Havoc Reborn

Please forgive my ignorance as I am new to this. When you advise that the macro should be used at 30ms, what are you implying? Does this mean I should not use this as a manual key-press to cycle my abilities based on the macro? Any explanation would be appreciated. Thank you, for everything!

Pretty much. There is nothing wrong with tapping the key at your own speed, but you might be late on some abilities when they come off cooldown. If thatā€™s okay for you, donā€™t sweat it.

But, if you want to use your keyboard, mouse, or a program like AutoHotKey to repeat a key when you hold it down, then I recommend doing so at 30ms.

I didnā€™t have much luck with this macro last night, I canā€™t place where the hangup is honestly though. It stops alot and auto attacks take priority in dps. Skada shows my top dps ability as auto attack. It gets worse when I put on the head leggo. It works the best for me with the back and the ring leggos, but still hangs the same. Other worse geared DHs in raid had their top dps ability as Chaos strike, and I was much lower than they were in dps. So imo it doesnt use Chaos Strike nearly enough, and seems to run low on Fury at times. Only right over ilvl 230 right now, but that shouldnt effect Chaos Strike anyway.

Youā€™re probably experiencing a lock up with Immolation Aura. About a day ago it started popping up for me and one other user, while everyone else was fine. Youā€™re the second to mention it.

Try another talent in that row and let me know how it works out.

Thanks for the quick response Enix! I have a few follow up questions, now that Iā€™m getting into the meat of these macros. With your Macro, I am also experiencing the hang-ups with large empty spaces where I only auto attack. Changing from Immo Aura to something else in that row helps, but does not completely dissolve the problem. I feel like it is leaving me starved for Fury and NOT using Demonā€™s Bite to fill those gaps. For reference, I am averaging about 2.1k with your macro as is, 2.4k with swapping Immo aura to something else, and about 3k with another macro Iā€™m working with that I am editing myself. The macro Iā€™m working on is more spammy, but I do not run out of Fury, and I am doing consistently more damage. So the short version is, Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong.

Here is the macro Iā€™ve been editing:
d4dwcaGEjqVusPDjjSnPQFtYmfeEmrZgKdd1nvc)IGVPuERsANizVQ2nv7hv)uqYFfuzCiLtd0qLunyugUu4Gkrhvc4yioNaluczPckTybPwUqpuqXtHSmk9CsnrqvtLIMSePPRyDsu(mOCzrxxQSrjuBfuzZseBxqvFuq0SOW0i03LKAKskEMs1OLsVwIQtkj64sqxtk68a6UaCBKQHjj5tU5PihvZs4cvychCKkODk7npQMeQbeOx(rTZ0qxMGq1QQHWfeiDSmQ0viv0fkrf7ORfoYedL(OpIStiwl5i4ZsWDqZPihHAKYkH)un32oAz30QIhvuiasvGJwGLrfCzudQC9npf5MNICKGeRhoB1vYwS7jeOddaNzBslWw1PShjiX6HZwDLSf7Ecb6WaWzeA0edco1(rcsSE0zHDPltoB1vYwS7jeOdZaaNrcOvfz3GZi92TardoJ0B3cen4msV1kUBWzKERvC3GZi92TardoJ0B3cepL4rcsSE0zHDPltoB1vYwS7jeOddaNr6TwXDdoJ0B3cepvZJeKy9WzRUs2IDpHaDya4mcTMe7(r1v6zbwgv38ZrOjBuCNlhqLFu9iOkcoapQ2eyytOeRZB(5O6XCbwgv38uKJe60jNTg6XlJaGZczmXtg5m4J40bLC2syGqGdqoRyiSU8phvBcSEm16BEkYrcdoclN0t6a5Svx1IJ0n4SstCPa(85ZrlWEhgQsFYy4tFav(l6ZNFa

[quote quote=62336]Thanks for the quick response Enix! I have a few follow up questions, now that Iā€™m getting into the meat of these macros. With your Macro, I am also experiencing the hang-ups with large empty spaces where I only auto attack. Changing from Immo Aura to something else in that row helps, but does not completely dissolve the problem. I feel like it is leaving me starved for Fury and NOT using Demonā€™s Bite to fill those gaps. For reference, I am averaging about 2.1k with your macro as is, 2.4k with swapping Immo aura to something else, and about 3k with another macro Iā€™m working with that I am editing myself. The macro Iā€™m working on is more spammy, but I do not run out of Fury, and I am doing consistently more damage. So the short version is, Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong.
Here is the macro Iā€™ve been editing: [/quote]

Are you sure? Youā€™re using Moftiā€™s core macro with some changes. You will still have the issues with his design, namely Eye Beam will lock out that entire castsequence until it comes off cooldown, the second castsequence will lock if youā€™re unlucky enough to spend your last fury with that Chaos Strike, and you are depending on Immolation Aura for extra Fury and to get the macro moving again.

If mineā€™s locking up on you, itā€™s something else in the way. Make sure you have the latest one. Donā€™t merge it, delete what you have of mine and import the one in the OP as brand new.

