Macro help for a bad hand, WoD 6.03

So I hurt my hand a while ago, and though I have most of the use back in my hand, it isn’t what it used to be. Before the injury I was a top level raider, performing as feral dps and off-tank for my raid. Since I came back my hand seems to really be slowing me down. The forums here have helped me make simple macros to help me get back to the performance I used to have. For instance, for guardian I’m pretty comfortable using the following:

guardian:

/castsequence [mod:shift] frenzied regeneration;reset=30 Cenarion Ward, savage defense, maul, maul, savage defense, maul, savage defense, maul
/castsequence reset=5/target lacerate, Thrash, Lacerate, Lacerate, pulverize
/castsequence reset=0 !mangle

I control the longer cool downs such as barkskin and survival instincts separately, but all bound to one button via a mod:shift etc macro. Then I macro berserk to be more of a survival cool down in and of it’s self using:

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Berserk
/cast Mangle
/cast Frenzied Regeneration

which I intend to include health stones/pots into to make it even more aggressive of a cool down button to press.

So far using those macros I haven’t had a problem tanking. I feel a bit soft in some instances or when there is a lot of magic, but my gear level is still pretty low.

What I need help with though is feral. My damage is just crap it seems. I know a cast sequence isn’t the best way to handle cat dps. There are too many random occurrences. Still I’m using the following:

/cast [nostealth, nocombat] Prowl
/castsequence [stealth] rake
/castsequence reset=target shred, Savage Roar, Shred, Shred, Shred, Rip, Rake, Shred, shred, Shred, Rake, Shred, Shred, Shred, Rip, Shred, Shred
/swapactionbar 1 2

/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, nomod, combat] Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/swapactionbar 2 1

and a tigers fury/berserk/berserk/Incarnation/trinkets macro to allow me to control tigers fury separately from the macro.

so I guess my question is this: Is there a way to break the cast sequence down to give me more control and hopefully higher dps? Somehow have shred and rake on one button so I can spam it, then my finishing moves on another? I’m even open to suggestions on making my guardian better too. I’m really playing at a disadvantage here and could use all the help I can get.

I’m really open to trying anything to get back in the game where I was, but my hand just isn’t what it used to be.

Thanks to anyone willing to even consider helping.

Have you checked out this set of feral macros?

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/6-0-3-gnome-sequencer-1-button-feral-and-guardian-modified/

Thanks for the response!

I’ve never looked at that particular set of macros before. I’ll take a look at it and see if I can use it.

I’ve never really used the gnome sequencer before, does it offer more control over a macro or does it just allow you to make longer macros?

The Gnome Sequencer add-on rocks.

There are a lot of examples here. Once you get the basics you can tune it to meet your specific requirements. I tweaked mine to maximum defensive cool-downs as a Guardian.

It allows you to code pre and post macro commands as well a long sets of commands. So in a sense it can be a longer macro. The real beauty of Gnome Sequencer is that it allows you to have macros the “old way”. If an ability is not ready it just skips to the next one, which in your case allows you to deal with procs. CastSequence in 6.X just sits there till the current spell/ability becomes available, which can be never if it is proc. That is why so many of us are loving Gnome Sequencer. For example I can mangle whenever it is up, rather than having a macro stop because it is on cool down.

Gnome Sequencer is not on Curse, but it is on Wow Interface:
Gnome Sequencer

Here are the steps to use Gnome Sequencer:

Download the add-on and unzip it to your add-on folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\interface\addons)
Copy the file ExampleSequences.lua to Sequences.lua and replace the sequences inside with the ones people paste here. As long as the first line is:
local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

then each sequence will begin like this:
Sequences[‘GST’] = {
and end with:
}
GST is the sequence name we will use in the macro editor.

Go into the macro editor with the /macro command
Make a new macro Named GST
Save it
It should populate it with the call to Gnome Sequencer.
Use your new macro of awesomeness. :slight_smile:

You have to /reload to pick up any changes to Sequences.lua so if you are editing it while in game remember to /reload to pick up the changes once you save the changes to the file.

It is not too hard, but you do have to ensure the format of the lua file is precise, otherwise it is straight forward once you get it going.

Though I’m getting an error for the cat portion of the code in your original post, gnome sequencers is really awesome and handles the healing touch procs really well.

Thanks again for you help.

I did not make the cat macro.

Paste what you have as a sequence and I will review it for syntax issues.

So these are the sequences I’m currently using. A few things I’ve noticed.

1.) I’m using glyph of savagery so I don’t have to keep track of savage roar. The savage roar glyph that gives a 5 combo point per rake locks up the macro. I’d like a way to reliably use the rake-roar macro and not lose roar later in the fight, but I’m not that macro clever apparently.

2.) GuardianST has a nice delay between using savage defense and frenzy regen by using the two lacerates to build rage (one of which could probably be a maul actually), but it doesn’t interrupt reapplying thrash in the cast sequence from what I can see. When I tried adding tiger’s fury to the FeralST sequence to delay it until low energy in the opener, the macro never casts tigers fury. I can’t figure out a way to delay it at the start of combat, but still have it activate every 30 seconds otherwise.

3.) the FeralAOE macro doesn’t seem ideal. One two targets it pulls down something like 9k in my gear. for comparison my ST macro rolls around 12k. It might just be that I’m out of touch with how I should be doing feral aoe theses days, but I’m open to suggestions.

4.) Is there some way to use rejuvenation in the cat macro like once per the entire rotation without breaking it? Casting it @targettarget every 12 seconds would allow for a little energy pooling to occur in the macro and to provide even more passive group support. As it is using the @targettarget for healing touch procs when I dps is working out really well. It would be nice to maximize that support and in turn my own survive-ability but again, I’m not very good at the macro thing yet.

other than that I need to make some interrupt macro for both feral and guardian and I think I’ll have all my bases covered.

Sequences[‘GuardianST’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [@player,nostance:1] Mark of the Wild,Bear Form(Shapeshift)
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast Wild Charge
]],
‘/cast !Mangle’,
‘/castsequence reset=target Lacerate,Thrash,Lacerate,Lacerate’,
‘/castsequence [mod:shift] Frenzied Regeneration; [mod:ctrl] Maul; reset=combat/8 Savage
Defense, Lacerate, Lacerate, Frenzied Regeneration’,
‘/cast Pulverize’,
‘/castsequence reset=30 cenarion ward’,
‘/cast !Mangle’,
[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat] Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Sequences[‘FeralST’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [@player,nostance:2] Mark of the Wild,Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
/castsequence reset=target !rake,null
/stopattack [stealth]
]],
‘/castsequence reset=10 Rake,Shred,shred,Shred,Shred,Rip,Rake,Shred,Shred,Ferocious Bite’,

[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@targettarget,combat] Healing Touch
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences[‘FeralAOE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [@player,nostance:2] Mark of the Wild,Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
/castsequence reset=target !rake,null
/stopattack [stealth]
]],
‘/castsequence reset=10 Thrash,Rake,swipe,swipe,Rip,Rake,thrash,Swipe,Ferocious Bite’,

[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@targettarget,combat] Healing Touch
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

You’ve been a huge help so far Mals, your suggestions so far have been really game changing. I really hope other people come across this thread and it helps them as much as it’s helped me.

Sorry for the slow reply.

I suspect it is just because you did not use the code tag it cut it off.

You seem to be missing:
PostMacro =

From the post macro in the Feral AOE.

For the AOE check out these guides:
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/feral/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns
and
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/feral-druid-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Using that as a guide you will come up with a decent macro.

I like what you done here, it shows initiative. :slight_smile: