ARMS – 5.4 [ Pure Ownage!... ]

Gosh dangit alright fine. Lol. I will keep updating warrior macros in the future.

I actually might pull mine off the shelf. I cant decide if I want to play my frost dk or warrior most. I want to RBG and BG - what you think will top the meters more fellas? I am thinking Frost DK cause of dots, but I am hearing that warriors are great with grievous gear. I always seem to die quickly as a warrior in 5.3 in BGs if I get focused. How are they now in 5.4?

ok , I don t BGs only arenas. But what I saw is that DK is really powerfull and have also an amazing survivability.
Concerning the warrior , it s above the dk in terms of damages ( that are crazy )and can also have a good survivability but under the dk…

I think it s more a question of gameplay, both can be great.

oh and what about this monk macro???
Very interested in that =)

just found this site and was eager to try these macros out… but i cant figury out how u manage to get all that in one macro? I can only use 255 charactars… and that not even half of the text in your macros?!

edit nvm…aftrer reading a few post i found the anwser =)

Because you need an addon from curse.com called “Macro Toolkit”. Its a legitimate addon so no worries. Its a macro extender allowing up to 1,000 characters.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give my feedback/input on some tweaks I’ve made with Mr. Webber’s macros that are more PVE focused.

First off Mr. Webber thank you so much for creating a great base with your warrior macros for people like myself to toy and tinker with. I’ve taken what you had and centered it around PVE priority and warrior cooldowns to really tear up the DPS charts.

Disclaimer*- Yes arms AOE is killer when it comes to raiding AOE fights (ie: Spoils fight in SoO). Yesterday in normal I topped the charts as ARMS on that fight beating everyone in my guild that has the legendary cloak. I don’t even have the cloak yet but when I do OMG! The problem is arms single target just can’t do what fury does. I will make a new topic with my fury macros so everyone can try and provide feedback. Also I do not include all warrior CD’s in macros because when raiding yes you want to blow everything at the start, but after that it can become very situational when to use them next. I have a CD macro myself to blow everything when needed.

Lets start with Arms AOE:

Someone mentioned in this thread earlier that Mr. Webber’s aoe macro wasn’t triggering Thunderclap, and they were right. No worries I have created a fix. Give this a try:

/startattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Thunder Clap
/castsequence [combat] reset=3 10,Bloodbath,Bladestorm
/cast sweeping strikes
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast Charge

In case you were wondering what the 10 means, 10 is the command for your gloves in which I am an engineer. Glove on use, Bloodbath, and Bladestorm are all a 1 min CD so I can use all 3 at the same time. In Mr. Webby’s macro he has sweeping strikes in there as a castsequence which isn’t needed as you can just place it like I have and it will trigger off CD every time. Also if you find yourself being rage starved with this macro, keep in mind I have full set bonuses on my warrior, so the 2 piece bonus grants me a lot of extra rage. If you don’t have that yet, take sweeping strikes out and use it when you can since it costs 30 rage. Really you don’t need it as you will still top AoE charts without it. Also don’t forget to use a shout when bladestorming, its free. Again try it out and give me your feedback.

Arms Single Target:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Dragon Roar
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Execute
/castsequence reset=2 Colossus Smash, Heroic Strike
/cast !Colossus Smash
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast [combat] 10
/cast Charge
/startattack

A couple of things here. Dragon Roar is better for single target than Bladestorm is. Reason being, You are losing out on 6 seconds of your main abilities while bladestorming while Dragon Roar is instant. Also the way I have it in the macro doesn’t always make it used on CD. This is fine as it actually isn’t a priority to use. Your other abilities are. It will only use it when there is nothing else. Ideally you don’t want to use Dragon Roar inside of a Colossus Smash. Unfortunately this might happen as you can’t predict when CSmash will be used since CSmash will constantly proc being an Arms warrrior.

Also you will see I have execute in there. Again I have full 4 piece set bonus which can proc Execute above 20%. This way when it procs it will be used. I have a separate execute macro for Fury, but with arms I just use this one all the way through, above and below 20%.

Last thing, I’ve read people saying they were rage capped and would have heroic strike bound separately when they needed to rage dump. I am never raged capped as I have heroic strike to be used right after a CSmash. Remember you ONLY want to heroic strike inside of a CSmash anyways.

