GSE Cycling but not casting

I did what you said Timothy, and it still is oddly behaving. It will sometimes cast, and then sometimes just sit idle. The icon is not a “?” so there is no odd skill/spell that the macro can’t detect what it is. I’ve no idea why it’s hanging up like that.

Now you need to fix your macro. DF has MANY changes and many of your abilities are now talents that you may not necessarily know anymore.

That did it for me!

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

I have tried everything you have suggested but it doesn’t work, Cycling but not casting

I have same issue. nothing fixed from above

I even disable all addons deleted the setting from WTF folder and even deleted the addon and install it again and deleted the macros from /macro, then rewrite my macros and didnt start.

I even reset wow options to default and still this issue i think a core addon issue.

IF you are having issues with GSE on Dragonflight:

1 - Make sure you are running GSE 3.1.13
2 - Go to /macro
3 - Delete everything in /macro
4 - Log out
5 - Login
6 - Open GSE
All your macros should be a blue book. If not go back to step 2
7 - select templates and choose Create Icon to change to a ?
8 - Logout
9 - Login
10 - Use Macro

IF that still doesnt work

• Go to /macro and look at the macro stubs. If they are 255/255 then they have been truncated and wont fire. Delete the macro stub - go to /gse and rename the template with a shorter name
  • Check your keybindings - In GSE’s options on the on the Macro Reset tab there are two buttons: “Clear Keybindings” and “Update Macro Stubs” Blizzard reset everyones keybindings and setup somethings in the UI that you may not have thought to look at.

This is me - on the right is my compiled template showing the macro i am running on button 2 of my action bar. On the left is the Details Streamer plugin showing those events firing. I am using GSE 3.1.13

TLDR: If it’s broken it is something at your end. Fix it or not. I cant fix it for you.

1 Like

ok i cant edit folks macros if read only, and still getting cycle spells the older macros work fine ! im lost your fix didnt do it sry

the addon installer is telling me it might be corrupt

I’ve tried all the solutions/work arounds in this thread and nothing has fixed my issue.
I’ve tried a reinstall of GSE, deleting all GSE saved variables.
I’ve also tried running no addons except GSE and I get the same result…the macro cycles, but nothing fires. It doesn’t even target a mob or cast any buffs that would fire out of combat.

1 Like

I have the same problem, done everything stated before, and nothing work. 15h ago everything was fine. They have done something this night.

1 Like

I tried this nothing made it work even check my Keybinds in interface and unbind them all just incase wow change something still not working

I have done everything you write several times but nothing gets better. I became a member of your patreon.com and tried to find a solution there but I can’t find anything. It would be good to know if there is or will be a solution to the problem, I have always appreciated GSE and hope it will be resolved

1 Like

Well, guess I will try to be patient on this…Ive tried everything in this post…no fix has worked. Super frustrating. Im not blaming anyone…just being disabled and always having this available to me has made WoW enjoyable…not having it is upsetting, but Im not program savy enough to figure it out on my own…Ive reset, uninstalled, deleted WTF’s, and even sacrificed a chicken (KFC) and nothing is working…

I tried to go back to the regular rotation setup…but my vision/hand-eye/and keyboard muscle memory is craptastic. I hope eventually it will work out…

Thanks to all the modders and macro creators for all the hard work!! just hope it works for me soon…

1 Like

** OK so i might have found the issue or at least what the issue was for me (GSE-3.1.13) **

What did i do /what happened?
so i was fiddling with my interface and drag dropping skills so
I changed from “cast on Button press” to “cast on release” with the
wow console command:
/console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1

1 turns it on cast on Button press and 0 at the end will turn it off
1 for cast on Button press makes GSE work for me
0 for cast on Button release does not

The macro will cycle, but not cast.

I had to use the

I had to use “/console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1” on every character as my setting didn’t seem to be global.

Can anyone confirm this is the same issue for them ?

9 Likes

you’re a God amongst mens. That have fixed the problem I have thanks a lot

You are a freaking stud, THIS IS the real answer and fix

Me luv you long time :wink: thx bro

I can just confirm that this fix solved for me as well.
Thank you
Best Regards

OMG…Its like a whole new game!! If I wasn’t already married…TY SO MUCH!

This worked for me as well to at least get the macro casting again, but the modifiers aren’t working still. Any thoughts?

edit: I discovered that any time I reload the UI it resets the console command and I have to redo it.

1 Like

Make sure the modifiers are not being used in Blizzard keybinds by default, they had changed a bunch of them with the pre-patch