(7.2.0) Prot Paladin, GSE2 (15th May 2017)

All i can add to this macro to those who want updates all the time " Don’t Fix If It Aint Broke" I rock this macro healers don’t even bother to focus me and dps sit in a corner blushing.

[quote quote=47295]Hi,
Great macro; thanks! quick question: talent build calls for “Hand of the Protector”; however, the macro uses “Light of the Protector”. I assume just replace LOTP with HOTP?
Thanks!
[/quote]

I have updated the code to support LotP/HotP talent choices, thanks for bringing it up!

"/cast Light of the Protector",
"/cast [talent:5/1] Hand of the Protector",

[quote quote=47215]So I had to reinstall wow due to still getting those ungodly long load screens. Anywho, had to reinstall all addons and macros. When I go to load this macro it says successful however nothing imports. My warrior ones were fine, so far this one is a no go. Any thoughts anyone?
[/quote]

(1) Are you using the latest version of GSE, currently 2.0.14?
(2) Are you in in Protection spec?
(3) The macro does not appear when you type “/gs” ?

The initial sequence looked pretty daunting so I was a bit reluctant to try this macro out, but I’ve been using it on my Paladin since level 100 and I have pretty much facerolled everything from single targets to massive groups without breaking a sweat. In fact, my now-level-106 prot paladin’s dps is coming up higher than some of my 110 dps-spec characters in standard questing gear.

I’m using a 110ms AHK autofire and have had zero issues or hang ups anywhere, regardless of whether I stay on a single target or switch to several targets within a minute. Can’t wait to see how it performs at 110 in better gear! Thanks Gary for an awesome macro. You made my paladin fun again.

[quote quote=47649]The initial sequence looked pretty daunting so I was a bit reluctant to try this macro out, but I’ve been using it on my Paladin since level 100 and I have pretty much facerolled everything from single targets to massive groups without breaking a sweat. In fact, my now-level-106 prot paladin’s dps is coming up higher than some of my 110 dps-spec characters in standard questing gear.
I’m using a 110ms AHK autofire and have had zero issues or hang ups anywhere, regardless of whether I stay on a single target or switch to several targets within a minute. Can’t wait to see how it performs at 110 in better gear! Thanks Gary for an awesome macro. You made my paladin fun again.
[/quote]

Glad you’re having fun!

I can assure you at 110 it’s even better, the DPS is very nice! I’m often reaching similar DPS to my beloved Brewmaster who is 29 ilvls higher than my Paladin! Crazy. I use this macro with my Logitech G500 mouse set to 75ms -which I think is too fast, but it gets the job done.

Cheers!

Wow, not sure if I already posted, but thanks for all your effort. Really loving the macro.

I’m getting the same issue. My current GSE version is 2.1.0 per curse app

EDIT I believe I have found the issue. make sure when copying and pasting from the code block into the import window of GSE in-game, that all spaces and additional lines are removed from the end of the macro after the last bracket } at the end of the macro. There should be no further characters like a space or an additional line.

This fixed my issue

[quote quote=47720]EDIT I believe I have found the issue. make sure when copying and pasting from the code block into the import window of GSE in-game, that all spaces and additional lines are removed from the end of the macro after the last bracket } at the end of the macro. There should be no further characters like a space or an additional line.
This fixed my issue
[/quote]
Yeah not sure what you were copying but yes, thanks for pointing out that the copy and paste must be exact! I think maybe the CSS could be cleaned up a little to help with the copy and pasting but glad you got it sorted!

[quote quote=47715]Wow, not sure if I already posted, but thanks for all your effort. Really loving the macro.
[/quote]
It is such an amazing addon, I couldn’t play WOW without it and I really love helping others enjoy it via this macro. Thanks for taking the time to say thanks, cheers!

loop 20 and 100 ms. works good. thanks

@Gary,

First things first, love the macro works like a charm. But I do have a request/question where and how would you weave in on use trinkets into the macro. Would that be possible without screwing up everything else.

Hey,

first at all nice Macro. I like it !

Could you post the same macro without Light of the Protector ? I´m not able to extract it myself from the macro.

Thanks !

Figured it out thanks :wink:

deleted

Something I observed, not sure if intentional or not, but you stated Version 3 is based off of Version 1, but it’s not; the macro uses the base for Version 2 but includes Eye of Tyr.

