Lewin MM Shadowlands Single and Aoe Macro's. Updated 12/25/20

that would be appreciated. aoe hits my sim numbers but ST falls short. its good but could be improved a bit. But i wouldnt know where to begin. Im messing with it a bit ill let you know if i see anything

The problem is the true shot rotation. It’s hard to get a one button that would work for both. Honestly the best way to do it would be a separate opener macro. I will try to figure out a work around with it when I have time.

1 Like

Im ok with a separate opener macro What would that look like?

1 Like

Can you explain, because I haven’t had any issues with Trueshot from your macro or others. Look at how John did his macro, I’ll work on something tomorrow that combines a lot.

Link me the macro your talking about.

Updated the macro. getting around 5% more dps. Added Version #4 with no Wild Spirits.

4 Likes

Good job! But need some corrections, Misdirection in rotation is a DPS loss. It should be used with modifier or excluded for manual use, only when it needed.

Its weird how it works, it’s not on the GCD but it won’t always pop. For BM it fires right off every time and its not on the Gcd. Probably the safest thing is to just take it out for now.

Nothing weird, MM plays without pet and Tank is variable, not constant. So you can’t put it to rotation macros as independent macro looks like:
#showtooltip Misdirection
/stopcasting
/cast [@focus,exists][@mouseover,help][@pet,exists][@target] Misdirection
It should go to @cursor or @focus or pet if it exists or your target. In target we have Mobs not Tank, @cursor not useful as you use mouse pointer on enemy nameplates to switch targets for priority mobs and cast kicks, even Wild Spirits interfere as you will miss-place it when cursor on mobs nameplates for switching. So for good results always Misdirection and Wild Spirits should go to modifier (if you like real one button) but better to separate button and you’ll use it whenever it needed. On top of it is that you need misdirection right away and you can not wait for long cast, you or your party member are in trouble and agro should be redirected immediately with long cast broke. Wild Spirits also should be excluded as you never want it be fired at the end of pack lives. And mostly you saving it for big nasty pack pull or Boss to get the most profit from it.

1 Like

What ms is this being run at?

100-150ms will be fine!

Do you have a simple and aoe stable and efficient macro target?

because i can’t make it work

ive seen you ask this a few times. Can you explain more what you mean/looking for? We can better help you.

@lewin I did some testing this week and everything runs pretty smooth except for volley. with just pressing the button like you do it seems to not cast volley off cool down. i will eventually cast it but for some reason it waits a long time. any idea why? is it waiting for double tap to come off cool down maybe? any help would be appreciated. I know youre busy. Im afraid that if i take volley out and manually cast it on cool down im afraid it will break any timings you had set (if any) what if i set it the priority to sequential ?

Honestly i just threw Volly into the macro and have not tested much. I Really set it up for Single Target Raiding. When i get time next week i will look over Volly more and see if there is a better spot for it.

@lewin all people searching boss opener macro , can you do it please ?

@lewin so i just added it to post macro and premacro and with button spam it fires more. not exactly off cd but much more often. I also switched positions with double tap first. going double tap into volley into a rapid strike is nutty. and a good jumping off point for an opener even focused single target as a lot of the times theres at least 2 mobs anyway. and doesnt hurt true single target at all

Some casts waiting long due to their position in the macro. Macro is priority, so everything in the middle will wait a wile, everything in the bottom will fire rarely. Higher string in macro - higher ability use. Also our cast are long and macro not interrupt long casts to push top one.

I just reworked the normal one to help with open dps.

1 Like

Volley is hard to get to work right for the macro. i tried more today. I personally don’t use it.