[Share Your Story] How WoW Lazy Macros or GSE has helped you or someone else?

This site has made it possible for me to play the one game that i truly love. I had a stroke in 2021 and lost control of the entire left side of my body. I had to re learn how to do everything in life & in game. Lazy macros made it so i could still have enjoyable game time and continue to stay current in game. Thank You All !

3 Likes

I am a disabled vet and have hand mobility issues.

Gaming is a great hobby of mine and GSE allows me to play at a level in games I could not do without it.

Thank you so much for a great program.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s just how i feel bro, now iā€™m able to fully appreciate the game without having to worry bout pressing all of the 100 keys

1 Like

Back in 2011 I was diagnosed with MS. I lost total function in my left hand for about 4ā€“5 months. At the time I played primarily with a Razer Naga so I could move and use abilities with one hand. After I found GSE my life in WoW was changed forever. Finally there was a way for me to achieve high dps/hps ratings in WoW! Since recovering the use of my left hand I have continued and will continue to use GSE forever. #bestaddonever <3

7 Likes

Long time lurker here. I have Cerebral Palsy (Handicap affecting fine motor skills, acquired from birth), and WLM has helped me IMMENSELY by reducing and effecively COMPLETELY GETTING RID OF the strain on my hands and fingers. Now I do not have to move my hands at all (except for movement and hitting modifiers) and can just press and hold ONE BUTTON!

3 Likes

In my personal experience GSE and Wowlazymacros helped me a lot, my disability is im very monofocal, i can concentrate myself in 3 or 4 things at the time and usually doing complex rotations and be alert for mechanics was a chaos for me since the wow skill rotations get more complicated (more than 5 buttons), so GSE helped me a lot to solve this issue because i can use my knowledge, patience and intelect to complement the thing i miss.

So thanks a lot to Timothy and all the people that helped to make GSE and this site <3

4 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since I remember how I found Wowlazymacros.com. But, one thing I remember exactly how I got to know Wowlazymacros.com. It was a random number of days that I spent time looking macro on Google because I started playing WoW as a Clicker. Itā€™s humiliating that I always get pwned in Battlegrounds and PVP. I started to do some research and see why or how people manage to do more damage while they can still move around avoiding the dungeon mechanic without getting killed. I came across a ā€œMacro Toolkitā€ and the name Beefwellington. So I started visiting the site since then. I talked to Beefwellington a lot and learned to write macros from him. Thatā€™s how I started GSE.

5 Likes

Am a disabled vet diagnosed with PTSD. One button, one action is too intense for me in raids and mythic+. Been playing since day 1 of vanilla, and when I was younger could cope well with the WoW macro system. I am older now- probably one of the older people still playing- and the WoW macro system just doesnā€™t work for me anymore, as my anxiety goes through the roof and triggers episodes. Donā€™t want or need to go into details on my symptomology- but will say it isnā€™t pleasant. GSE and Gau Pandaā€™s BM Macro has changed my life. I can now participate in high level keys and itā€™s fun instead of causing anxiety. Still learning how to optimize GSE with Razer Synapse because- like I said- Iā€™m an older guy and pretty much computer illiterate, but will get there. Finding this website was a Godsend, and I just want to thank the website hosts and all those who spend their precious time making macros to help people like me. Now someone just needs to make a YouTube video of how to optimize GSE with Razer Synapse for ā€˜dummiesā€™ like me and life would be even better in the WoW universe. Wish I would have paid attention in my computer class in college instead of partying and skipping classes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have nerve damage in both hands, arms, and shoulders. If not for WoW Lazy Macros I could not continue playing WoW. Thank you!

3 Likes

Using a macro isnā€™t cheating, and TimothyLuke created one of the best accessibility tools Iā€™ve ever seen in gaming! So thank you @TimothyLuke!

Personally, Iā€™m fortunate to not have any disabilities myself. However, I was told about the addon many years ago by a friend who had. I set myself a goal to make some macros for him. Over the years it became an obsession for me, and Iā€™ve spent hours in front of target dummies working out perfect rotations :joy:.

Iā€™ve also been told itā€™s ā€˜cheatingā€™, but itā€™s only ever by players who I out DPS with my one button baby! Thereā€™s also no reason you canā€™t partake in any content and itā€™s awesome that people who would otherwise not be able to play, can continue to enjoy World of Warcraft!

1 Like

I have played WoW for roughly 16 years straight. This macro/addon/community has helped me the last 5 years be able to keep up with all my alts and be able to damage/tank with them all decently. My mains have been top 200 toons and even this season top20 on my evoker and even with being able to play at very high level, i still utilize GSE for my alts. this has helped me increase my enjoyment of the game when i have limited time. tyvm for the contributors and dev team for keeping this safe and going :smiley: 10/10

2 Likes

Hi all!

First, I would like to thank all who came up with this addon and all the awesome macro masters who understand macros and share them with the rest of us.
Secondly, fortunately for me, I do not have any disabilities, I still, however, would like to say that this addon did not just improve my gameplay but allowed me to try other classes and overall enjoy the gameplay. I am a huge fan of a few button builds. I absolutely dislike games with lots of buttons to press.

Again, thank you all who share your time and your work with those that may require it and those that donā€™t.

2 Likes

Welcome to this family.

Those words are exactly portraitin my self lots of years ago since the original Gnome Sequencer.

Never thougt of myself playing Other classes but my shaman, wtheck even Other spec but dps!

In due time you will be creating and sharing your own macros, once youre very much hooked

Cheers, and join wlm discord aswell as dev addon GSE

Cheers

2 Likes

played this game during vanilla. still have my original level 60 Warrior and Mage untouched since vanilla.
got sick day before TBC and could not play anymore. fast forward to today still not well, very bad reaction time and speed using my hands. this addon has really help me enjoy this game again i am very grateful to all who take time to make these macros and help us out.

2 Likes

I have been plagued by illnesses over the last 15 years. Heart, diabetes, Kidney disease depression, chronic arthritis, and early dementia. The only two games I actually liked and liked first were Guild Wars 1 and WOW. Been on this site since it launched and helped me so much in crap times even helped me get out of suicide. Say how sad it is the way it is going lately with people not posting macros for the not-so-lucky to be able to create their own. We have a guy fighting cancer most of his adult life creating ones for all classes and sharing nd never asks for anything and gets little support. Been on his twitch when I was around as I just came back and no one turned up in his stream to say thank you. Now we have people asking for money to be able to get a macro so they can play. They should be ashamed of themselves. To the very few that do share and some really great macros thank you from the bottom of my heart as without them I would not be able to play and propably would not be around.

3 Likes

Get well! and enjoy the game :heart:

Cheers.

This site has been a great boon for me because I have nerve damage in my left hand which makes pushing hotkeys very challenging. Thank you to everyone here for putting in time and effort to make this site accessible and the game by extension to people like myself.

1 Like

i had the tops of my fingers removed on my right hand , thank you for all your work

1 Like