BM Raiding - ST and AOE [High Performance]

but I don’t see macro update do you have to post it yet?

Hi all,
Pretty consistently getting the best results with these tweaks. Keeps dire beasts up during aoe and kill commanding (Which is what I was noticing it was skipping more so in AOE than ST) Nothing will be perfect, But im generally ending M+ anywhere between 3.5-3.8k (currently at 194) and considering BM is certainly not S tier if anything quite the opposite im pretty happy with that.
All credit has to go the the author.

My AOE Tweaks
/cast Kill Command
/cast Barbed Shot
/castsequence Multi-Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot

My ST Tweaks
/cast Kill Command
/cast Barbed Shot
/castsequence Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Cobra Shot

I dont play with any cooldowns pressed, Dont think its ideal popping BW when mobs are almost dead etc.

Also found running it at 200ms is actually benefiting. I noticed at faster speeds it was skipping alot. Hope this helps someone out!

That is the update I will post later today.

That is what I think, at the current time we just don’t have enough haste to do much. Blizzard needs to implement a better focus regeneration.

@WayneTrain_21335 What’s your haste at? I tryed playing with your modifications on a training dummy but it seems that im almost always sitting at cap for my focus. I may just have to adjust my ms accordingly though to get it to fire off stuff a little quicker with it being at 200ms. heres my stats btw.

ok to know kill shot where you insert it in macro?

@yellowbandit13 Currently have 450 haste unbuffed. So food buff, trinket and weapon (when it procs) probably gives me quite alot more.

Just did a dungeon and finished top overall even with a dk/Boomie with better gear.

One thing I have started doing is manually spamming kill command aswell. So I have my hold down button for the macro on my mouse and then pressing kill command just to make sure it’s going off.

Not the ultimate solution but I’ve noticed a huge improvement.

Kill Shot is in the Pre Marco, it’s in the perfect spot. It can’t really be adjusted into the main sequence without changing the Inner Loop and the Priority set. That one was a bugger for me to work out, figured out that the only way to get it work was to change the Inner Loop limit to 1 and do a different priority set.

Yea the haste issues are one of the problems. From what I am reading it’s basically 2 Cobra Shots to One Kill Command. So you could create a sequence that would allow for this, but would be hard with a 6 second window.

The issue is focus regeneration right now.

As for others stating they are at focused cap, that might be a bug with AHK because with my Corsair keyboard, I’m more focus starved.

Let’s do the math, because this is where the problem is.

Kill Command uses 35 focus (60 with Animal Companion).

Barbed Shot uses no focus but generates 20 focus. Not enough for a Kill Command.

Cobra Shot uses 35 focus as well.

If you don’t consider BW, you are using 140 focus with my macro when you only have 120 focus.

Currently we don’t have enough haste to regain the focus any faster. So if you take away one Cobra Shot you have used up 105. You’re left with 15 focus, still not enough to cast a second Kill Command after 6 seconds.

You have a choice either cast a 3rd Cobra Shot, or do Auto Shot until you get enough focus to perform another Kill Command or wait until Barbed Shot comes off cool down.

The original macro I did is correct, you are not going to get a second Kill Command unless you have enough haste to regain the focus.

It doesn’t matter if you use my macro or others, this is going to be a problem until we reach the haste numbers.

2 Likes

And to what @Moonsorow so excellently explained there is no soft/hard cap to Haste…right now.

1 Like

Hey, thx for the macro i have 2 questions:

1. How much haste is needed, do u know that ?

2. A few post before this you talked about and update have you done this yet ?

Btw very nice macro

Cheers Moorph

1 - Running Torghast, getting it to about 650 haste will make you cast a second Kill Command twice, as the focus has improved. Another update might be to add in Chimara Shot, as it now generates 10 focus per target it hits. With haste it might give the advantage, but One with the Pack is still a better talent overall.

2 - I did not post an update because there was no point to post it. It’s because the haste / focus regain would not of matter. The original post that I put is still the best one.

Speaking with some people on WoWHead and Discord. Here is the current issues with Beast Mastery.

• Cobra Shot uses up too much Focus (45 Focus, 35 Focus at Rank 2), whereas Arcane Shot does Arcane damage but at 15% less cost (30 Focus). This would allow a second Kill Command. But what is the damage of Arcane Shot versus Cobra Shot. According to WoWHead, Arcane Shot does 15% more damage than Cobra Shot, at less focus cost. This is the sure fire way to include more Kill Commands.

• Animal Companion damage has been reduced by 35% and that includes your base pet too. Killer Instinct is a good talent, but if using Arcane Shot instead of Cobra Shot, Killer Instinct becomes less desirable. If this is true, which it looks like it is, Dire Beast would make a comeback which increases your haste by 5%, this might be enough to get out more Kill Commands.

• Bloodshed has issues and only works with your main pet. It does do damage, but at 35% less damage if you have Animal Companion talented.

• Regarding DPS logs, BM Hunters are currently in the C Tier if you include Bloodshed and Animal Companion. But if you do not include that, and go with Dire Beat talent, the spec goes in the B Tier. Currently Beast Mastery Hunters are ranked Number 17.

Hi @Moonsorow
Really appreciate you being so active on here. I think at this stage we just leave it now until we all get more haste and discuss from there. Ive just spent the last hour at the dummy, changed a few things round and this is the absolute best I could get. It still fires one Cobra shot off were it could be firing a kill command but its 1 in every 4 I believe. Again, This is dummy standing still, No food/flask or trinkets.

Will run a few mythics today and report back. Ive slowed it down to 200ms (using AHK) felt any quicker and it was skipping over KC at stages.

d8Zucaqyv9maVurXBvkTnvQhRWmvu58OuZwP60q5MqQFrQUne9Ce7uf7vSBs2VK(PsKHPKACaXavuAOaLblvdhuDqLKVQiXXKY5uKAHGKLcsTyu0Yr1drH6PuTmjwNIGjcctfQMmOmDIlIcURsXLPCDszJksARkrTzfvTDvs9rLqZcL8zfr9DfH(MkjVginALGPbjNuL4wkICniCpui)gPJdI(lq1Pf8CAXHcn4qV6cexolc(KaF1smKtj4XX)DtjK4LwPuAL4R0KfO84OPufHY50jgFrNHLnobJQYPCdChh9R0(9lkX4xBkbJQcuXH2EylP2zhMXHWM)12LCAXzqnpLpmgtrc)LNj2oMWoqf3HBJlqKtbbq8PypOR04pj4rIJ(hC6YgNGrvKGNtl450IRpEIu7L2vL1RZPexF8eP2bqTUCNdqC9XteIbPMPgwTdGAD5MvTxUrbWQ2l3OaIJZXuGAslmJphLcFomKys8wCWOeb9p40GNtlU(4jsTJaaarls8zm2GXncj450IRlpFYMykdj7AFRIUWZrUP23cZEyBYPexhUjpHGrKCaIRpEIu7BNfUjSGzpSn1(0GuYbvC9XteIbPMPgwTVfjf2e(DHvTp7qJtO8n1o3iMWObfjZxQ9AVbYv3tdcRAVHafqK44CmfOMucZ4UyWNQMAiyuvC3GuZuc2VhhmUH(hCAWZPfxF8eP2raaGOfj(mgBOTD7jwWJejsKija - AOE

d4Zvcaqyv9sfI3QOABOQNHWmvi9yPA2QKZROCtO0ViLVPG60aTtLAVIDlX(LYDvPmmLWVrAGkIgkezWsA4qXbreZcvCmsoNcvlesAPQuzXOslhLhQa1tPSmvSofKMiKyQaMmIA6exurQNd6YuDDs1gvqSviQnRiz7is9rfHVQa6Zkq(oIKBdvEnKQrRqzAqvNuj6wkaxtjDpvQ6VqOXbPCCi4Ocq2QyOIfX7izjkl3tG4aq0aY(eGya)LxeySJ6CoQtms0LXOSyyP0cKYyusfBcBAKDgeKwY(WtWhd7x0)RLfXzK2lciTeuJH97mkYodcslWaKTkazRIP1FO0Qh1WNflY(etR)qPvjWV4WNnrmT(dfOJGUx6ERsGFXHNtRUYZJxXPvx55XRIbWalO7IkCJnkLIzuqCGsmvmKOqb73z0aKTkMw)HsRUsqSQIeBeFgsmhcdq2QyAYZgKlEXXnRvNxOJ9mC3A15K9N8TSpX0W4YdHGqjBIyA9hkT68jX4chY(t(wRooANSXhtR)qb6iO7LU3QZXrjp0)s40Qt21zqk7wRYCOl33P44(sR2Qk0gMFC040QQv8erIbWalO7YjCJzIJzi6LUaslXmhbDViG)vmKyo2VZObiBvmT(dLwDLGyvfj2i(S78l)HEaIejsmu8PE9ljBvmKFg4Z9YHbismdJ3xIs2NvIyd0F0jrN9Waej20LPOSUpykomV8CbVaLzb1irsa - ST

Sorry I’m new to using these macros, so please forgive if the question has been asked and answered previously… but I’m still only getting up one barbed shot up at a time. Am I missing something?

Nope your not missing anything, this is one of the problems currently not just with the macro but in game generally speaking

Hi Everybody,

Merry Christmas. I wanted to say I tested Arcane Shots instead of Cobra Shots in the macro and the damage goes way up. No point to do Cobra Shots currently, it does lower the cool down of Kill Command but I think you can get 3-4 Arcane Shots in the window instead of 2 Cobra Shots. I’m still working on the sequence itself.

Have a safe and wonderful Christmas.

1 Like

1 - Cobra Shot does MORE damage ( 73.7% of your AP vs Arcane that does 57%)

2 - It lowers the CD of Kill Command

3 - Cobra Shot is Physical Damage vs Arcane Damage

4 - Cobra Shot is 35 Focus vs 40 Focus for Arcane Shot - thus making it a struggle to keep focus up during longer fights…like an current raid bosses.

5 - The damage gained by more Kill Commands over the course of a boss fight makes Cobra Shot a no brainer.

6 - a five minute session on a practice dummy will not completely show this.

1 Like

As for the uptime of only one Barbed Shot, the spell has a 12 sec recharge, and a 8 sec duration…