Iā€™ll do some new testing with a clean import. But so far, the edited has not locked up on extended testing. But again, I am very new to this and defer to your experience. Thanks for everything! Iā€™ll update shortly.

Okay, so, I ran the following tests on the Imprisoned Forgefiend in the Demon Hunter class hall. I deleted all macros I had stored in GSE and did a fresh install of the addon. I then imported Enixā€™s macro, and rewrote the one I am editing from originally (you stated this was first created by Mufti). Each test was run 3 times, in 3 minute durations, with same buffs and cooldowns available, with manual key spamming. Metamorphasis was not used in any situation. My current iLvl is 210, with the raid finder 2-Set bonus ("Eye Beam damage increased by 40%).

Here are the results:

Enix Macro with Immolation Aura, flask, and rune buffs: 1.41k dps, 1.50k dps, and 1.46k dps (Burst for all was around 2k)

Enix Macro with Insatiable Hunger, flask and rune buffs: 1.20k dps, 1.18k dps, 1.11k dps (Burst for all was around 1.6k consistently)

New Macro with Immolation Aura, flask and rune buffs: 1.89k dps, 2.01k dps, 1.96k dps (Burst here varied from 2.2k to 2.7k at the top end)

Ultimately, I feel like your macro is smoother Enix, but those windows where it starves on Fury are brutal, and I can watch the DPS fall off. I feel like Iā€™m missing something, but I cannot figure out what it is. I will say that with a clean install it seemed to solve the Immolation Aura hang up.

It is also worth noting that I am not attempting to say that either macro is better or worse, I am merely trying to find the discrepancy in the output of the 2. Both are well written and above my pay grade when it comes to coding.

I sincerely appreciate all the time you guys put into writing these, and thank you for sharing them.

Enix, let me know your thoughts and we can continue working on them!

Thanks
BLyNQ

[quote quote=62352]
Enix, let me know your thoughts[/quote]

OH! Youā€™re manually tapping! Yes, then the problem is that my Demonā€™s Bite isnā€™t coming fast enough for you. Itā€™s too far down in the macro.

Do you have a keyboard, mouse, or access to software that you can set up to repeat the macro for you? If you can, set it to 30ms and tell me if that helps.

If not, can you tell me about when the macro starves? I might be able to fix it.

If not, or if you want to maintain a manual macro, you could post it too. More macros means more varieties and better overall choice. Iā€™m happy either way.

No I get the same results that Blynq gets. And I am using a kb that is set to press at 30ms like you recommend. It does not help, its not so much that it hangs, I see it using Im Aura, but it does not anywhere close use everything when it is supposed to. Not enough Demonā€™s bite to get fury and def not enough Chaos Strikes at all. It really sits for a few seconds every 10 seconds it seems and just auto attacks. On top of that, obviously when the rotation does start it will not have any fury built up anyway, so unless you manually use Demonā€™s Bite to build fury the rotation wont do anything at first. I dont know if a premacro can add Demon;s Bite to build initial Fury but just a thought. That still wont solve the issue of running out of Fury and not using Chaos Strikes more though. Of course it may be global CDs potentially causing the issue idk, but something is off, but Attack shouldnt be my top dps ability.

Youā€™re right, and something is wrong.

If Immolation Aura is hanging, itā€™s hanging after the animation starts. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m seeing, where after IA fires, even though I have a ton of Fury, nothing but auto attacks happen.

Even if thatā€™s not what you are seeing, something else is getting stuck. But, itā€™s only getting stuck for some of us, not everyone. Iā€™m one of them, and I made the damn thing.

Iā€™ll look at this more tomorrow.

Im trying your macro outā€¦ Im getting issues as others doesā€¦ marco kept hanging. went to auto attack when that happens. so I noticed 2 spells that are ones causing hangā€¦ its Chaos Strike alone. I removed immolation aura and added to separate button.

so I think from what your macro shows, too much chaos strike so maybe remove few of those out?

Edit:
I changed and fixed the issues with chaos strike. I removed most of it along with keypress because I have mouse with buttons. can you take a look at this?

dm03caalsLBPqXUuj9lbgguvhtrltsEgPyAKKRbvY2uj(gj14GQCos06uOY)Gk1avr0bjLwirLhQI0evfDrvHnsumsb5KqfRKOQxQIQzsu6MsODkP(PcLgQeSuvfpf0ujyRQQASQO8wvj3vvP9I8xvkdgvhgyXsKhJYKvL6YuTzvQ(mPQrtOtl0Rvvz2q52ky3I(TsdxfoUcz5u8CknDPUor2Ue13jHXRIW5fuRxHQ2pKPjjq1tc(4SBH0(FSNEt7Z)ARp9XtQUIeiyih7alM)iOy3h2XfeOyvGbgF4baZS2RSDi4(AKgSb9EezbIGYlBmgV0AYackaW8STeCQzI7Q5KGALAX1qWhNyeWetG4jl4gpxS3oblcsjagoz7MYE2Xnj5i4t)oqcRP6jbd5yhe8Xz3cbkVSBAFxgKm)ns(psjIdAexd(dweFniUcrq7LDdIRyn)Si(91G4HxPRi5)7PE)UegI)XBJd6azCme)JKveXz7qPfXveBrexRScxrYx0BWWAoexB0I42gKVJPEepMi(bgG5iUIylI4Wq4iJWvccpCgopPACPwnbXHTjbjyraZS)DJnUPLeO6jjq1tcgWa226JK8K5i(RCzIGmDSyQxhBhkb6Vi(ep8uPujvxrWagW2wFKKNmhXFLlteKPJft96y7qjq)fXNkXd)PgDi(8sLALQOAnemGbST1hj5jZr8x5Yebz6yXuVo2ouc0Fr8PAL4Jl16q85Lk1kvr1QiyadyBRpsYtMJ4VYLjcY0XIP(Vi(8svLkn6q85LQkvAi45E4poMdSojqnbLD3dzJdXMGeSWA7IaMzjbQjiS9dzKswh3KGfmX1e7WeuWeZFEpj5iOGjM)8UIKJGfmEraZSKa1e8CpCbJBTKa1utn1utea

