Shadow Priest - 7.1.5 - GSE 2.0 (High Performance)

Hopefully this gets people up and running again in patch 7.1.5. :slight_smile:

VIDEO:

IMPORTANT:

This macro works in conjunction with GSE 2.0, and has been tested using version v2.0.14. Having said that, fixing problems with the addon are beyond the scope of my abilities.

As for the macro, it occasionally gets modified - as I am always trying to improve its output - so please check back to see if any changes have been made recently. The Edit Log (located at the bottom of this post) will allow you to see what and when changes were made.

To begin using this macro, choose one of the following THREE methods:

METHOD #1 (Import):

1. Open GS (/gs).
  2. Click the IMPORT button.
  3. Copy and Paste the following code into the editor:
Sequences['SPriest_All-in-One'] = {
  Author="Sethadon@Shattered Hand",  
  SpecID=258,
  Talents = "Any Combination",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/shadow-priest-7-1-5-gse-2-0-2/",
  Help = "- This macro is quite versatile and should work with any talent combination.\n- Pressing the CTRL key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch. If you have chosen the Misery talent, pressing CTRL will only cast Vampiric Touch.\n- Pressing the ALT key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Void Torrent and Mindbender (if you have chosen this talent).\n- Surrender to Madness (S2M), Mind Bomb, Power Infusion (PI) and Dispersion will need to be cast manually.",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Spell_Shadow_ShadowWordPain',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [form:0] Shadowform",
        "/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]",
        "/castsequence [mod:ctrl, talent:6/1, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [mod:ctrl, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5  Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl, talent:6/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Vampiric Touch",
        "/cast [mod:alt, talent:6/1] [mod:alt, talent:6/2] Void Torrent",
        "/castsequence [mod:alt, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=60  Mindbender, Void Torrent",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Mind Flay",
        "/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death",
        "/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
        "/cast [talent:7/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent, @cursor] Shadow Crash",
        "/castsequence [talent:1/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
        "/cast [talent:6/1, combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:6/2, combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadowfiend",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

METHOD #2 Install via the GSE HP Macro Plugin

METHOD #3 (Create from New):

1. Open GS (/gs).
  2. Click the NEW button.
  3. Copy and Paste the following bits of data into each corresponding field:

SEQUENCE NAME: SPriest_All-in-One

CONFIGURATION TAB:

• Specialization / Class ID: Shadow
  • Talents: Any Combination
  • Help Information: ``` - This macro is quite versatile and should work with any talent combination. - Pressing the CTRL key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch. If you have chosen the Misery talent, pressing CTRL will only cast Vampiric Touch. - Pressing the ALT key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Void Torrent and Mindbender (if you have chosen this talent). - Surrender to Madness (S2M), Mind Bomb, Power Infusion (PI) and Dispersion will need to be cast manually. ```
    </li>
    <li><strong>Help Link:</strong>

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/shadow-priest-7-1-5-gse-2-0-2/

• Author: Sethadon@Shattered Hand

TAB 1:

• Step Function: Priority List (1 12 123 1234)
  • KeyPress: ``` /cast [form:0] Shadowform /targetenemy [noharm] [dead] /castsequence [mod:ctrl, talent:6/1, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [mod:ctrl, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch /cast [mod:ctrl, talent:6/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Vampiric Touch /cast [mod:alt, talent:6/1] [mod:alt, talent:6/2] Void Torrent /castsequence [mod:alt, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=60 Mindbender, Void Torrent ```
    </li>
    <li><strong>Sequence:</strong>

/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption
    /cast [combat, nochanneling] Mind Flay
    /cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death
    /cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast
    /cast [talent:7/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent, @cursor] Shadow Crash
    /castsequence [talent:1/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Blast
    /cast [talent:6/1, combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:6/2, combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadowfiend

</li>

WEAKAURAS HUD:

WeakAuras2 HUD (Shadow Priest)

NOTE(S):

• The TEXT versions of this content is available here.
  • Also, the advanced version of this macro is located here.

Great work as always bro. Anyway we could get a misery version with the shadow word pain removed? Or tell when where to remove it in the code? Any help would be appreciated.

