Cym's Cymhancement

[quote quote=65387]

Sadly the 3 button macro isn’t firing aswell as this one, it’s mainly because they’re not really updated to current spec and rotation imo. They where made with Legion legendaries in mind.

? I’m 351 and i’m getting 10.5 sustained 5min with the 3 button, about 1k higher than the single button macro. I’ll have to play around with it again, soon, because I like cym’s main macro, and I’m wanting to combine it with my other two buttons for some svelte play style. It’s just been hectic with rl and raids and I haven’t been able to sit down and tweak everything out yet.
Are you sure you don’t have PvP talents on when testing your damage? I got around 50% parse with your 3 button macro when trying it in normal uldir, and I got a few solid 98% with Cym’s. I haven’t tried your new 3 button macros out though, do you mind givig me them? Would love to make a new test and compare.[/quote] I kind of feel like you're trolling me, at this point?

I would say you’re not optimized. For me, the first step is to sim, then to take that data and try to get the same damage percentages per ability. Raidbots actaully has me siming at 12.5 in a perfect world, my original 3 button setup had me at 10.5 on a target dummy, running Cym’s single button had me at 9.5ish, and running Cym’s with my two button pushed me up to 11.5, that’s just 1k off of my sim stats, which is pretty damn good, and which is why I switched to Cym’s more optimized main macro. As a single button it still under performs on SS procs, but with the added macros it works out, for me at least. You’re free to play how you like, I"m just reporting my data so we can maybe get 100 percent or better optimization, and if you’ve a problem with that? Sorry?

You could always use one of the mod keys for it, with this xpac frostbrand is still rather lackluster as an ability we’d want in our rotation, but blizzard did cook in a lot of use for slows this go around outside of pvp.

[quote quote=65408]

is there one where we can use frostbrnd or that spell not worth using

Are we also talking single target Raid test dummy? I am now averaging 8.8k over 5 mins completely unbuffed and NOT using Heroism. Sitting at 351.4 ilvl. In raid I am top or close to top with this build and 95% or better on wowlogs. So getting 10.5k seems a bit off or testing under different circumstances.
I would say you’re not optimized. For me, the first step is to sim, then to take that data and try to get the same damage percentages per ability. Raidbots actaully has me siming at 12.5 in a perfect world, my original 3 button setup had me at 10.5 on a target dummy, running Cym’s single button had me at 9.5ish, and running Cym’s with my two button pushed me up to 11.5, that’s just 1k off of my sim stats, which is pretty damn good, and which is why I switched to Cym’s more optimized main macro. As a single button it still under performs on SS procs, but with the added macros it works out, for me at least. You’re free to play how you like, I”m just reporting my data so we can maybe get 100 percent or better optimization, and if you’ve a problem with that? Sorry?[/quote] Ya, I do need more testing on my end. I am just trying to find that missing link. I have tried many combos and many macros so far. Quick sims show I should be at 11,236 DPS. I will try your two button with Cyms 3rd is that is what you are saying?

so ST macro, Flame, Cyms?

I use my Stormstrike as 1st priority, Cym’s main macro as 2nd priority, and Flametongue as 3rd, in my macros I’ve also got Earthen Spike cooked into Stormstrike, and I’ve got Sundering added to Flametongue, for the purpose of hitting those abilities as soon as possible as they come off cd, but not so soon to preceed a Stormstrike proc. All the mod keys are also baked in all macros, so as to never miss or delay a mod action as it is needed. With my orginal set up I was 4 percent higher on rock biter, and 4.9 percent lower on lava lash damage, as optimized by raidbots simulations, and after using Cym’s macro my Lavalash is 8.0 (raidbots says it should be 8.9) and my rb’s at 4.4 (raidbots says it should be 5.5) Stormstrike mh is 17.5 (raidbots is 17.9) and Stormsrike oh is at 8.3 (raidbots lists at 8.9) so it is very near optimization. Additionally, both searing assault and flametongue are equal to simulation results.

This is great info. Thanks! I am testing this now. What did you find to be the optimal delay on the macro?

I set mine to my ingame lag plus 10, so 82 for me.

[quote quote=65403]

Sadly the 3 button macro isn’t firing aswell as this one, it’s mainly because they’re not really updated to current spec and rotation imo. They where made with Legion legendaries in mind.