Try those out everyone and let me know what you think. I see Mr. Webber and I are on the same server, maybe he and I can get together in game and tweak some things even more for you Arms warriors out there! The only thing is he would have to go horde :stuck_out_tongue:

Again I will post my 5.4 fury macros in a new thread, since I mainly raid as Fury. Thanks Mr. Webber for a great base with these macros, and hopefully all the PVE warriors out there can use these tweaks I’ve came up with to top some charts!

[quote quote=11070]Hey everyone! I just wanted to give my feedback/input on some tweaks I’ve made with Mr. Webber’s macros that are more PVE focused.

First off Mr. Webber thank you so much for creating a great base with your warrior macros for people like myself to toy and tinker with. I’ve taken what you had and centered it around PVE priority and warrior cooldowns to really tear up the DPS charts.

Disclaimer*- Yes arms AOE is killer when it comes to raiding AOE fights (ie: Spoils fight in SoO). Yesterday in normal I topped the charts as ARMS on that fight beating everyone in my guild that has the legendary cloak. I don’t even have the cloak yet but when I do OMG! The problem is arms single target just can’t do what fury does. I will make a new topic with my fury macros so everyone can try and provide feedback. Also I do not include all warrior CD’s in macros because when raiding yes you want to blow everything at the start, but after that it can become very situational when to use them next. I have a CD macro myself to blow everything when needed.

Lets start with Arms AOE:

Someone mentioned in this thread earlier that Mr. Webber’s aoe macro wasn’t triggering Thunderclap, and they were right. No worries I have created a fix. Give this a try:

/startattack<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Overpower<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Mortal Strike<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Slam<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Colossus Smash<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Thunder Clap<br>
/castsequence [combat] reset=3 10,Bloodbath,Bladestorm<br>
/cast sweeping strikes<br>
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage<br>
/cast [combat] Blood Fury<br>
/cast Charge

In case you were wondering what the 10 means, 10 is the command for your gloves in which I am an engineer. Glove on use, Bloodbath, and Bladestorm are all a 1 min CD so I can use all 3 at the same time. In Mr. Webby’s macro he has sweeping strikes in there as a castsequence which isn’t needed as you can just place it like I have and it will trigger off CD every time. Also if you find yourself being rage starved with this macro, keep in mind I have full set bonuses on my warrior, so the 2 piece bonus grants me a lot of extra rage. If you don’t have that yet, take sweeping strikes out and use it when you can since it costs 30 rage. Really you don’t need it as you will still top AoE charts without it. Also don’t forget to use a shout when bladestorming, its free. Again try it out and give me your feedback.

Arms Single Target:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Dragon Roar<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Slam<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Overpower<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Mortal Strike<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Execute<br>
/castsequence reset=2 Colossus Smash, Heroic Strike<br>
/cast !Colossus Smash<br>
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage<br>
/cast [combat] Blood Fury<br>
/cast [combat] Bloodbath<br>
/cast [combat] 10<br>
/cast Charge<br>
/startattack

A couple of things here. Dragon Roar is better for single target than Bladestorm is. Reason being, You are losing out on 6 seconds of your main abilities while bladestorming while Dragon Roar is instant. Also the way I have it in the macro doesn’t always make it used on CD. This is fine as it actually isn’t a priority to use. Your other abilities are. It will only use it when there is nothing else. Ideally you don’t want to use Dragon Roar inside of a Colossus Smash. Unfortunately this might happen as you can’t predict when CSmash will be used since CSmash will constantly proc being an Arms warrrior.

Also you will see I have execute in there. Again I have full 4 piece set bonus which can proc Execute above 20%. This way when it procs it will be used. I have a separate execute macro for Fury, but with arms I just use this one all the way through, above and below 20%.

Last thing, I’ve read people saying they were rage capped and would have heroic strike bound separately when they needed to rage dump. I am never raged capped as I have heroic strike to be used right after a CSmash. Remember you ONLY want to heroic strike inside of a CSmash anyways.

Try those out everyone and let me know what you think. I see Mr. Webber and I are on the same server, maybe he and I can get together in game and tweak some things even more for you Arms warriors out there! The only thing is he would have to go horde :P

Again I will post my 5.4 fury macros in a new thread, since I mainly raid as Fury. Thanks Mr. Webber for a great base with these macros, and hopefully all the PVE warriors out there can use these tweaks I’ve came up with to top some charts!
[/quote]

Ryan, yah I just slapped the AOE one together without much real thought and yes I am very much open to constructive feedback, because that is what this site is for. Your post is great and in 3-4 days when I get back home I will try it out.

