]Fix worked perfectly. GS:E has spoiled me. I was like, “Well…GS not working…wonder what’s on TV?”
[/quote]

LOL!!! Right?! i have a couple fo characters that I dont use it on, and I was like hmmm do i want to play them or go watch tv, lol. LOve this addon!

so like this?

http://imgur.com/bjjIEnX

Do we still need to do this fix if we have already updated as per this thread?

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/gse2-and-7-1-5/

I have done the fix as noted in this thread, then went to that thread and updated and cannot import macros.

damn tried to quote the 421-425 fix. it worked for me, thanks for that!

The fix mentioned worked for me, currently not using the new Beta / Alpha one only as it can’t seem to find any suitable macros for main character I am playing (Protection Paladin) and importing ones that worked previously also doesn’t work. The fix mentioned at least allows me to play for now until some new macro’s or better HP ones come out for classes.

what do i do i have no startup.lua in my gs core folder

the line change worked for me! kudos

Worked for me as well just cant use /gs to auto put them into the macro list but thats okay for now. I am not updating to the 2.0 untill i can find and use my macro’s that i built without having to rebuild them all over again.

Just created an account to say to Tim, Cheers for all the work you do on this.

For the whiney crybabys who are complaining … get the fuck over yourselves … damn kids and their ‘the world owes me everything’ attitudes … “Oh noes my FREE addon isn’t working but he said it would … WAHHHHH!”

used the fix, everything is working as before…thanx

Hey,
Just wanted the form to know that I tried the fix and it did not work. I went to digging and discovered that the GS-Core is not even loading into My games when I check the addons list in-game. How do I fix this?

Just wait hes trying to fix it hrs only one guy give him some time

I am waiting I was just putting that out there because no one else has had this problem… That’s all.