Moon's WW with Strike of the Windlord and Chi Burst

Hello Moonsorow!

I currently play WW and I am swaping between your and Elfs (modified) macro to try and find a good middleground, now I’m not here to ask you to change yours around (well not alot) but I’m wondering how good we can make WW become in macro form, I because of the control scheme I use, really dislike mods and normally just remake the macro again, without mod keys.

Now the main issue is that with the Tier set 2 and 4 piece we kinda seems to change rotation a little no?

And since I currently have 2P (hopefully 4P before the end of the day) if you need a guinea pig to try out stuff, I’m more than happy to help (knowing that you have multiple other maacros you’re working on and you might not have time for all of them)

Hello @Tjacu

This depends on how long the buff lasts, if the buff is a short buff then we would need to re-create the rotation to fit the tier bonuses. If the buff lasts a long time, the standard rotation will work but like you mentioned we will have to add more to it like the RSKs.

Option 2 (long) is actually more difficult to work with because it causes a rotational issue for the macros.

I don’t have either, so I won’t know what to change just yet. My item level is 350, I’m hoping soon I can get a few items but I haven’t had time.

Its something to think about, and to develop, just don’t know how yet.

For ST the short fix is to replace the SCK with blackout kick in the macro since BOK is a filler when FoF and RSK are on CD

KeyPress
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Fists of Fury, Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick
KeyRelease

Follow by

KeyPress
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick
KeyRelease

For AoE, I am still testing since SCK require 2 chi and have no CD aka like BOK and with combo strike system, you don’t want to press SCK back to back

For AoE i was thinking

KeyPress
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Fists of Fury, Spinning Crane Kick, Blackout Kick
KeyRelease

Follow by

KeyPress
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Spinning Crane Kick, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick
KeyRelease

but it will just make 1 macro into 2 macro now but to make it into 1 macro is impossible :slight_smile:

i too have 2 pcs and will soon get 4 pc if i am lucky by next reset raid and vault reward

If u look at my above post, I already fix up the ST part but for AoE, it have to be another macro.

For now, I am manually pressing SCK after every FoF to get that 1 hit off the buff

We will have to see how it works. Are you using iCUE or another hardware emulation?

I have being using AHK 95ms since legion and worked good for me.

Ok - I’ll have to see how this works with hardware emulation, as sometimes it can be pretty random. Once I get some tier I’ll have to test it or if you can get a Corsair/Logitech/Razer keyboard with macro keys on the side that would be optimal.

Sadly I won’t be getting tier anytime soon, just too busy with work.

Screenshot_1
ilvl 390 with 2 pcs tier using mod macro (using your base macro and mod to be better) this is CoS 10
Screenshot_2

it’s pretty consistent :slight_smile: after some mod and move around the block

So the 2PC is 30 seconds, sorry someone somewhere said like 5 seconds, must be another buff, also I added a

/cast [@player,combat,nochanneling:Fists of Fury] Summon White Tiger Statue

Since fists of fury is broken by anything, while SCK isn’t (“(Fists of Fury, Chi Burst, Crackling Jade Lightning, Vivify, or another Spinning Crane Kick, which you cannot cast anyway while already channeling Spinning Crane Kick unless you use a specific macro to do so)” Taken from peak)
So any blocks that doesn’t contain those spells, I just added the Fists of Fury to :smiley:

My other change is to the ToD part… it’s a longer one.

/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead,combat,nochanneling:Fists of Fury][harm,nodead,combat,nochanneling:Fists of Fury] Touch of Death

Soo, used on target while I’m in combat and not channeling Fists, on my mouseover… or Current target :smiley:

The only issue I see is the White Tiger Statue, seeing it’s on a big CD and should only be used on big AOE packs or a boss. I would venture to say that including the White Tiger Statue in the main rotation macro is not a good idea seeing it as a long CD. It is possible though just not efficient.

