[Share Your Story] How WoW Lazy Macros or GSE has helped you or someone else?

lazy macros ha sido para mi una gran solución! por mi trabajo exijo a mis manos y esto me ha permitido seguir jugando ya que la fatiga de mi mano izquierda, de no ser por GSE se habria dañado definitivamente. Gracias!!!

3 Likes

I have multiple sclerosis, and this addon helps me play the game and be useful on days my hands don’t want to work properly or when I’m in a lot of pain.

Thank you everyone for what you do.

6 Likes

I have been gradually losing my vision (Stargardt’s Disease) over the years. I’m 56 and was diagnosed legally blind in May 2019. I have very little central vision, therefore I struggle to see items, such as Weak Auras, etc… Lazy macros provide me with the ability to play the game and let the macro handle my character’s rotation. Also, shout out to WOW for adding text-to-speech. I can’t count the number of whispers I have missed in the past. Keep making incredible macros.

2 Likes

I have a few physical disabilities and have been a wow player for yrs. If it wasn’t for your addon I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the game anymore Thank you.

3 Likes

how GSE helped me? it helped me reach 3100 k rio this season. I pretty much just take the codes here and just optimize it to my need.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: GSE and 250ms - Do we care about bans?

I am just making this post to thank everyone in here for your effort and all your hard work - its easier then writing to everyone!! :grinning:

I have had issues playing due to an work accident that made my left hand very stiff and little responsive/slow reflexes. In later years I also have had an increasing cognitive setback, so my response time has been longer and longer (it comes with the age i guess!! :grinning:).

But with lazy macros I have been able to play and join dungeons and raids - both retail and Classic/tbc.I was one of the main tanks up until i quit. I wouldnt been able to do that without everyone in here testing macros, discussing etc. So thanks to everyone contributing and keeping this addon going!!

3 Likes

I’m old (57), I’m busy and I also am not the most dedicated at staying current with key binds for the classes I play, which is ALL of them haa.
I used to fumble around until I found this site and WOW was I amazed, I currently play solo and this is the absolute best at keeping me competitive and even outshining at times. Such a great thing Thank you Mods, Developers and those that make the wheels go round you’re all appreciated.

3 Likes

I was turned on to this site by my mom probably 9-10 years ago, and I’ve used it ever since!! I really just use it to be lazy, and also… I was getting tired of waiting on cooldowns so I could hit the next spell/action. So before my mom told me about this site, I was basically “face rolling” and getting bored with the game. This site helped me love WoW again, so thank you @lutechi for creating this site to help people no matter their reason to download macros!!

2 Likes

I know the power and benefit GSE and macros bring to many many people.

Unfortunately it seems no one can make a successful Classic/TBC Shadow Priest macro and that limits the class choice because players who need the GSE macros to play just can’t.

That said GSE frees a lot of people with physical glitches to play games they enjoy.

Thanks Tim, lutechi, and the Community.

2 Likes

I am disabled. Without GSE I would have to stop playing the game I have loved for 15 years. Thank you for keeping it going. It may not be perfect but it lets me play!

3 Likes

I love wow, but im not good at it. Due to learning disabilites i am not able to remember rotations or the most effective way to do something on my character. This lead me to yeras of botting and losing several accounts and tons of money. With GSE i have something that managers all the rotations and makes the game fun again and playable.

2 Likes

So, I have been here since 2012, but have been playing wow since the 2008 beta. Here I was Under a different name for years then forgot my login blah blah. Anyways, in 2012 I broke my shoulder essentially causing my arm to now slip out of the socket, holding my arm up to a keyboard for a length of time would cause it to slip out, and then deal with days of excruciating pain when set back in and nerve/arthritis damage that came from it.

I needed a solution to play because I was cooped up at home and very bored. Playing wow back then I was a warrior tank in a guild and essentially was unable to do my duties as the main tank and I was asked to be replaced by the group with someone else. And for the record, I should have been. It wasn’t their fault at all. However, when I searched for macros that I could assign on the multi-button mouse I had, I found this through other people’s conversations and read it somewhere in a forum about how you have some interesting takes on macros to simplify.