Okay, guys.

I spent a lot of time last night and this morning trying to nail down a fix. I trained on the dummy in full DPS gear, tank gear, with runes and buffs and also without, used a bunch of old leveling gear and even did a bunch of runs naked. I ran dungeons, did WQs, and put myself into every scenario I could think of. This is what I found.

First, Immolation Aura hanging after it fires is something I can recreate in-game using only native WoW macros. Even doing a simple macro that fires IA and then Chaos Strike, separately and not in sequence, with Demonā€™s Bite on its own key to generate any fury I might need, will simply not register Chaos Strike sometimes. It was rare, but it happened. The same thing happened if I paired it with any other spell.

The fix? Iā€™ve reordered my macro and added in some lines so that it is now a hybrid of my older ā€œability spamā€ macro and my new ā€œadvancedā€ macro. In addition to gaining some DPS, it seems that having the redundant lines allowed whatever IA is doing to the macro to be made up for by continuing on with a duplicate set of commands it didnā€™t blacklist. I have to point out that using IA is still a clear DPS gain and fixing the macro for it is a better option than not using it at all. And, while I couldnā€™t find a specific bug report for IA, I did see multiple reports about macro hangs in this pre-patch associated with a few classes with new spells, and so Iā€™m confident that it will be fixed, eventually.

Secondly, for those that said they were starving earlier, I figure this has to do with your haste. Iā€™ve placed Demonā€™s Bite earlier in the macro in order to both not be blacklisted by IA, but also be available earlier for low haste characters. This greatly smoothed out my macro for me when I was in quest gear and naked, so Iā€™m sure you will benefit, too.

The only users I am not sure if what I did will help at all are you manual macro tappers. While it worked well enough for me, spamming at a higher rate is definitely recommended.

At any rate, let me know what you think. The OP has been updated, so replace whatever you have with this macro.

I tried it. Still hangs for me On IA. Spammed at 30ms

At this point, there is nothing further I can do. If you are experiencing locks after IA, you might have to choose another talent in that tier until it gets fixed in-game.

I take it back. Iā€™ve re-added my old SPAM MACRO to the bottom of the OP. Itā€™s not as good, but it can get around the IA bug for now.

EnixLHQ I edited my post, can you check to see if it works for you? I have no issues now after I fixed it. My DH is just fresh 110. followed your talents as well.

I imported your macro, but all that was in it was:

/castsequence [nochanneling,combat] Blade Dance
/castsequence [nochanneling,combat] Eye Beam, Chaos Strike
/castsequence [nochanneling,combat] Chaos Nova, Chaos Strike
/castsequence [nochanneling] Demon's Bite, Demon's Bite

Nothing else.

yes because I fixed it and removed most of it. I put IA as separate hotkey (I use mouse button). You can add keypress back that you prefer. My dps went through roof with this.

Long day at work, so Iā€™m just getting back to this. Iā€™ll run some more tests when I have time and post my results again. Enix makes a good point though, this is all subject to change as balance tweaks and bug fixes happen, and what we experience may be out of our control at the moment.

I just want to say thank you again to all the content creators here for not only posting, but also supporting their work. Keep it up!

Thanks everyone!
BLyNQ

The majority of your DPS will be from Demonā€™s Bite. Itā€™s the only skill thatā€™s not being locked out by a cooldown.

When you have a castsequence that entire line is at the mercy of whatever cooldowns are in it. Eye Beam and Chaos Nova both have cooldowns, so you will get one Chaos Strike each, and then no more for the next 30 seconds, and then only one more until the next 10 seconds after that.

Youā€™re spiking, and then for you, Demonā€™s Bite is making up for the rest of your damage. That means youā€™re also constantly Fury capped.

Iā€™m doing less than 2.0k within 40 seconds using your macro. Iā€™m simmed to do 3.5k at 300 seconds. My macro puts me at 3.6k after 5 minutes.

Head over to either RaidBots or AskMrRobot and give yourself a sim. Whatever it spits out by default should be the DPS you do when fully raid buffed and under Bloodlust, so youā€™ll have to play with the options to simulate your testing environment. My above numbers were just Augment Rune and the default debuff DHs give a target.