? I’m 351 and i’m getting 10.5 sustained 5min with the 3 button, about 1k higher than the single button macro. I’ll have to play around with it again, soon, because I like cym’s main macro, and I’m wanting to combine it with my other two buttons for some svelte play style. It’s just been hectic with rl and raids and I haven’t been able to sit down and tweak everything out yet.
Are you sure you don’t have PvP talents on when testing your damage? I got around 50% parse with your 3 button macro when trying it in normal uldir, and I got a few solid 98% with Cym’s. I haven’t tried your new 3 button macros out though, do you mind givig me them? Would love to make a new test and compare.
I kind of feel like you’re trolling me, at this point?[/quote]

Really, that’s your answer? Saying i’m a troll because i’m stating out that your macro’s are giving lot worse parses. I’d say you’re acting out of emotions… I’m asking you again, do you mind posting your updated macros, as i said before, I might use OUTDATED versions?

I’m very well aware of what optimaztion means, min-maxing is what keeps me playing this game. I’m currently 3/8m uldir with 364 equipped and 98+ parses on almost every boss in heroic. You can’t compare dummy damage at all to current sims, since pvp scaling is activated at the dummy zone which is a big mistake from Blizzards side. I use dummies instead to compare different macros to my “play by hand” rotations, which is the most fair use since the dummy zone is currently not working as intended.

i said and stand by it, my macros are already posted, you can’t take the time to research on your own or look for what is right in front of you, or even look in the thread where they are posted, then why don’t you google it.

So I went into LFR and tested against Zek’Voz since that is basically a single target fight in LRF. I did it completely unbuffed and compared it to Optimized results from AMR. with Zero buffs, AMR thinks I should be at 9,019 DPS. I ended up at 10.8k DPS. Here are my results vs the Sim (in the parentheses are mine):
Stormstrike
17.0% (18.6)
Stormstrike Off-Hand
8.4% (9.3)
Auto Attack
15.2% (14.3)
Lava Lash
8.7% (5.6)

Flametongue
1.2% (1.1)
Flametongue Attack
4.5% (4.5)
Searing Assault Tick
4.3% (4.1)
Windfury Attack
6.9% (6.8)
Rockbiter
6.4% (7)
Sundering
5.2% (5.7)
Earthen Spike
2.6% (2.5)

As you can see they are pretty close. The only one a bit of is the LL. I did find myself with a bit of Maelstrom being wasted and wondered if I could have burned a bit on the LL. Since GCDs are so valuable, I didn’t manually do one for the sake of testing. It also could have been the extra procs for ST.

Anyway…I think I am pretty close. I will continue to tweak these settings. Thanks for your help so far.

Are you using Cym’s latest macro? I think it’s on page 2 or 3? He made a change to Lava that significantly improved it’s usage and damage without being a stain of Maelstrom. With the newest (also the one I modified and posted on page 4 for ES) I routinely get around 8 to 9 percent tot damage on LavaLash for long, extended fights.

But overall good numbers! I think we’re just about there to being the most optimized macro in the Xpac again! Enhancement leads the way!

and of course, praise to Cym for banging out the guts of the thing, good work Cym!

[quote quote=65554]Are you using Cym’s latest macro? I think it’s on page 2 or 3? He made a change to Lava that significantly improved it’s usage and damage without being a stain of Maelstrom. With the newest (also the one I modified and posted on page 4 for ES) I routinely get around 8 to 9 percent tot damage on LavaLash for long, extended fights.
But overall good numbers! I think we’re just about there to being the most optimized macro in the Xpac again! Enhancement leads the way!
and of course, praise to Cym for banging out the guts of the thing, good work Cym![/quote]

This is what that one does. You and I have both modified it and moved Sundering and Earthen Spike out. I did replace the Earthen Spike with a ST. Other than that, this is what I use. I am guessing that I am just getting more procs on ST which lessens the amount of LL. I have also added a modifier for LL and have a weakaura that pops when I have over 75 Maelstrom. All in all I like the direction and feel it is fairly optimized. I will trade more ST procs for less LL anyday :slight_smile:

“/cast Sundering”, (moved to ST macro)
“/cast Earthen Spike”, (moved to FLAME macro and replaced with ST)
“/cast Feral Spirit”,
“/cast Flametongue”,
“/cast Stormstrike”,
“/cast Stormstrike”,
“/cast Flametongue”,
“/cast Lava Lash”,
“/cast Rockbiter”,
“/cast Stormstrike”,
“/cast Stormstrike”,
“/cast Stormstrike”,