The second one I would have to try. Seeing it as two spells in one cast, I don’t know how iCUE and others will handle this. I wrote the code for Synapse, so I know with Synapse it’s supporting a 1-to-1 (1 cast to 1 click).

Both of these tweaks might be for AHK. If that is, I don’t use AHK, and Blizzard is been banning players from using it. So be careful.

Probably true on the White tiger statue, but I’d argue I get more use of it being poped all the time, compared to forgetting it (I have a big issue with that)

And you also get into, what do I save it for, is the tank gonna pull big soon? Everything in a dungeon needs to die, the only times I feel like I waste it is when it’s placed just as something dies (and that could be sorted with a second macro or similar)

I’d argue that in a key having 15 ish statues are better than 10 optimal

White Tiger Status should not be in the macro at all.
As there are time u have to place it manually ahead of time just like some trink you pop it yourself rather than using the GSE trinket feature. Heck even Touch of Karma should not be cast auto by macro too. It’s both a Def CD and Offensive which you have to time it right to use it.

Yep exactly.

ToK I’m still on the fence about it, I keep it because a lot of healers in pugs don’t heal melee or only heal the tank. Pallies are known for this, and Evokers, well they don’t cast their AOE spells in an M+ they do in raids though.

It has to be used in an offensive manner but agreed that it is a def CD that should only be used in certain situations.

As for Tiger Statue, realistically because it’s a pulse spell, it benefits from haste. So you want to use it during BL. Monks do not want haste on gear, as it just doesn’t help us.

Hi, with other games keeping me busy, I did remove Statue, trinkets, karma from the macro, and ToD (Unsure about this one)

I also did the changes to the macro doesn’t use SCK (and I push this myself)

I macroes Statue with trinket (since I should pop them the same time anyway Windscar is just a moving statue after all) and I realised that one good statue drop is better than doing one all the time on CD :sweat_smile: So yeah…

Next I think I’m gonna duplicate the macro to use Spin instead of Blackout kick, so having one ST and one AoE version (cause of using the Azeron I really don’t use the MOD keys)

1 Like

Sounds good, keep me posted I’ll want to try it out and see if I can help in some improvements :slight_smile:

Also, I’m using a WA that does math on the fly to suggest the best spell to pop, and it’s doing the suggested most of the time :smiley:

https://wago.io/gtELvbixq

Even if it does more than that (I disabled all but the two things needed for the ability prio list)
Next I’m just after a better way to show when I should SCK outside of that WA (it’s a little small)

Yep, more than 4 target = SCK if not BOK can cleave 3 target and does more dmg but remember to press SCK on proc thou :slight_smile:

Yes, currently I have [ST Macro] [AoE Macro] [SCK] [ToD] [Interupt] [Statue] [Karma] for my kb, and my mouse I have a ton more (but those are utility more, legsweep/rop/hp pot/mounts… and soo on) (Love the mmo mice)

Pic for reference:
d9e07f97428a33bb39a5342c7152bc77

For now I’m after sorting out my weakauras, I’d love one that would call out when statue is available and I’m are fighting a boss/4+ enemies around and hidden else :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m ilvl 394 (2pcs Tier) with my own modded macro with moon macro as base. I am just checking what dps are you dishing out with your own own?

This is my AV+14

I’ve been running with a lot of different classes, while I don’t have the 2 PC or 4 PC. There are certain classes that will squash Monks, those are MM Hunters, Havoc, and sometimes, Combat Rogues. I have seen a few Fury Warriors do more damage than Monks, as well.

This is a balance/tuning thing that Blizzard did against us back during the pre-patch. So don’t look at DPS meters as a way of realistic data, you’re just shooting yourself in the foot. The macro will get you in the top 5 in a raid, no question, and will probably get you at 1 or 2 in M+. The only time you’ll be 3rd is if the above classes are included.

I talked to a friend who has 4 PC and uses my macro, he didn’t change a thing and he’s still number 1 in his guild raids doing roughly 56k to 61k DPS.