CURRENT - New Macros for Christmas!

Something has changed again.

There was a change in the game that caused certain macro logic to work where it didn’t before. I took advantage of that with these new macros.

Now something has changed again and the logic is off. Since these are internal changes to the game itself I don’t have any specific knowledge about the intended design or whether things will change again in a week.

I will continue to work on the macros and find ways to eek out the best DPS possible.

Gween

Thanks to u a lot u have been a great help as always really appreciated

Hey Gween I am using the NoModsBM macro and have a problem.
My pet is not cured :frowning:
and maybe you have an AOE macro?

Gween, thanks again for your continued work on this macro. Currently leveling with the GweenBM one and its working great.

Curious, you mention increased DPS going from 100->125 and then to 150 ms. Have you tried any higher and noticed continued improvement? I wonder where the sweet spot is!

What Leggos do you all use for the BM (Cobra) Macro? Sephuz and Ka Pla or both rings?

Hi Gween!

TL;DR Everything is great but my logs consistantly show a big problem with usage of dire beast poorly matched with Bestial Wrath. In all the logs I’ve checked on wow analyzer (not that many I just started raiding) this bar is very low and red where everything else is better. Here is a recent analysis

I have been using your macros and it’s been very nice and I want to thank you for the work you put in. I have not tried your latest here but will do so.

I feel that the manual priority system of the BM with all the cooldown-reducing procs and focus generation/spendage shenanigans with relics and gear makes it quite uncomfortable to hit all the keys on all cooldowns. I feel playing BM right now is like playing whack-a-mole with a constantly changing rythm. Perhaps I will get used to it if I stop using the macro all together and just bash them buttons. But as it stands now I just prefer to use the macro for the rotation. I’ve taken Bestial Wrath and AotW out of the macro because I prefer to hit it manually (perhaps this causes problems?)

My question(s): Will I have to trigger Dire Beast manually to avoid losing the DPS by hitting it too close to BW coming off cooldown? Can I just remove the dire beast lines from the macro and have everything else work as good or will it screw the logic up? Is there any way for you to add saving the /cast Dire Beast until BW is hit if BW is within 3 secs to come off CD or is it already in the new macro perhaps (The macro seems magic enough as is so I’m sorry if this is a completely unreasonable request :D)

Hope you have a great year!

I have not tested any changes after the christmas post. But doing some testing and comparing my damage on the dummy and % by spell to what the sim tells me I ought to be is really, really close…

Cobra shot is 22.3% of my damage vs. sim 21.3
Kill Command (main pet) is 14.9 vs. 17.2
Bestial Ferocity is 6.6 vs. 6.4
Dire Beast is 12.5 vs. 13.9

This is unflasked, no food, no potion, etc… Meaning that with those buffs (which the sim assumes I have) my damage and crits would be different and likely make it even closer. In my book this is about as close as I would ever expect to being perfect. In 5 min on the dummy, i did sustained 1.55M dps at ilevel 951 vs. a sim of 1.7M. In raid, it would be higher as my crits would be higher with food and flask. I ran AMOC manually. Damn good work.

I run AMOC on the first two fights of the new raid only. All others I use volley. I’m running at 100 repeater speed (dps is very similar at 120 or 150 although spell distribution is a little different at each speed). I feel like since the proportion of damage is so close, the difference is in the damage per spell (which in looking at the logs, it is). Can’t control crit… they will fluctuate. I run boots and parsel’s tongue.

Looking at my buff uptime, Parsel’s is 99%, bestial wrath is 52%. dire beast is 33% which is right at sim or a little better…

Thanks Gween.

@Gween Can you make as good macros for MM as you do BM? These macros are awesome, thanks for all your work.

@gween I’ve had the same problem with my macro which was just a regular sequence. They changed something major.

Looking into it on my end as well.

Why am I so oft sitting with full focus? Can I add somethimg or do something to counter that? I just got the legendary chest,should i just spend some focus on cobra shots?

I hve gone with boots and Chest for the time being, but had to let go of 4 tier 21 set…

Hey Gween I wanted to pop in an say Thanks for all of your hard work. I recognize the effort that you put into your work and that I use your work and that I appreciate it.

• Edit: had to change post due to not originally noticing that it was a priority and not a sequential macro -

Questions regarding cast sequence part of the nomods macro:

"/castsequence Dire Beast, Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Titan's Thunder",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot",

If I understand cast priority + sequence correctly,

the
"/castsequence Dire Beast, Dire Beast",

is redundant. Every time it casts one it will move to the other which is the same spell, every time it fails to cast it will stay on that spell. The first spell in every cycle will be dire beast so there is no need to have it 2x

so are the repeating

Sauce: Home · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

Thanks for all of your help Gween! Your macros have really helped me and my son bring up our DPS! I am in agreement that something must be off but I don’t know macro or in-game logic.

Looking forward to any updated changes with your new macros. In the meantime, I will play around with what you provided to see if I can find a macro which is consistent.

Gween is it ok to post here a macro based on one of yours macro and logic ?

@Tsukou yeah im sure it would be

using “NoModsBM” and getting great numbers

Once again thanks Gween

Logs

Hi Gwen,

thx a lot for the great work and all the explains of why you do what.

i tested a lot around your NoModsBM macro, it works well. i was sumtimes a little bit short on focis, but not that dramatic. i tried out to use belt then instead of my two rings, but the ring to replace a legendary is too bad…

one thing what i didnt know yet for sure is to use in myth enviroment AMOTC for pure single target bosses like the first one. we have killed him this week so i can´t check that. next id i would start with voley, bot IF i want to go back to AMOTC in some situations, how to i do that. okay first deleting the /cast !volley, but where should i insert the AMOTC line ???

[quote quote=56758]using “NoModsBM” and getting great numbers
Once again thanks Gween
Logs
[/quote]

Wow, if i compare that to my logs, there is a big different… how did you do the autofire? with a keyboard/mouse/programm??

My Logs arent that nice than yours…

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/zuluhed/iznotwo

Have you any Ideas what i can Improve my char Bowdiddley? You have more crit and haste at the first look…

[quote quote=56654]I am using the NoModsBM macro and have a problem.
My pet is not cured ???[/quote]

Working as designed.

If desired you can add a line like the following at the bottom of the macro:

/castsequence [nogroup] Kill Command, Revive Pet

3 solutions here. One is to simply stop the macro and manually use Multi-Shot and Dire Beast, since those are the relevant AOE spells. Two is to keep the macro going and manually insert Multi-Shot as desired. Three is a separate macro that contains only the following lines:

/castsequence reset=0.5 Dire Beast, Titan’s Thunder
/cast Multi-Shot

If you need the full macro:

Sequences['GweenMulti'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Gweenn@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3111332",
  Default=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Intimidation",
        "/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Binding Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Growl",
        "/cast Lightforged Augment Rune",
        "/cast Repurposed Fel Focuser",