From Mythic Taloc, 84 parse overall 95% parse for ilvl, all the percents on damage look spot on with the exception to lava, it’s a percent or so behind, but ss is also quite a few percent ahead, and I’ll take ss over ll’s anyday :smiley:
Stormstrike
25.37%903.3k 84 10.8k 168 5.4k 17.3% - -
Melee
14.81%527.1k 262 2.0k 216 2.4k 29.2% - 17.56%
Windfury Attack
9.31%331.5k - - 126 2.6k 28.6% - -
Lava Lash
6.87%244.7k 41 6.0k 41 6.0k 22.0% - -
Flametongue
6.14%218.7k 34 6.4k 583 375.2 22.5% - -
Rockbiter
6.05%215.3k 53 4.1k 53 4.1k 20.8% - -
Fathom Fall
5.32%189.5k - - 48 3.9k 29.2% - -
Searing Assault
4.84%172.5k - - 91 1.9k 17.6% 39.53% -
Sundering
4.27%151.9k 9 16.9k 7 21.7k 14.3% - -
Laser Matrix
3.18%113.2k - - 27 4.2k 29.6% - -
Lightning Shield
3.11%110.8k - - 144 769.4 22.2% - -
Earthen Spike
2.75%97.8k 17 5.8k 17 5.8k 11.8% 34.07% -
Feral Spirit
2.11%75.2k 3 25.1k 84 895.1 22.6% - -
Gutripper
1.95%69.5k - - 31 2.2k 35.5% - 3.13%
Rezan’s Fury
1.93%68.8k - - 12 (36) 1.8k (1.3k) 16.7% (25.0%) 22.54% -
Heed My Call
1.28%45.6k - - 9 5.1k 11.1% - -
Heed My Call
0.66%23.4k - - 9 2.6k 33.3% - -
Lightning Bolt
0.02%754.0 1 754.0 1 754.0 - - -
Lightning Shield
0.01%

Hi Tstone,

any chance you could list all your updated macros (3?).
As of now, unless i missed something i am trying to reproduce your setup spread across 2 threads and multiple thread pages :wink:

3 key combo key toggled set at personal latency plus 10
1st priority
dCZacaWsvsVfsBtLYSfv3uv1VOk3gP2PI2R0Ufz)e9tvIggLQFtyGuGgQkvdMKHtr6GQsoMcNJcYcbflvvQfRkA5K6Huq9uHLbXZHAIuOMQkMmvA6OUifWJrCzLUov1gvjSvkK2mL02bL6WaptvzAuk3fjNgKVrjgnOACIYjPIETQW1aLCEkQptrCCkeRJkCh905OrCU89FCE78Qb6ePNghq(MyCJpeeKXaPHXRvGFo35OXpGOfgD1yirc3tNJE6C0WJaWSuHse0pbmLunS8DZwNin8iamlvOeb9tatjvJSm7zgQZVgEeaMLkuIG(jGPKQxyYMCbjY2i410l8tegsKAeRr83edbYBC0qPhlpkmnUUMVRxmUNohn8yG2KL30sBwQqtc4annfQ7cCP6ePHhbGzPcLw46adhYktjvx4RnlvcRs1liDNFn8iamlvO0cxhy4qwzkPAKLz3I9oT1WJaWSuHslCDqyDoLuHy323TrNWQHhbGzPcLw46aKZus1iZsMfBLBC0qPhlJuyACDn)EZxaE7PCJ769hq0IEk34UaZ)aIw0t5YLB8YNHl0n(HyS)J1Ggw7JHRHCnzBeMUeNg3jYTVgojIuJg)GKpi3zIxnS3edjsfMYLBbSTORMSTRIKE
Talents 3222112

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.10.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Bloodlust, Crash Lightning, Healing Surge

