These are the Single Target and Multi-Target Macros I am using.

talents are confusing (1222121) but the macro uses warriror of elune

Can we get a clean up by the original poster?

Can you post an ST and AOE that actually have the same talents? looking through the thread none of them are consistent. and as changing talents mis dungeon/solo play is not entertainingā€¦

As to the talent controversyā€¦ I use both.

They both work pretty well, one giving more consistent dps, the other better burst windows.

I like the changes made by the guys above, it makes things smoother.

BTW I run this at .4ms

Any logs to provide ? :3

This seems like the most active forum so let me ask here,

/cast [@focus, help, nodead,nomod,nochanneling] [@mouseover, help, nodead,nomod,nochanneling] [@target, help, nodead,nomod,nochanneling] Prayer of Mending
/cast [@focus, help, nodead,nomod,nochanneling] [@mouseover, help, nodead,nomod,nochanneling] [@target, help, nodead,nomod,nochanneling] Binding Heal

Trying to cast Binding heal with Prayer of mending on cool down, this freezes alot, Also would like to use in vuhdo if possible?

Any help greatly apreciated

[quote quote=66926]

Are you firing at 30ms? I canā€™t seem to find the sweet spot.

BTW I run this at .4ms[/quote]

Wait what? .4??? Isnt that way to fast?

[quote quote=66999]

BTW I run this at .4ms
Wait what? .4????? Isnt that way to fast?[/quote] I'm presuming .4ms is a typo or a casual mistake as it exceeds traditional polling rates of 125 Hz (8ms) or 1000 Hz (1ms).

tl;dr I use 100ms for macro 1 and 150ms for macro 2 (and, as a side note regarding the talents, I use 2222121 to match the macros, I do not alter the macros to match the posted traits).

Personal Note: It is my sincere intention to uplift and inform, not to troll or put anyone on the spotā€¦ please.

Because questions appear in almost every major thread on this subject, I offer the following general knowledge, predicated on an assumption of USB technology (and discounting PS/2 and RS232 alternatives) ā€“

Poll Rate is simply how often the keyboard is asked if new data is available. When a keyboard wants to communicate with its host (such as when a key is pressed or released), it must wait until the host requests communications. A device will tell the host at initialization how often it should ask for new data, this is the USB poll-rate. Historically, non-gaming keyboards ask for a 10ms interval. USB is a host driven bus.

Matrix Scan Rate - The keys on a keyboard are a matrix of switches. Most generally, the matrix is composed of rows and columns of wires that connect the switches. The contacts of the switches connect a row wire with a column wire. This completes a circuit that can be detected by a controller. The rate (and method) that the matrix is scanned is the matrix scan rate. Keyboard Matrix Help The activity of the keyboard controller happens entirely inside the input device independent of the deviceā€™s host.

Debouncing Rate - Bouncing is the tendency of any two metal contacts in an electronic device to generate multiple signals as the contacts close or open; debouncing is any kind of hardware device or software that ensures that only a single signal will be acted upon for a single opening or closing of a contact. The speed that a debouncing solution can act with assurance is the debouncing rate.

Calder Limmen wrote a very good primer on What Influences Keyboard Input Speed. It is a contemporary (2018) piece that speaks to latency and factors that contribute to perceived, as well as, actual keyboard processing.

Most often, when people are referring to a rate here (for macro processing speed), they are referring to a Repeating Delay. This is the delay programmatically introduced/controlled by software that interactes with either the keyboard driver or the host operating system. These utilities are now often bundled with most gaming keyboard drivers. A user can program their input device (keyboard, mouse, or controller) with actions/behaviors. Such are often are generically called keyboard/mouse/controller macros (not to be confused with the term of the same name that is often present within game software). Because each hardware and software manfacturer has their own way of implementing input enhancements, truly generic tutorials either donā€™t exist or fail to avoid slipping from generic to manufacturer specific examples. This is why, when people ask what the ā€œmsā€ stuff people are talking about, is often met with vague responses that refer the questioner to his/her own device utilities or suggest third-party software ā€“ which is the right answer and rightly places the burden back on the questioner to make the intuitive or informed leap to solution.

Way-deep dive (for the truly maschostic)ā€“
Patents related to Character input methods

Concluding Thoughts: I believe there is always room for improvement, but I am satisfied with the results Iā€™m getting. That my timing appears different than the OP or others is not suprising. Every gear-mix has significant potential to create variance in performance. Over time, your fuzzy comfort zone for what is ā€œcomparableā€ performance will broaden or narrow as your experience with your particular gear-mix changes. So consider timing suggestions a steer to influence your gear-mix experience. If/when you find your numbers are different, share your experience; the more data shared the better we all are ā€“ a rising tide lifts all boats.

