Macro Variables

Ok just added in a new feature that will be part of the 2.6 release. It is a game changer to a degree. You can create custom variables on a macro base that can be used to substitute . EG you could have a set of options like [nochanelling,blah,blah,blah] you could set a variable called say 'MOD" and replace that list with ~~MOD~~ There is a ~~GCD~~ that comes out of the box and replaces with your OOC GCD. /click pause ~~GCD~~ for example. A variable can also be a function as long as it returns a value. eg: function() return getcooldown(somespell) end

Full Detail (including Screenshots): https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequencer-Enhanced/issues/691

3 Likes

i am very interested in this. going to check it out.

Just to be aware though these are not dynamic. They are evaluated while you are out of combat. If a proc ups your haste temporarily, this won’t be reflected in the GCD variable. If you change gear out of combat though, this will be reflected.

Note the MOD variable and how its used in the macro
For the other two lines - this is what they output.

2 Likes

Love it, can’t wait to try it. Been waiting for it LOL :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t think I understood what is variable in the addon I don’t even see it inserted and I downloaded the new version what would it do in practice for example me playing hunter bm?

call it like a Type of “language” abbreviation but with “rights”

u can use fewer words and time on doing your macros

BUT the thing here you are able now to see the timestamp running of the gcd in chat window ( and not in the debug window of GSE )

cheers

@serpione You wont see it till Prepatch hits.

I am trying to think of how to use this for my classic hunters burst macro. I lost it in the update and now i need to rebuild it. but I’m thinking of how to put in the aimed shot cd time so if i spam it I don’t clip my autoshots. The one i had working popped my earthstrike and rapid fire and then aimed shot multi shot. It was really good at deleting people lol