[Share Your Story] How WoW Lazy Macros or GSE has helped you or someone else?

I suffer from RSI in my arm so wouldn’t be able to play wow for very long without the help of GSE.

1 Like

I recently had a stroke at 44. While mild, I’m having a lot of mental issues from it (difficulty focusing, can’t multitask anymore, had trouble playing some games, like WoW). A friend suggested I try this site. You’ve given me back the ability to play Warcraft and I can’t thank you enough for that. The macros work so well, I’ve even started enjoying and semi-maining a Monk, which is the hardest class for me to play for some reason. Shadowlands is the expack I’ve looked most forward to in a long while and it was upsetting to think I wouldn’t be able to play due to deficiencies, but thanks to this site I’m having a blast in the Shadowlands.

2 Likes

I’m a 41 yr old c4, c5 quadriplegic (paralyzed from the chest down) I play WoW with my right arm only and no wrist or finger movements. I wear a wrist support so my hand isn’t flopping back and forth and I type using my second pinky knuckle. I used to use script macros which helped me use on button to cycle a rotation for destro warlock. I got discouraged to play when blizz ripped script macros out of the game. The last time I used any lazy macros was back in Mists of Pandaria… I’m going to try to see if macros can help me keep my eyes on the monitor instead of up and down at the monitor and my keyboard because I have no feeling in my hands.

4 Likes

I’m just gonna say right now, this is so sweet. I love this wholesome ass post.

These macros and this site help me so much. I am mostly unable to play the game without these macros, because I have a really hard time keeping up with the rotations, and things like that. I have mental health issues that have literally permanently damaged my brain, and without these macros I wouldn’t be able to play this game that I really really love and enjoy.

3 Likes

I was hospitalized a few years back with severe brain swelling, which resulted in significant brain damage due to cranial pressure. As a result of this, my body/brain don’t communicate properly - I can ride a bike as an example, but will ride it straight into traffic or a wall… as my brain screams for my body to turn the wheel, or get out of the way, but my body won’t respond.

I used to competitive raid and play WoW hardcore, but due to the brain damage basically had to stop playing WoW completely - as sometimes I would just stand there not pressing any keys due to my body not listening.

Whereas there’s nothing that can solve for this completely, and I’ll never be able to competitive raid again - Lazy Macros has helped me a TON in being able to at least play the game again with friends and family and enjoy basic content up to low Mythic+ dungeons.

Thanks to all the folks who work so hard on creating these Macros and keeping them updated.

3 Likes

As with many of the amazing stories here. God Bless you all by the way.

My wife suffers with a neuromuscular type illness. It causes uncontrollable spasms all over her body but mostly in her hands, feet, and face. She and I met playing WoW in 2007. Ironically it was during a time that I myself was trying to recover from serious injuries and had retreated into the World of Warcraft as a way of escaping the pain of my new reality. She helped me through a lot and quite honestly, literally, saved my life. We eventually became close friends and in 2012, we married. Fast-forward to 2016, she has an accident that leads to the neuromuscular type problem. It was so bad that she could barely use a keyboard for more than a few minutes without pain and serious frustration. She started to contemplate not playing WoW anymore and became depressed by the thought. WoW had always been a large part of our relationship for very real and serious reasons. It has helped us both get through very bad parts of our lives and has become a bit of a sentimental safety net to us to be able to play together. As I watched her situation decline, I started searching desperately for a way to allow her to play regardless of how bad her condition would get. My efforts eventually led me to this website and its addons. Through the knowledge and skills of the people here, I was able to learn to start writing macros specifically tailored to her issues and play style that let her continue to play as close as possible to how she has always played. It has become an even greater aspect of our relationship now. I cannot begin to describe how grateful we are to the existence of this site and all the absolutely amazing people that come here to share their knowledge and experiences. We can’t thank you guys enough!

Stay lazy, stay amazing!