My Share: I use a Corsair Strafe RGB STEALTH and presently my delays are 100ms and 150ms for GSE Macros 1 and 2 respectively. I have the simple actions defined as: single key press, 50ms delay, single key release, with a continuous loop delayed by 100/150ms respectively. The actions are then bound to my 1 and 2 keys. And as noted above I use a 2222121 talent setup.

Ran a test or two.

FPS: 58
MS: 71
iLevel: 361 equipped
Talents: 1223121
5 tests per time
2 minutes per time
Boralus raiderā€™s dummy
AHK

Average dps (NO Celestial Alignment used, cause its just extra cool down dmg)
TIME ā€“ DPS
0.4 ā€“ 10.0
1 ā€“ 9.2
10 ā€“ 9.6
13 ā€“ 10.2
14 ā€“ 9.4
15 ā€“ 10.4
17 ā€“ 9.0
20 ā€“ 9.0
30 ā€“ 10.0
45 ā€“ 9.8

this macro kicks ass love it - did mod it a bit with bursting talents [shift] key ā€¦ but over all top-fkin-notch

Im leveling a balance from 1-120 the script worked fine until i got the Sunfire spell after that it cast moonfire then spams sunfire and nothing else.

Can you give me some pointers setting up the corsair side of things? I recently switched to a corsair K70 RGB keyboard and I am totally new to making the settings for macros.

[quote quote=67117]

BTW I run this at .4ms
Wait what? .4????? Isnt that way to fast?
Iā€™m presuming .4ms is a typo or a casual mistake as it exceeds traditional polling rates of 125 Hz (8ms) or 1000 Hz (1ms). tl;dr I use 100ms for macro 1 and 150ms for macro 2 (and, as a side note regarding the talents, I use 2222121 to match the macros, I do not alter the macros to match the posted traits). Personal Note: It is my sincere intention to uplift and inform, not to troll or put anyone on the spotā€¦ please. Because questions appear in almost every major thread on this subject, I offer the following general knowledge, predicated on an assumption of USB technology (and discounting PS/2 and RS232 alternatives) ā€” Poll Rate is simply how often the keyboard is asked if new data is available. When a keyboard wants to communicate with its host (such as when a key is pressed or released), it must wait until the host requests communications. A device will tell the host at initialization how often it should ask for new data, this is the USB poll-rate. Historically, non-gaming keyboards ask for a 10ms interval. USB is a host driven bus. Matrix Scan Rate ā€“ The keys on a keyboard are a matrix of switches. Most generally, the matrix is composed of rows and columns of wires that connect the switches. The contacts of the switches connect a row wire with a column wire. This completes a circuit that can be detected by a controller. The rate (and method) that the matrix is scanned is the matrix scan rate. Keyboard Matrix Help The activity of the keyboard controller happens entirely inside the input device independent of the deviceā€™s host. Debouncing Rate ā€“ Bouncing is the tendency of any two metal contacts in an electronic device to generate multiple signals as the contacts close or open; debouncing is any kind of hardware device or software that ensures that only a single signal will be acted upon for a single opening or closing of a contact. The speed that a debouncing solution can act with assurance is the debouncing rate. Calder Limmen wrote a very good primer on What Influences Keyboard Input Speed. It is a contemporary (2018) piece that speaks to latency and factors that contribute to perceived, as well as, actual keyboard processing. Most often, when people are referring to a rate here (for macro processing speed), they are referring to a Repeating Delay. This is the delay programmatically introduced/controlled by software that interactes with either the keyboard driver or the host operating system. These utilities are now often bundled with most gaming keyboard drivers. A user can program their input device (keyboard, mouse, or controller) with actions/behaviors. Such are often are generically called keyboard/mouse/controller macros (not to be confused with the term of the same name that is often present within game software). Because each hardware and software manfacturer has their own way of implementing input enhancements, truly generic tutorials either donā€™t exist or fail to avoid slipping from generic to manufacturer specific examples. This is why, when people ask what the ā€œmsā€ stuff people are talking about, is often met with vague responses that refer the questioner to his/her own device utilities or suggest third-party software ā€” which is the right answer and rightly places the burden back on the questioner to make the intuitive or informed leap to solution. Way-deep dive (for the truly maschostic)ā€“ Patents related to Character input methods Concluding Thoughts: I believe there is always room for improvement, but I am satisfied with the results Iā€™m getting. That my timing appears different than the OP or others is not suprising. Every gear-mix has significant potential to create variance in performance. Over time, your fuzzy comfort zone for what is ā€œcomparableā€ performance will broaden or narrow as your experience with your particular gear-mix changes. So consider timing suggestions a steer to influence your gear-mix experience. If/when you find your numbers are different, share your experience; the more data shared the better we all are ā€” a rising tide lifts all boats. My Share: I use a Corsair Strafe RGB STEALTH and presently my delays are 100ms and 150ms for GSE Macros 1 and 2 respectively. I have the simple actions defined as: single key press, 50ms delay, single key release, with a continuous loop delayed by 100/150ms respectively. The actions are then bound to my 1 and 2 keys. And as noted above I use a 2222121 talent setup.[/quote]

I made a slight change to the build 2322321, I am sustaining 18.1k dps a seecond, bursting to 27k on the target dummy. Your rotation and the ms is spot on. Will be trying it out in raid tomorrow (Saturday) Night. Trying out the AOE build in my mythic+ run for the week.

update from battle of dazā€¦ 36.3k on boss, i got in to a heroic pug.

