[Does Not Work] TBC Classic - Leavaris BM Hunter [June 6 2021]

Thank you!
Out of curiosity do you have an older classic one we can use before TBC? for up to lvl 60.

Cheers

The rotation is wrong tho, it should be steady auto multi rins and reapet ofc kill command.

this macros not about rotation, but to be blunt, in TBC a hunters rotation is super simple. a 1:1 ratio of Steady Shot : Auto Shot

SS - DPS Loss
Arcane Shot - situation/used if you are moving or to remove an effect.
Aimed Shot - in PVE is a DPS loss and primarily used in PVP for its healing reduction debuff
Multi - is situational and IMO doesn’t belong in any macro, you will pull other mobs. Nor does CDs such as rapid fire/BW (and on a personal note, I dislike modifiers, so rarely use them in any of my macros.)

Kill command, is a proc and does not trigger GCD, this macro fires it flawlessly and on CD/Proc and also does not effect the rest of the macros timing.

however this is a test version of the original TBC one button hunter macro that if anything was used besides it, even manual rotation, it was lower DPS. This is me trying to use GSE to recreate that macro as, for reasons in previous posts, the original macro does not work in current tbc beta (not to be confused with prepatch)

below is the original TBC macro from 14 years ago
Lets break it down a bit:
#showtooltip Steady Shot
This shows the ability icon “Steady Shot” as the macro icon.
theres no need fore this GSE handle this automatically

/run UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
used to hide the text errors (example trying to cast something thats on CD)
GSE can do this aswell

/castsequence reset=2.03 Steady Shot, !Auto Shot
the main macro, Steady Shot and auto shot. the reset=X.XX I explained further up in another post as to why this is the function that does not work in current wow clients/API

/use [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
your KC part of the macro. remember its not on GCD

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
re-enabled the error text and clears it if any are currently displayed
GSE can do this aswell

its highest priority is to NOT clip your auto shots with Steady Shot and fire KC on CD/Proc

1 Like

A variation of the TBC-theorycrafted 1:1.5, the French rotation uses the difference in GCD and cast time of Multi-Shot and Arcane Shot to pack more casts into a short space of time than for eWS ranging from 2.8 -> 1.8. It diverges from 1:1.5 in that it repeats twice and then is followed by 1:1 to allow multi to come off of CD.

auto - steady - multi
auto - steady
auto - steady - arcane
auto - steady
auto - steady

This will be BM and SV’s bread and butter rotations when not under any haste effects beyond quiver and BM haste.

so like easy way to making it is to put modifers alt, ctrl, shift for this spells.

The average person playing will not even get a 1:1 correct. Most cant import a macro right :stuck_out_tongue:
Weather your post is right or wrong is irrelevant. anyone sweaty enough to push every millisecond like that wont be using GSE.

Im confident enough in saying that so few, if any, will pull off your posted rotation without clipping correctly that I would put a 1:1 vs it any day.

While the above is very interesting, no one is going to manually noclip inside of a 0.05 and 0.15 s window consistently. This is little more then theory crafting and will be nowhere near TBCs “bread and butter”

I have already stated I dont use modifiers in my macros. Feel free to use them in any of yours.

2 Likes

Just asking, but why is steady shot there?

I just boosted a lvl 58 hunter, and dont have steady shot. Should i use this still or what ?

This is for TBC.
Steady shot is at level 62
This macro wont be of any use until your level 62+ after June 1st

1 Like

So do you know if there’s a prepatch version that can help me level ?

So how would you change the macro? Can you post one w/ MS in it so we can try both and see for ourselves?

i am so afraid.

1. no macro with bestail wrath.
  2. bo macro with kill command.
    i dont know how to put them in.

Hey bud so this is what I’m seeing not sure if its correct when I test:

I don’t think this is right. Folllowup posts with more screenshots incoming.

I was trying to dump the values just in chat and it isn’t working there either:
dump_test

Sorry tried to make this all 1 post, but because I’m limited to 1 sceenshot at a time had to break it up into 3:

I did however notice that this dump works and the first value is the ranged attack speed
dump_unitRangeDamage

Is this happening because the API in the beta is different than the live Burning Crusade classic? How do I make this work in the live client. I’m on the right track if I can find the ranged attack speed but we would need to modify the argument so it only returns the first value?

haven’t tried on live (prepatch)
everything Ive done was via the current beta patch
I haven’t bothered to try on live due to not having steady shot

1 Like

I think I almost got it on live right now though. /dump UnitRangedDamage(“Player”)

Returns:

• rangedAttackSpeed - Current speed of the unit’s ranged attack (attacks per second), or 0 if no ranged weapon is equipped (number)
  • minDamage - The minimum base damage per attack (number)
  • maxDamage - The maximum base damage per attack (number)
  • physicalBonusPos - Positive modifiers to ranged weapon damage (number)
  • physicalBonusNeg - Negative modifiers to ranged weapon damage (number)
  • percent - Factor by which damage output is multiplied due to buffs/debuffs (number)

just have to figure out a way to make this only return the very first argument which corresponds to ranged attack speed. My lua skills are terrible do you know how you would do this?

There could also be 0 value in me doing this. If the beta build will be the same as the actual TBC release on June 1st then your variable should work as is?

2 Likes

im hoping on beta now to make sure its still working and to check the most recent /dump

edit
returning an error now on beta, however still seems to function
ill test more tonight

3 Likes

Best case scenario UnitRangeSpeed(“Player”) just works correctly in TBC when it launches next Tuesday. I was under the impression that since we were on pre-patch and even the wow classic TBC launcher shows you “The burning crusade” branding everywhere that we were on the same client and they were just going to open the portal and raise the level caps etc. when it launched on June 1st. I did not expect API changes on June 1st, but maybe I was wrong all along.

1 Like

Leavaris how are you getting around this in your logic? The developer of GSE said a while back ago that these variable are only evaluated out of combat not in combat unfortunately.

Here’s the link https://wowlazymacros.com/t/macro-variables/16557

2 Likes

Yep - when I’m combat your mods and macros only have access to simple math and table reading functions if you want your mod to cast spells etc. WoW’s api is locked into look but don’t touch mode so all api calls have to be evaluated out of combat.

2 Likes

Also TBC Classic is Retails API minus a bunch of stuff. It’s not TBC’s old api.

2 Likes