My current Blood Macro [GS]

I’ve only been testing this for about 20m, but it’s firing off most everything before stuff dies (Level59 atm). When I start to instance, I’ll find out with stuff being alive a bit longer.

I’m leveling another DK to test these lower level macros out with. Probably will stop leveling Test alt at 70/80.
The high damage intake, even using a decent macro, should last up until Level 80 when you get Mastery: Blood Shield. With no Shield to absorb / mitigate you take all the damage direct (accept Dodge / Parries).

I’ll test and tweak after work tomorrow, but this should be decent until then and just need a few adds depending on your level.

At Level 56+, you get Death Strike as Blood Spec. This macro should work 55-56 too though.
At Level 64+, add in Rune Tap to line 4.
At Level 81+, you can use the BloodDK macro after removing Soul Reaper.
At Level 87+, you can use BloodDK at its 100% list.

I was just naming macros at DKs skill intro levels.

Sequences["GS56"] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],

PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast [combat] Dark Simulacrum
	]],

PostMacro = [[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
	]],

-- Macro 1
	[[
/cast Death Strike
	]],

-- Macro 2
	[[
/castsequence reset=combat Death Coil
	]],

-- Macro 3
	[[
/castsequence reset=combat Icy Touch, Plague Strike
	]],

-- Macro 4
	[[
/castsequence reset=combat Plague Leech
	]],

-- Macro 5
	[[
/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil
	]],
}

If you want to test around with this kind of GS Macro, here is a Blank Slate:
You don’t have to worry about " or ’ in this format.

Sequences["Rename"] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			step = 1
		else
		end
	]],

PreMacro = [[
	]],

PostMacro = [[
	]],

-- Macro 1
	[[
/castsequence reset=combat
	]],

-- Macro 2
	[[
	]],

-- Macro 3
	[[
	]],

-- Macro 4
	[[
	]],

-- Macro 5
	[[
	]],
}

You can also change the StepFunction with:

StepFunction = [[
	 order = newtable(# order)

newstep = (newstep and (newstep % #order + 1)) or 2
	 step = order[newstep]
	]],

Replace # order thats in ( ) with real numbers (In line 2). Each key press will then follow that order rather then 1 12 123 1234 with the limit StepFunction.

Edit: Few small tweaks

Thank you , i will load it up and give it a go , I cant thank you enough for doing this , not enough people make GS macros for leveling toons.

Hey buds, I have combined my Blood and Dual Frost macros into 1 macro. If you would like to see that, I will be adding a link here.
My new Spec combination Thread

Hey suiseiseki, i want to thank you for the hard work you spent into these macros!! I am copletly new to DK… or i am thinking to level one up :slight_smile:
So excuse me the asking please but, do DK´s also have the need of a AOE macro, or do i just need to use the “BloodDK” macro at page 4 for Singel & AOE ? And when do i use the “help” macro and do i need to use many other spells manualy that arent in this macro (i have no clue about DK…i just looking for macros with good feedback and than i creat a account:)

Thank you very much!

[quote quote=25848]Hey suiseiseki, i want to thank you for the hard work you spent into these macros!! I am copletly new to DK… or i am thinking to level one up :) So excuse me the asking please but, do DK´s also have the need of a AOE macro, or do i just need to use the “BloodDK” macro at page 4 for Singel & AOE ? And when do i use the “help” macro and do i need to use many other spells manualy that arent in this macro (i have no clue about DK…i just looking for macros with good feedback and than i creat a account:)
Thank you very much!
[/quote]

Since the macro is pretty much just Blood Boil, That is your AoE.
I like to start off AoE by using Death & Decay (Defile) and then using Gorefiend’s Grasp (90 Talent), after that just the macro is good.
I also have Blood Boil on my bar in case I don’t have DnD up or Defiles on CD (Fast pulls). With stuff on CD you would Grip , then Boil and finish with BloodDK macro.
If your DnD and Grip are on CD, just Boil when everything is close once and then lay into the macro.

Grouped: DnD > Grip > Macro (Want that dmg ticking since DPS wont wait that 1 global after grip)
No Group: Grip > DnD > Macro (You want ever second of that DnD DPS on adds) (I’m normally pulling 10-12 adds @ Tanaan Throne and killing them, so more DPS on them helps get them down.

The Help macro would be most helpful if you see your Purgatory (57 Talent) proc. You will need that huge Death Pact (75 Talent) heal to not die from that, or soon after that. It’s a DKs “Oh Shit” button. With enough Mastery (Blood Shield @ 80), you will find you don’t use that button at all really.

Here is my UI. I could play with all of my UI bars off, but I use them as timers instead of getting a timers AddOn.

You’re amazing, Suis! Such a huge help to step up as thoroughly as you did to rectify my macro issue! I sincerely appreciate it! You were my favourite macro writer before, but now, you’re a Legend! #AboveAndBeyond :smiley:

SUMMARY OF ISSUE FOR THOSE WHO MAY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM:

I spec’d Frost first, not Blood. Blood is my SECONDARY spec though I play it most often. As a result, the 1 and 2 in the script had to be flipped to work properly.

Thanks again for all your help and patience!
–Nicholas aka Nykolaz-Greymane

My char just reached the 100 these days and i didnt tanked till now, (little bit afraid about it ^^) so i am a noob, but i can say the macro from page 4 is working verry well for me and the leveling macro helped me a lot :slight_smile:
A general question is - how long i need to survive on the tank dummy to beeing able to tank in LFR ?

Edit: I had to help out / tank the first time yesterday without any preparations and tanked kilrog (15 sec i had the add & the boss allone) all worked perfekt !!

