Asbobunny 8.3 BM Macro V3!

try 70 ms instead
even if we lost the buff barbed shot
I am in
average 444 ilvl 36-40k dps
I shoot at 70 ms

sorry for my language i am french

2202012 sims higher for me also in the guide that you linked does not say 1,2,2,2,2,1,2

also 2202012 is the one in blood mallet

and here is my sim as proof
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/fJUNYUpT54kcWrrXGcJQ6L

the point is the macro needs an update for 8.3 and would be nice if @Asbobunny can update it

2 Likes

ok tested with speed delay running at 70 ms as recommended and nothing the dps to the boss dummy is from 27-30k average,
my sim says something else though
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/29tTgryiYfjFpDNhbmHqAs
so whereā€™s the problem?

small question to set ms running macro but I have 2 options what changes ?

option 1:
Annotazione 2020-01-19 143855

or option 2 :foto 2

for example Iā€™m also testing 2 other new macros, one from the hunterā€™s camp discord always updated to new macros and in question the new macro of valamar with new talents of now and that is 22x2x12 already seems to go a little better at the same speed value marked me on 33-35 k dps. and the other macro is my personal macro that iā€™m updating now for the 8.3 always with new talents. the first test gave me even 40-43k going to have an a sim of 98% excellent. so i donā€™t know where it could depend on these factors.

i feel like since 8.3 and a significant jump in Ilvl on my hunter the dps is still the same and less in some fights as it was pre patch

Animal companion did take a 5% nerf and it does feel a little weaker to me overall but iā€™m still putting out good numbers with my hunter.

This is our recommended build for encounters with cleave and intermittent AoE, as well as Mythic+ dungeons.

The ā€œDance of Deathā€ Build

With enough Critical Strike rating and Dance of Death Icon Dance of Death Traits on your gear, the ā€œCrit Buildā€ becomes viable. This is the endgame Beast Mastery Hunter option and should be the goal for all aspiring Beast Mastery Hunters for both Raiding and Mythic+. To make it viable, you need at least some of these to be true:

• Having very high Critical Strike Rating.
  • Having 2 or 3 Dance of Death Icon Dance of Death Azerite Traits, which cause Barbed Shot to have a chance to give you a large Agility proc.
  • Using the One with the Pack Icon One with the Pack (OWTP) Talent, which vastly increases the amount of Wild Call Icon Wild Call procs (Barbed Shot Cooldown Resets) that you will get.

Note that even if you meet the basic requirements for this build, it is not certain that it is better for you.

To sim the OWTP Build for yourself, use the Raidbots Top Gear function and select both Chimera Shot and One with the Pack in the talent box. As for Traits, Dance of Death Icon Dance of Death, Unstable Flames Icon Unstable Flames and anything that improves your Crit is worth checking.

Actually I think KC is better than Aspect - I run an AC/KC spec and itā€™s definitely better for me. You need 3 dance of death and very high crit rate for it to work well, at least 38% or better.

If you donā€™t set your Sims to work off of a Raid Dummy but leave it on the Patchwork setting, please donā€™t come here complaining about numbers differenceā€¦you will never sim the same on a practice dummy as you do running the sim on Patchwork. Also, set it for Light Movement and take those numbers as well.

It already says that.

Oh okay iā€™ve never really used simcraft so thats all new to me. i changed the settings as you suggested and it sims out a lot closer to my current dps. sims at 27k and i pull a consistant 22-23k which i believe is acceptable for a macro or is that still sort of low?

You have Aspect as the talent of choice - Iā€™m speaking about an AC/KC build which uses Killer Cobraā€¦ Not quite the same :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s pretty close - you may be able to tweak here and there and get closer but anything around 85% and above is pretty good.

I have only just resubbed last night. So let me get a feel for 8.3 and I will follow soon with an update. Please be patient. Also thank you for your comments and feedback so far to this macro. Any questions or suggestions you want me to work on in the next macro update post them below and I will try my best.

4 Likes

hi guys, i am back with my hunter to 8.3 and i am completly new to wow lazy macros. :smiley:

I have 2 Questions i cant play the ā€œdance buildā€ because i lack gear. Wich Build should i use and wich macro?

i would love to try this, it reminds me of burning crusade :smiley:

1 Like

OK, Iā€™ve searched all over and not found what ā€œa very high Critical Strike Ratingā€ meansā€¦

Hey and thanks for taking the time and posting. Please try out Elfyau 8.2 macro is your starting out on a hunter. im sure this will work very well for you.

This means that your characters critical strike % should be 40% or more. Thanks for taking the time and posting.

Just to let you guys know i have updated the first post with a updated version of my macro for 8.3 so far. I will be working on this even more as the patch goes on. But for now at least you will have something to use till i tweak it more as i get more gear.

2 Likes