[Does Not Work] TBC Classic - Leavaris BM Hunter [June 6 2021]

Sorry tried to make this all 1 post, but because I’m limited to 1 sceenshot at a time had to break it up into 3:

I did however notice that this dump works and the first value is the ranged attack speed
dump_unitRangeDamage

Is this happening because the API in the beta is different than the live Burning Crusade classic? How do I make this work in the live client. I’m on the right track if I can find the ranged attack speed but we would need to modify the argument so it only returns the first value?

haven’t tried on live (prepatch)
everything Ive done was via the current beta patch
I haven’t bothered to try on live due to not having steady shot

1 Like

I think I almost got it on live right now though. /dump UnitRangedDamage(“Player”)

Returns:

• rangedAttackSpeed - Current speed of the unit’s ranged attack (attacks per second), or 0 if no ranged weapon is equipped (number)
  • minDamage - The minimum base damage per attack (number)
  • maxDamage - The maximum base damage per attack (number)
  • physicalBonusPos - Positive modifiers to ranged weapon damage (number)
  • physicalBonusNeg - Negative modifiers to ranged weapon damage (number)
  • percent - Factor by which damage output is multiplied due to buffs/debuffs (number)

just have to figure out a way to make this only return the very first argument which corresponds to ranged attack speed. My lua skills are terrible do you know how you would do this?

There could also be 0 value in me doing this. If the beta build will be the same as the actual TBC release on June 1st then your variable should work as is?

2 Likes

im hoping on beta now to make sure its still working and to check the most recent /dump

edit
returning an error now on beta, however still seems to function
ill test more tonight

3 Likes

Best case scenario UnitRangeSpeed(“Player”) just works correctly in TBC when it launches next Tuesday. I was under the impression that since we were on pre-patch and even the wow classic TBC launcher shows you “The burning crusade” branding everywhere that we were on the same client and they were just going to open the portal and raise the level caps etc. when it launched on June 1st. I did not expect API changes on June 1st, but maybe I was wrong all along.

1 Like

Leavaris how are you getting around this in your logic? The developer of GSE said a while back ago that these variable are only evaluated out of combat not in combat unfortunately.

Here’s the link https://wowlazymacros.com/t/macro-variables/16557

2 Likes

Yep - when I’m combat your mods and macros only have access to simple math and table reading functions if you want your mod to cast spells etc. WoW’s api is locked into look but don’t touch mode so all api calls have to be evaluated out of combat.

2 Likes

Also TBC Classic is Retails API minus a bunch of stuff. It’s not TBC’s old api.

2 Likes

Effectively making it impossible to read your ranged attack speed while in combat? Think this means there really isn’t a way to recreate this macro. I mean in all honesty people were saying it didn’t work the way you thought it did in OG TBC and that haste was clipping autos back then anyway only people didnt really notice or care

1 Like

interesting.
guess thats something I would of found out on june 1st when it failed to work in use haha
my testing was based around a dumy in shat and when I tested rapid fire and lust they were popped just as I began, likly a second before combat started.

this makes me sad haha

Yeah in any case this would retrieve the ranged attack speed we were after. This is printing the output though. I’m sure you could capture it some other way, but the limitation of being able to read that stuff in combat I believe is tied to the game client. So without doing some things against TOS I don’t think it be possible lol: /run local i = select(1,UnitRangedDamage(“player”)); print(i);

2 Likes

The OP macro still seems like it will work, just will give sub-par results because it won’t adjust to haste procs (IAotH, drums, lust). For the pause method to work, it would need to adjust in real time.

Is there any way to abuse castsequence with /stopattack and /startattack? I kjnow those exact slash commands can’t go in a castsequence, but the ideal would be something that synthesizes Steady → start → stop then repeat.

1 Like

With what purpose though? Trying to read attack speed values to adjust on the fly? You are still in combat if you stop attacking. Only thing that would work is feign death with a pet recall to get you out of combat but you can’t keep doing that anytime you get a haste proc. Apparently if you want the true 1 button class that doesn’t require mods or macros roll warlock. Shadow bolts for days!

Otherwise get a real good weapon swing timer and get ready to feel like you are constantly playing rock band with the rythm.

Also to follow-up on my print statement. Could potentially make a weak aura to display different icons at different speeds so you can spam a macro for each speed rating. But if you are managing all that you may as well just do it the regular way with the swing timer lol

can you put the talents?

how will the kill command work with the macro.

macro is simple right. keep auto attack on, fire steady shot and fire of kill command?

Kill Command isnt on the GCD so it attempts to use it after every click, if its proced, it goes off

1 Like

do we not use serpent sting any more? just auto, steady and kil command?

i am confused. please advise i am soon to be 62.

serpent sting is too mana intensive for the dmg return

I cant get the pause to work. It just spams steady shot (I replaced with my character name). So I tried this:
/click pause 10
that should make it do one steady shot and pause 10 seconds right? But I just get steady shot spam. I also tried setting the variable to 10. I also set the milliseconds in options to 100 and my ahk script to 100ms. Not sure what im doing wrong.

UnitRangedSpeed no longer works, it dumps nothing