Edit: I should add that regardless, this has been my go-to tank macro. :slight_smile:

Edit 2: Well, now I actually did notice something else, but running Version 1 (with Eye of Tyr added to the macro), after the initial long burst of Seraphim, I’ve noticed the macro only gives a few seconds of Seraphim after that at the most. I don’t think the reset function is working for storing charges of SotR, or else I’m doing something wrong.

I don’t know what I did! this is annoying as hell. I can import the sequence into the editor in the game but it’s not playing nice and there’s no macro showing up that I can even use. It was working fine the other day.

[quote quote=48003]@Gary,
First things first, love the macro works like a charm. But I do have a request/question where and how would you weave in on use trinkets into the macro. Would that be possible without screwing up everything else.
[/quote]

I actually would recommend you keep trinkets away from the macro, however -as you asked -if I were then it’d probably be after the first call to Seraphim, below. The first call is almost guaranteed to trigger Seraphim and is lines up well with pulls where you may want extra burst. So, if you want the macro to fire trinkets search for the following code in the macro:
“/cast [combat] Seraphim”,
Now, add below:

"/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath",
"/use 13",
"/use 13",

In action, that would open rotation and then Seraphim > Avenging Wrath and trinkets. It would be a guaranteed burst on pull assuming all abilities are off cooldown. However I would strongly recommend you create and keybind a standard macro with Avenging Wrath > trinkets and hit that when need extra burst. The macro itself is pretty self contained and is very DPS proactive; timing trinkets and Avenging Wrath manually will be your best result. The standard, WoW macro (not GSE) trinket macro I would use is as follows:

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 13
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

[quote quote=48101]Hey,
first at all nice Macro. I like it !
Could you post the same macro without Light of the Protector ? I´m not able to extract it myself from the macro.
Thanks !
[/quote]

Hi Christian!

You would need to remove the following code:

"/cast Light of the Protector",
"/cast [talent:5/1] Hand of the Protector",

However I will send you the modified version, in full, via a direct message. Cheers

[quote quote=48214]Something I observed, not sure if intentional or not, but you stated Version 3 is based off of Version 1, but it’s not; the macro uses the base for Version 2 but includes Eye of Tyr.
Edit: I should add that regardless, this has been my go-to tank macro. ???
Edit 2: Well, now I actually did notice something else, but running Version 1 (with Eye of Tyr added to the macro), after the initial long burst of Seraphim, I’ve noticed the macro only gives a few seconds of Seraphim after that at the most. I don’t think the reset function is working for storing charges of SotR, or else I’m doing something wrong.
[/quote]

Well spotted, V3 was designed to not include Eye of Tyr -I will fix that. Cheers!

As for the Seraphim output, I think mileage will vary depending on circumstances and character stats. It’s definetly something that could be worked on, but I really want the macro to work for everyone and for it to remain an ‘all in one’ that works out of the box. I don’t want to fragment the macro into ‘builders and spenders’ either which is how I started. I’m on a WoW day today so I may come back with some modifications.

Thanks everyone for your input!

I believe you might have misunderstood what I was saying: you wrote that you included Eye of Tyr to be with macro version 3, which is supposedly based on the layout of version 1. However, version 3 lacks the first’s format, and looks like it is based on version 2. It’s not that big of a deal, but I didn’t want you fixing or editing something out of a misinterpretation of what I said. :slight_smile:

And I get what you’re saying about mileage for Seraphim; it’s just SotR seems to be used on cooldown now and isn’t being saved. Unless that is working as intended for version one.

Re Trinkets

/use 13 and /use 14 don’t work with GSE.

Either turn on trinkets in your global options or on the macro itself tick the Trinket boxes in the editor. (The trinket boxes will add Trinket1=True to the macro. Same thing for Rings, Belt, Boots, Head slots)

[quote quote=48246]Re Trinkets
/use 13 and /use 14 don’t work with GSE.
Either turn on trinkets in your global options or on the macro itself tick the Trinket boxes in the editor. (The trinket boxes will add Trinket1=True to the macro. Same thing for Rings, Belt, Boots, Head slots)
[/quote]

Thank you Sir! I actually figured that out about an hour after posting this and forgot to come back and edit the post.

My understanding was that reset=time commands don’t work in GSE2?

Reset=time works perfectly. The mosconception is that reset=time is not reset after time. It’s not reset after 5 seconds for example.

In all wow macros reset=time means to reset after not pressing the button for time. Reset=5 means to reset if I don’t try to use the macro for 5 seconds. With GSE as you are spamming the button this is rarely achieved.

The behaviour of reset=time is not unique to GSE it’s how it behaves for all macros.