***NEW 2 Button Brutal Slash Macros - "Scratch and Claw"***

With the release of 8.0, I’ve created a new set of macros. The link for them is *OLD* 8.0 Two Button macro set - CP builder and spender - Patch 8.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros
New and Improved Macros (at least for me.) “Scratch” and “Claw” are based on “Purr” and “Roar” from my previous post. This new two button set keeps Brutal Slash as the top priority attack, uses Regrowth without switching out of cat form for survivability and improves DPS.

“Scratch” is a Combo Point builder and “Claw” is a Combo Point burner. I prefer two because it assures that you hit your finishing move with a full five combo points.

The talents are set at 2#1#221 (I usually use 2212221.) I’m geared pretty well (current ilvl is 965.)

The first, “Scratch,” builds combo points. If I’m trying for big AEO, I just attack with Thrash.

When you reach five combo points, attack with second macro, “Claw.” If it’s a long fight, I usually just spam Rip instead of using “Claw.”

SCRATCH

Sequences['Scratch'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.05.
  Author="Spinnaker@Eitrigg",
  SpecID=103,
  Help = [[Talents: 2#1#221]],
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/new-2-button-brutal-slash-macros-scratch-and-claw/#post-58506",
  Help = [[Talents: 2X1X221]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [noform:2] Cat Form",
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast !Brutal Slash",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Rake, Shred, Rake",
        "/cast [combat] Berserk",
        "/cast [combat] Tiger's Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Ashamane's Frenzy",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/console autounshift 0",
        "/cast Regrowth",
        "/console autounshift 1",
      },
    },
  },
}

And CLAW

Sequences['Claw'] = {
  SpecID=103,
  Help = [[Talents: 2#1#221]],
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/new-2-button-brutal-slash-macros-scratch-and-claw/#post-58506",
  Help = [[Talents: 2X1X221]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Rip, Ferocious Bite, Ferocious Bite, Rip, Ferocious Bite, Ferocious Bite",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Thank you very much for posting this update macros are exactly what I was looking for, less complexity great DPS. Works for me 952 Feral.

heey Spinnaker,

great macro, you made me appreciate feral as i never understood how to play one and now im topping charts :P. one minor problem though. sometimes when i press the combo point spender i shift into bearform for some weird reason. any idea what can cause this?

love the Macro and was wondering if by any chance you can make one with Moonfire (Lunar Inspiration) talented as some fights in Ant that talent is best on ST boss.

thanks and again thank you sooo much for sharing!

[quote quote=58738]love the Macro and was wondering if by any chance you can make one with Moonfire (Lunar Inspiration) talented as some fights in Ant that talent is best on ST boss.
thanks and again thank you sooo much for sharing![/quote]

Sequences['Scratch'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.07.
  SpecID=103,
  Talents = "?,?,?,?,?,?,?",
  Help = [[Talents: 3#1#221]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat] Brutal Slash",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat/target  Rake, Moonfire, Shred, Shred, Shred, Shred",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Regrowth",
      },
    },
  },
}

heey there Spinnaker,

i dont want to sound pushy because im sure you have other and probably better things to do at the moment. but it is really frustrating that the “Claw” macro for what ever reason shifts me into bear form. as i said i appreciate the work put into this and because of you ive found new love for Feral, but the sudden shift to bear form when trying to spend my combo points is starting to reach bloodboiling levels :stuck_out_tongue:

i hope you dont feel offended in any way by my message, thats is not my intention. my apologies if you are.

regards

[quote quote=58750]heey there Spinnaker,
i dont want to sound pushy because im sure you have other and probably better things to do at the moment. but it is really frustrating that the “Claw” macro for what ever reason shifts me into bear form. as i said i appreciate the work put into this and because of you ive found new love for Feral, but the sudden shift to bear form when trying to spend my combo points is starting to reach bloodboiling levels ???
i hope you dont feel offended in any way by my message, thats is not my intention. my apologies if you are.
regards[/quote]

I found that the Spec ID listed in Claw was for Balance. Not sure how that would put you in bear form, but that’s the only thing that didn’t look right to me. I’ve changed it to Feral.