4 Likes

Hello everyone
I’m an disabled veteran with several injuries and ptsd. I’ve Had 13 surgeries so far and counter full of meds to take daily. This site and the work people have spent on making macros has made it possible to make me feel like an avg person playing and forget some of the issues I go thru daily. I thank you all for that so much. Everyone I have asked questions about things have always gotten back quick and been friendly. I have to really thank Timothy Luke, Lutechi, and John Metz for helping with macro problems. I also want to thank Usmcguy for his great macro’s I use on some toons, even if hes wasn’t Army, just kidding much love to my fellow Vets!

3 Likes

Hi my English isnt perfect but ill try to write my story.
Is a bit different i guess, i lost my wife after 10 perfect years from one day to the next one witch lead me to a very dark time and depression, i wasnt able to concentrate but needed the distraction from gaming, you know something to do without using your brain that much i didnt watch tv i played wow. lazy macros helped me to relax doing something and be brain-afk at the same time.

so thank you all that shared marcos with us we needed or need them still for different reasons to fell better or not beeing left out of this colorful world of distraction
you let us be part of the whole community

3 Likes

Hello there.
My story is simple really.
I suffer from severe join pain cause of Arthritis. My mobility in my fingers are reduced so this helps me alot. I’m so greatful for finding this site and GSE :slight_smile: So thank you all for making it possible to play without taking loads of pain meds just to play :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi everyone I found out about this site purely by accident. I play WoW many years ago but due to an injury I was no longer able to play. I want to say thank you to everyone who has made it possible for me to enjoy the game again without it I wouldn’t be able to.

3 Likes

I am one of the originals at this site, when it was just one or two posters. I see some of my old macros are still being built on. So how has this helped me? I think it’s awesome people have taken what was there and made it better. I’ve been away from wow for about 7 years, and just recently logged back in to get involved in Classic BC… back when I enjoyed pvp so much!

So here’s to you guys who continually make it better.
-John

3 Likes

Ya, I developed a clot in my jugular, and because of that I have reduced usage in my right arm/hand. That combined with my busy schedule at work, this addon really helps me to be able to play the game :smiley:

2 Likes

lazy macros ha sido para mi una gran solución! por mi trabajo exijo a mis manos y esto me ha permitido seguir jugando ya que la fatiga de mi mano izquierda, de no ser por GSE se habria dañado definitivamente. Gracias!!!

3 Likes

I have multiple sclerosis, and this addon helps me play the game and be useful on days my hands don’t want to work properly or when I’m in a lot of pain.

Thank you everyone for what you do.

6 Likes

I have been gradually losing my vision (Stargardt’s Disease) over the years. I’m 56 and was diagnosed legally blind in May 2019. I have very little central vision, therefore I struggle to see items, such as Weak Auras, etc… Lazy macros provide me with the ability to play the game and let the macro handle my character’s rotation. Also, shout out to WOW for adding text-to-speech. I can’t count the number of whispers I have missed in the past. Keep making incredible macros.

2 Likes

I have a few physical disabilities and have been a wow player for yrs. If it wasn’t for your addon I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the game anymore Thank you.

3 Likes

how GSE helped me? it helped me reach 3100 k rio this season. I pretty much just take the codes here and just optimize it to my need.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: GSE and 250ms - Do we care about bans?

I am just making this post to thank everyone in here for your effort and all your hard work - its easier then writing to everyone!! :grinning:

I have had issues playing due to an work accident that made my left hand very stiff and little responsive/slow reflexes. In later years I also have had an increasing cognitive setback, so my response time has been longer and longer (it comes with the age i guess!! :grinning:).

But with lazy macros I have been able to play and join dungeons and raids - both retail and Classic/tbc.I was one of the main tanks up until i quit. I wouldnt been able to do that without everyone in here testing macros, discussing etc. So thanks to everyone contributing and keeping this addon going!!

3 Likes

I’m old (57), I’m busy and I also am not the most dedicated at staying current with key binds for the classes I play, which is ALL of them haa.
I used to fumble around until I found this site and WOW was I amazed, I currently play solo and this is the absolute best at keeping me competitive and even outshining at times. Such a great thing Thank you Mods, Developers and those that make the wheels go round you’re all appreciated.

3 Likes