My eyes lit up as I was looking to simplify, not take away the fun or interaction, but loosen up the engagement with my forever aching arm. This allowed me to continue to tank and play all the alts I have now with my own twist.

I’ve contributed and learned and talked trash and found better rotations and been a part of the community for 10 years. Though I did take a break in BOA as I just had a child and priorities, it’s been a pleasure to swap macros and use GSE, which I know is losing support for 10.0, and, It is what it is. I don’t like it but I don’t have a way or the knowledge to do anything about it, however, someone may step up and create their own way of doing things and make a healthy growth come to life or it will die miserably in a flame pit… Either way, I’m here for it.

2 Likes

im 61, and have struggled with arthritus in my hands, feet for years, this has allowd me to be somewhat competive, and enjoy games with the physical restrictions of my fingers not moving where they need all the time, i can now use mouse buttons or a single button to not top dps but hold my own in a group, raid and solo content.

4 Likes

Wonderrrrrrful!!! :heart:

My wife and I have been playing WOW since the night it came out back in 2004. We were heavy raiders and dungeon runners back then.

I am 67 now and she is 68. The years eventually caught up with us. My military disabilities and her arthritis took our edge off a few years back. We no longer raided and only ran dungeons when our son and daughter-in-law would take us under their wings.

I went on a search for addons that would help us and found GSE and WowLazyMacros. I loaded it up and started testing. My game play and DPS improved dramatically and the wife wanted to know what I was doing. I didn’t tell her but I loaded up GSE and WowLazyMacros one morning while she was sleeping and made her a one button. I created a monster! I typically play tank and she a hunter. I had to listen to her bragging how good her DPS was and how she was kicking ass now but it was all worth it to see her get into the game again. We have no problem jumping into random groups now.

I put GSE on our guest computer and a close friend started coming over to play with us. She has Lupus and it causes her a lot of joint pain in her hands. She has been playing WOW almost as long as us. She was a big time raider and played a healer. She lost interest a few years back because she could no longer play a healer due to her Lupus. I made her a Balance Druid and a one button macro and we had her over for dinner a couple months ago. When we all logged on after dinner, she seen the Druid I made and started complaining that she has no idea how to play a Druid. When I showed her the one button she went crazy. Her and the wife started getting into DPS competition. It has been great ever since.

I want to thank all of the Devs and community for the great job they all do. You have brought more joy to people than you know.

5 Likes

I have played WOW for 12 years but several years ago my hand tremors and pain slowed and stopped my playing generally. I used other methods to try and compensate but nothing worked well enough for me to play effectively in groups. Using GSE has been a great help. While I might not play as well as I did in my prime at least I can do averagely well and play the way I like. The macros that people come up with are great and with GSE ease relatively for modifying them and personalizing them, I can play the way I like. Thanks to all the people who make the macros and especially Timothy for making GSE so that I can enjoy a game which while has problems I still greatly enjoy playing.

3 Likes

I have arthritis in both wrists and hands, I also have the reaction speed of a brick so without GSE and the God’s and Goddess’s who make these works of art called macro’s I couldn’t play wow to a standard I find acceptable. So I probably won’t make a mythic raider but thanks to all your hard work I hold my own in heroic raid on main and alts which is more than enough for me.
I thank you all with all my heart.

2 Likes

Hi All,
I am a USMC combat vet with nerve damage in one arm, which made it difficult to use the keyboard and mouse while gaming, the left arm, and fingers respond slowly so it was hard to keep up with my rotations, GSE made the life of a gamer easy, and I can now confidently join raids and groups without issues. Big thanks and gratitude goes out to John Metz, Lutechi, and All other contributors for helping an old veteran out, WOW really helps with my PTSD and Anxiety issues.

3 Likes

Hi, I have neuro disorder. I find it difficult to process lots of info quickly. I have played wow since cata and my condition started 3 years ago. There are some content that I can’t play due to flashing lights and lots of movement in a raid, but I’m part of a great community where there is no pressure to sit out on particular bosses. I digress. GSE has and continues to help me carry on raiding and still be able to be functional to my team. I can still play a game I love to play because it allows me to escape my rl problems fundamentally. I’m unable to work out how to build macros because of my issue too. Thank you for your invaluable support that not just enables me, but countless others to play wow!

2 Likes