I know I told you guys that I wasnt going to be playing my warrior anymore, but I decided to. They seem pretty awesome in 5.4 and I want to start gearing mine up. I was having a tough time deciding upon a Ret Pally, Frost DK or Arms Warrior. I love Shadow, but I would also like a really cool melee toon to play with. Id also like to start doing some pve and warrior seems like the funnest in my opinion for pve.

Anyway thanks for the macro. Excellent post and thanks for the kind compliments. Ryan you should message me privately and give me your battletag. I would love to chat you up.

Thank you Chris, and all the other macro makers out there.

I have chosen this macro thread to express my appreciation, as this was the macro that started, and has kept me with this system.

I’m using a lot of these on various classes, and beginning to understand the syntax from forum contributions and discussions.

On a personal note Chris. Best wishes

haha; you are welcome buddy. I have taken a break for a few weeks playing borderlands on the ps3 as well as GTA 5. It is insanely fun. However, after 9 years of playing WoW; I can never stop playing. Its the best game ever created; period!.. And yes these macros make it a world of difference.

So, Ryan

Let me get this straight.

Your Arms macros rely on retalenting Dragon Roar/Bladestorm in basically every fight ? =)

I realized that also. Yah I will always stick with Bladestorm on my warrior, its far too fun and powerful now. However, on single target boss fights I agree it might not be optimal. Nevertheless, I dont pve.I am going to try out his macro though, but replace dragon with bladestorm. I will try it out once I get back to wow in a week or so.

[quote quote=11244]So, Ryan

Let me get this straight.

Your Arms macros rely on retalenting Dragon Roar/Bladestorm in basically every fight ? =)
[/quote]

Actually you’ll be re-talenting Bladestorm and Dragon Roar a lot. Single target fights you will use Dragon Roar, and AoE fights/Trash you will use Bladestorm. At least with my macro you can use the same one and dont need 2 macros for either ability.

So make sure you have a lot of Tomb of the Clear Minds on you. It’s the same with Fury as well, which is the spec I raid in. I use 3 different glyphs depending on the fight, and I use Bladestorm, Bloodbath, Storm Both, and Dragon Roar depending on the fight and/or what gear I have.

how do these macros work ? do you just spam the button non stop or what ?

Yes you spam the button non stop.

Also, is there a way to remove Piercing howl from this macro entirely…in a PVE fight its sort of useless and just eating rage for no reason.

yea, highlight it “Piercing howl” open the spellbook and shift click preferred spell in its place.

[quote quote=11362]Yes you spam the button non stop.

Also, is there a way to remove Piercing howl from this macro entirely…in a PVE fight its sort of useless and just eating rage for no reason.
[/quote]

First, please tell us if you are referring to pve or pvp. It is good for pvp, but in pve yah its garbage. Just delete it and replace it with another ability, but remember there is a null variable there so it should only be an ability that is not a main attack; it should be a support ability similar to piercing howl. I would suggest either battle shout or commanding shout.

From a PvP perspective the 6 second immunity that Bladestorm provides is irreplaceable. Again from a PvP perspective, the reason why we are rage starved is because we have to run in Defensive Stance. I am running Disrupting Shout, Mass Spell Reflection and Spell Reflection to hurt casters with Intimidating Shout being our only CC.

Single Target:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Skull Banner
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Blood Bath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Mass Spell Reflection
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Disrupting Shout
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Spell Reflection
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Execute
/castsequence reset=0.3 Victory Rush
/castsequence reset=2 Colossus Smash, Heroic Strike
/cast !Colossus Smash
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Using your Aoe macro without the sweeping strikes.

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip Bladestorm
/startattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Thunder Clap
/castsequence [combat] reset=3 10,Bloodbath,Bladestorm
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Put Skull banner on ST as a castsequence and hopefully the damn thing drops more. Thanks.

I am talking PVE, I never do PVP.

just replace it with battle or commanding shout.

Totally awesome mate, keep up the good work. I used the macro for the first time today and it ‘OWNS’