Main Sequence: Stormstrike, Earthen Spike

2nd priority
d4JQcaGEvO6LQO8wi61Qi9ycxgPdR0SvvUnv6MuHFjvFdsNguTtI2Ry3kSFuDwvq(RkO(nvnqvigkI0Grz4QO6GKGhUsPJbCCviTqvQwQkqlMez5QYdru9ujldH1rszIiIPsQMmjz6uUOkPEouptrxhcBKKQ2Qku2mjQTtsLVQcywQi(SkrtJugPkjJtknAeLHPQ6KQeg2kfxJk68Kq3fuoNuSnqoGOhjiL86dCyYpKJRuqs(1Kejr0tPVF0HHtnjaaWKifjuLxeFwKGu15uXfKejb0mLcimY8Vux9T3EZL03T38oIc4JJyqt5yfp)XOpmC)ah9ibrpsqQUyXgNbAqjaArsKQlwSXzG22)2MiNP6IfBCMtGZ5msTuDXInod0mrBGI0zQUyXgNbqNqArcLQlwSXza0jKwKOP6IfBCgOzI2afzBQUyXgNb9d(Nr2KQlwSXzGMjAluKG)uDXInodGoH0Ieas1fl24ma6eslsarQUyXgNbqNqAPoJQ4bPF0ftJESuLrpx9igcdUFKQOhfbDyW3VuK6XMJv88rpwQZOks6JIXrpsqQUTVlPgDqDvKZqo8KTpxyivrxvWIKivxSyJZqo8cVRsRDcNn8UEedJQ6eoB4v2)CHXzeqAoJCMQlwSXziD9QudtgCLnyCgOT9h9psTuDXInodPRxLAc79bJZi(1MqGiDMQlwSXziD9QuB)myCgOfTfvlsOuDXInodPW7Q0AW4mciIg0yP0FWhNsnqUNs)bFCk1iY9uK(OowXZh9yPi37Q0A5ESyPCSde73fdJ(uhDyW9JCpwSeaNEW_CYMHANCED
Talents 3211132

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.10.

Macro Version 1

KeyPress: Berserking, Ghost Wolf, Bloodlust, Crash Lightning, Healing Surge

Main Sequence: Rockbiter, Lava Lash, Flametongue, Stormstrike, Feral Spirit, Sundering, Earthen Spike

3rd priority
dGJdcaWsQOERqTnvvMPIsZwi3eq)srUnuTtLAVKDJy)kmmvr)gPbcL0qvfgSunCQihKQ4XsCmjDovLwiKwQQKfRQy5s5HuH8ukldINlQjQOyQanzbnDuxekLdd6YQCDrSrvvTvQqTzQkBNkWZa4ZQsnnQuNwjJKkOVbfJwaVMk5KkQURiDnOeNNQ06eOXrv1XHs1QkqTRY(pRhGytBebkdegDeoldasTIaar2mNpyseRDvM50vMpJ2i)aidiS0Oo(A5fLKfO2vbQDv2ubM5rpUqX)a50rV(faMV)0gr2ubM5rpUqX)a50rV(fds1TmW2I464QqL5Wdgkuz7R4sOYqViwOYETiVRcv2dAMbclnQaflZ5Z7Rl6G5tGIL9ArEJiuzoFEF0UCwGAxLnXW27JpYH7D0Jj0aWgEAC4bdt1gr2ubM5rpgNggmhy5Jth9)jnVJo13O7z10gGSPcmZJEmonmyoWYhNo6v)(FI5P2ULnvGzE0JXPHblClkD0rE6gWVQ2yr2ubM5rpgNggegXPJE1pg)yClwMXNt)tifErjYSd7jhHxWizGTfX1Xicv2J2bewAubkwMJO4FGSqflwMNeoaTjd4IZjUoS6HeMSiYMxOezYacjjWO5e(Ao4i8IseQyXsaFLAME
Talents 3211232

Macro Version 1

KeyPress: Bloodlust, Crash Lightning, Healing Surge

Main Sequence: Sundering, Flametongue

But its 3 diffence talents :open_mouth: - but what one shall i use ?

What ever you need. There are different talents for different situations.

Works perfect on trial 110, gonna make new shammy with this macros.
Only 1 question: Is it necessary to put all macros on 1 2 3 buttons? Or it is possible on any?

I personally made it to prove that 3 macros were not needed to run as the Stormstrike proc was never free and has always been on the GCD. That was the aim of it so personally i only use 1 button for it. However if you use 3 and get a better performance from it the do use that as well :slight_smile:

I changed the order and priorities a bit. Flame macro is now on key 1, Stormstrike on key2, and cym’s key3. I played with priories, and sequence. On cym’s macro I’ve kept it at sequence because setting it to priority reduces the dps by 10 percent, it’s weird. It shouldn’t, but it does. Flamestrike and Stormstirke macros I’ve set to priority, with feral spirits, and sunder baked in as priorities above flamestrike or Stormstrike. I noticed a big improvement in burst dps by doing that. The only gripe I have atm is rockbiter, and maelstrom. I’m playing around with loops trying to get a few more rockbiters into each encounter and I’m still working on it. Oh, and I’m now using FS over shatter, I’ve been having more fun with the slightly higher burst of FS and the ms regeneration of having them be able to pop earlier.
On mythic Taloc I ranked 104th for Oct 4th as enhancement shaman
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9zc4h7AMZqR6Kp2D#fight=2&type=damage-done
Overall, these macros are working nicely.