[quote quote=39937]Any way we could get a Misery version with the Shadow Word Pain removed? Or tell when where to remove it in the code? Any help would be appreciated.
[/quote]

This has already been taken care of…

The line of code in the KeyPress section that reads as follows:

/cast [mod:ctrl,talent:6/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Vampiric Touch

…checks to see if you have selected the Misery talent and does away with SWP.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

WOW! That is amazing bro. Thanks.

Did they remove “shadow word: void”? It comes up red, and I can’t find the spell.

They: 1) changed Void Lord to Lingering Insanity, 2) replaced Shadow Crash with Misery (in Tier 6), and 3) replaced Mind Spike with Shadow Crash (in Tier 7); but aside from that, Shadow Word: Void is still available in Tier 1 but requires level 100 now instead of 90 (last I checked).

Sethadon,

Any way you can convert this to the original GS plz?

Great macro! thanks !

Nice! Great work again Sethadon !!!

Thanks, works great!

Also, love the WA bits :smiley:

nice macro for sure. I have a question, am I missing something or is vampiric Embrace and Power Word Shield manually managed?
If I wanted to could I just add /cast Power Word:Shield right after target enemy line
as well as /use potion…

Yes, Vampiric Embrace and Power Word: Shield have been purposely left out, as they are a net DPS loss.

If you want to add a potion to your rotation, I would suggest adding it to the KeyPress section and binding it to the ALT key modifier so that it will be cast in tandem with Void Torrent and Mindbender.

As for where to add Power Word: Shield? Probably below the last spell in the sequence, as it would be lowest priority.

Alternatively, you could add these spells to an “Oh sh*t!” type macro that you can spam when your health is low.

It might look something like this:

Sequences['SPriest_Heal'] = {
  Author="Sethadon@Shattered Hand",  
  SpecID=258,
  Talents = "",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Power Word: Shield",
        "/cast Shadow Mend",
        "/cast Vampiric Touch",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Hope this helps.

Hey Sethadon.

Love your macro, it´s awesome.

If you have some time, you dont know what to do with, then i have a idea.

Discipline macro. That would be another great gift, to us who dont get it.

But great work.

Love your shit.

I think it should look like this for old GS: hope this helps.

---1212231---
Sequences['SP'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [form:0] Shadowform
/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/castsequence [mod:ctrl, talent:6/1, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [mod:ctrl, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5  Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch
/cast [mod:ctrl, talent:6/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Vampiric Touch
/cast [mod:alt, talent:6/1] [mod:alt, talent:6/2] Void Torrent
/castsequence [mod:alt, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=60  Mindbender, Void Torrent
]],	
    [[/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption]],
    [[/cast [combat, nochanneling] Mind Flay]],
    [[/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death]],
    [[/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast]],
    [[/cast [talent:7/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent, @cursor] Shadow Crash]],
    [[/castsequence [talent:1/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Blast]],
    [[/cast [talent:6/1, combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:6/2, combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadowfiend]],
PostMacro=[[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

I’m getting really low DPS from this. It keeps interrupting casts with other casts, so a lot of spells aren’t landing. I don’t have this problem with any other macro or toon. Is there an edit that protects the current cast?

I have a Razer Orbweaver gaming pad. I have the macro on a button with auto-repeat, .7 seconds. Works well with my Holy macros, my warlock, and my mage. This is the only one where the spells aren’t finishing before another spell starts casting.

Mind Flay (MF) and Void Torrent (VT) are the only “channeled” spells in this set, and the [nochanneling:Void Torrent] conditional is ahead of every other spell. Meaning, MF should be the only spell to ever get clipped, which is fine - considering it is only a “filler spell” anyway.

If VT is being clipped then the conditional is not being met somewhere; but where? - I dunno.

Perhaps your auto-repeat setting should be slowed back to .75 or .8 seconds - but this is only a guess.

Please let us know if you find a fix for this issue.

Cheers!

Macro is working fine now.

works so good with gse 2.0 so nice

hey guys, … i noticed that the macro is tossing shadow crash behind my priest rather than at the target dumbies. everything else is working nicely