Also, maybe it’s a matter of talents. The talents listed in the description and macro are 2#1#221. My exact talents are 2212221. Maybe that makes a difference.

heey,

thanks for the reply. i have the very same talents only using Wild Charge and switching between Mighty bash and mass Entanglement depending on the fight. i’ll test your updated macro with my talent setup to see if the problem is on my end and get back to you again with results :slight_smile:

regards

heey,

so after some testing i still shift into bear form on occassion. i will try it with your talent setup and see if that makes any difference.

regards

heeey,

i did some testing with the 2212221 build and i still shift to bear form on occassion.

regards

edit: i found the problem! for some weird reason, while in combat and spamming the “Scratch” macro my action bar shifsts to my stealth bar, and on my stealth bar bear form is placed where “Claw” is placed when not in stealth. dont know how this happens, but ill have to move bear form to make sure i dont shift and just continue my dps. :slight_smile:

Thanks for Posting, I’m going to try this.

hello. Im going to try your macro out. Also do you have set up for AHK on this macro?

Great Macro, I have been using yours for alittle over 2-3 months. I did notice that other druids my level were getting way more DPS out of them so I decided to check out Raidbots and calculate the SIM. I noticed Thrash was not firing at all, so I added Thrash to mine and gained 300k dps, changed it ever so slightly. Great starting point. 1.6 Mil DPS @ 963 iLVL. Thanks for the great work. Such a good macro…

I really appreciate the compliment. I still feel new to the game. I just started in the middle of the Legion expansion, so that means a lot.

It’s a bit down in the description, but I mentioned that I use Thrash on its own when looking for big AOE. I like using the Luffa Wrappings legendary and its range is so big it ends up pulling half the room if I’m not careful. So I use it on its own and yes, it gives a phenomenal amount of DPS. I had it incorporated into a macro specifically for AOE, but I found it more effective to spam Thrash in those instances.

Again, thanks for the compliment. You just made my day.

I haven’t adjusted AHK settings at all. The default settings from Logitech work great for me.

I’m using the G600 mouse and I have to say that it’s the single biggest thing I use to improve my game. For those of you that think it looks complicated, it turns out to be very intuitive - easier and more efficient than a standard gaming mouse. I know the number of buttons seems intimidating, but to be honest, I wish it had another row of three buttons on the side.

[quote quote=58913]I really appreciate the compliment. I still feel new to the game. I just started in the middle of the Legion expansion, so that means a lot.

I noticed Thrash was not firing at all, so I added Thrash to mine and gained 300k
It’s a bit down in the description, but I mentioned that I use Thrash on its own when looking for big AOE. I like using the Luffa Wrappings legendary and its range is so big it ends up pulling half the room if I’m not careful. So I use it on its own and yes, it gives a phenomenal amount of DPS. I had it incorporated into a macro specifically for AOE, but I found it more effective to spam Thrash in those instances. Again, thanks for the compliment. You just made my day.[/quote] Hey great mac spinnaker but any chance you can do the macro with thrash included thanks keep up the awesome work
Hey great mac spinnaker but any chance you can do the macro with thrash included thanks keep up the awesome work.

It’s not much to add. I tested it and it works well. Thrash uses a lot of energy, so you might see a paws, pun intended pause in the action from time to time. Since it’s a bigger AOE, I’ve named it “Big Scratch.”

Sequences['BigScratch'] = {
  SpecID=103,
  Talents = "2#1#221",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast !Brutal Slash",
        "/cast !Thrash",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Rake, Shred, Rake",
        "/cast [combat] Berserk",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Regrowth",
      },
    },
  },
}

Your macros are great Spinnaker would only have one doubt. What would these commands

[quote quote=59047]Your macros are great Spinnaker would only have one doubt. What would these commands

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/console autounshift 0"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/console autounshift 1"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote]

It triggers Regrowth healing without shifting out of cat form.

Spinnaker, I am not sure how these macros work with GSE, is it possible to do add a modifier so if I hit like ALT+key it would apply rake rather then it randomly apply while spamming the macro?