T(h)anks a lot for your good work,

Nobody makes better macros :)))

So, which of these macros should I be using at the moment? First page one, or? :stuck_out_tongue:
Bit confused.

Page 4 had the last updates to it:

[quote quote=25789]Hello all, it’s been a while.
Here is what I have been using:

Talents: 2313112
    Glyphs:
Major - Glyph of Outbreak, Glyph of Regenerative Magic, Glyph of Raise Ally
Minor - Glyph of Resilient Grip, Glyph of Path of Frost.

Sequences[‘BloodDK’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
]],
“/cast Death Strike”,
“/castsequence reset=combat Plague Leech, Outbreak, Rune Tap”,
“/castsequence reset=combat Outbreak, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil”,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Soul Reaper, Death Strike’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Soul Reaper, Death Strike’,
–’/cast [combat] Blood Tap’,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

/cast Death Pact
/cast [combat] Icebound Fortitude
/use Healthstone
/cast Death Strike
/cast Anti-Magic Shell

[/quote]

I try to check and update my Combo, Blood and Frost pages often, If I have updates.

In your “GS56” macro you say to add Rune Tap to line 4 at 64+. What would that look like? I’m a noob to GS. THX and keep up the good work mate.

[quote quote=26057]In your “GS56” macro you say to add Rune Tap to line 4 at 64+. What would that look like? I’m a noob to GS. THX and keep up the good work mate.
[/quote]

You gain your Rune Tap at 64, so instead it would look like:
/castsequence reset=combat Plague Leech, Rune Tap
Instead of just
/castsequence reset=combat Plague Leech

Edit: Adding in the spells is making this macro more and more like the finished product.

Susieiski,

Hi, I just wanted to say that I have been using your BloodDK macro since the release of the expansion and it has proven to be one of the best I have ever used. I am currently a 717 Blood DK and pug most of everything I do, and get nothing but praises on the performance on tanking. I have also logged several top ten tanks on warcraftlogs.com for my server and even got a world rank 31 on a certain fight. Anyways, I’d love to chat with you about some theorycrafting and possibly tweeking for multiple tanking styles for our class. Please let me know if you’d like to team up on this effort. My toon name is Holyspec-Kil’Jaeden/US please feel free to look up logs and armory. I can be your perfect test dummy, lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Talents: 2311113
Testing around with Breath. I added Talent mods to this version so that it will stop Death Coil and use Boil n Strike instead.
Little to no test done yet, but should help tests with BoS.
I added a talent mod to Blood Tap too, just in case you want to use a diff talent.

Sequences['BloodDK'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			step = 1
		else
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
    ]],
    "/cast Death Strike",
    "/castsequence reset=combat Plague Leech, Outbreak, Rune Tap",
    "/castsequence [talent:7/1][talent:7/2]reset=combat Outbreak, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil; [talent:7/3] Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Death Strike",
    '/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Soul Reaper, Death Strike',
    '/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Soul Reaper, Death Strike',
    '/cast [talent:4/1]Blood Tap',
    PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
    ]],
}

Working great I had 2 files and they were over riding each other.

hey suiseiseki only macro two 2 but which is the best’ve tested bloodDK / bloodT
BloodDK is good but not holler aggrot so close but holler credits up good BloodT holler aggrot good but not hp … so my question is villket the Besta macro is bloodDk think it is good … thanks for the reply … Sincerely Extraz

please translate to english

Hey, first time here and first time using GS macros. Two questions.

1. I tried this once on a Frost DK (frost dk macro) and it worked fine. Tried it now on a blood DK (this macro) and the #showtooltip thing didn’t pop up when I made a new INGAME macro.

Ideas?

1. Do I need to make multiple “Sequences” files for each spec or can I just paste each new macro per spec per class in the single file and save over it?

I can be reached easiest via ingame mail or chat: GRELIN-TURALYON

or simply on here. I’m sure others have similar questions.

[quote quote=27060]Hey, first time here and first time using GS macros. Two questions.

1. I tried this once on a Frost DK (frost dk macro) and it worked fine. Tried it now on a blood DK (this macro) and the #showtooltip thing didn’t pop up when I made a new INGAME macro.
    Ideas?
  2. Do I need to make multiple “Sequences” files for each spec or can I just paste each new macro per spec per class in the single file and save over it?
    I can be reached easiest via ingame mail or chat: GRELIN-TURALYON
    or simply on here. I’m sure others have similar questions.
    [/quote]

Hello - I cannot help you with #1. However, with number two, only have one “Sequences” file. After the end of each macro there will be a }. Just enter down an extra line then paste the new macro. Then, log into WoW and go to your macro’s and make a new one for each name, ‘Macro1’ and ‘Macro2’.

Example:

Sequences[‘Macro1’] = {
Body for the macro

}

Sequences[‘Macro2’] = {
Body for the macro

}

I hope this helps!

@Suiseiseki - First off, thank you very much for your hard work! I just read through all 6 pages and there are numerous macros! Are you able to update the first post with the latest macro you use and date it? I am not sure which one to use.

Thanks again

Giving this macro a try (I’ve not used large macros like this since WoTK) I used the macro posted here: https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/my-current-blood-macro-gs/page/5/#post-26028

I’m getting a ? in my macro button a lot and when I do have a graphic it is always Death Strike. Lots of stuff trying to be used on cooldown.

Talents are 2311112 and glyphs are (M) Death and Decay, Raise Ally, Outbreak (m) Resilient Grip (other slots are empty just because I don’t have glyphs for them yet because I’m poor and lazy).

Is there a line that can be added to see what the current ability the macro is trying to use so I can see where it is going wrong? Or a debug that will print what the macro is inputting?