Jeff Jones - which build are you using? The OP or one of the others contained within this thread?

[quote quote=68586]I made a slight change to the build 2322321, I am sustaining 18.1k dps a seecond, bursting to 27k on the target dummy. Your rotation and the ms is spot on. Will be trying it out in raid tomorrow (Saturday) Night. Trying out the AOE build in my mythic+ run for the week.
update from battle of dazā€¦ 36.3k on boss, i got in to a heroic pug.[/quote]
Any link to logs? Definitely interested in having a high performing alt to go with my BM hunter(main) and Havoc DH(alt)

[quote quote=68586]I made a slight change to the build 2322321, I am sustaining 18.1k dps a seecond, bursting to 27k on the target dummy. Your rotation and the ms is spot on. Will be trying it out in raid tomorrow (Saturday) Night. Trying out the AOE build in my mythic+ run for the week.
update from battle of dazā€¦ 36.3k on boss, i got in to a heroic pug.[/quote]
could you share it plz?

Jeff, are you using the original macro posted or one posted within various pages?

Is there a way we could keep the original macro up to date with all changes so people can just grab the original post? There are multiple macros in this post. I donā€™t know which one people are having the most success with.

Excited to try (the right one) out!

I just sat at the raid dummy in Boralus and spammed the button for 1 minute.

385 iLevel gear (16% haste, 30% mastery, 20% crit)
70 ms (not sure how to change this other than pay more for faster internet)
SpellQueueWindow = 283

Tiggisā€™s last post = 10.9/11k on raid dummy
BALANCE_ST
Talents 2222222

dCJ0caWsvG3QsSnuKzkPy2uKBQs6xK4BsXov0Eb7wH9l6VsQ0VvvdLKyWcdNK0bjP6Xu6yO6CQYcLu1svHSykOLtQhss5PkTmQ65qnrvOMQeMSkOPtCrjLCyixg56uXgLuXwLuQnRIy7OOAyOWSKKPjv3JcDAkQ7QIA0OO8mQ0jvr64OKRjrNNcCBuQpRsnoP0ahkGjh26vVg1NQvR6UfW0dfWwGmrdbdR379EVh2JPtqoMeyYHDvLSNEmm5m8WQUJWSVgw1osnyVIS6FTjn28FGHcyYHcyYHvXIWsgEg(MggW0dRIfHLmUy)SnejNZG)6EVlmDHvXIWcMy5qdlLrgActIrbPVjrX(zBisYiJNBNHVkd(JXRTxLb)X412RYG)y8A7WSdRIfHfmXYHgwkJm0eMeJcsFtsgz00YuthMLWQyrybtSCOHLYidnHjXOG03KOy)SnejzKr7ZZRYG)68s3Qm4VoV0Tkd(RZlDRYG)68sxyYeSkwewWelhAyPmYqtysmki9njzKrtltnDy2aRIfHfmXYHgwkJm0eMeJcsFtsgz00Yuth2A(FvRXmBZcSWEazWrKjcHjOaMCyvSMqyCgRG0yh9nbcShqgOIMWyOaMCyveK(MeAqSniJlJpZqA2NVCiHo8mm9WQyryjJlJ)jFn7Zz47TLTW0fwflclyILdnSugzOjmjgfK(MKmYWZW39LvzWFDEPBvg8xNx6wLb)15LUGa7kKQ1XzyfZ)bSlXYHgIzKjyvrtxrw9hkabwv(y5kYQ)qbiGacSxrdhKPthcPzoneZ)bupiGaaa

Spitzā€™ revision of OG = 12.8k on raid dummy
BALANCE_ST
Talents 1XXX221

d4JQcaGELu1lvr6TurBtfYHrmtOOhly2kXWuPUju4xe6BQOUhsPDQk7vA3cTFqNgv9xLu8BLAGkjzOOIgmWWvjoiQWRHQ6yOCCvslKGSuKQwSOA5I8qvqpvXYG06usyIQatfjtgvA6KUibvxMYZeLRtv2OssTvLuAZqv2obLPPQMfv6ZqPBdvgPsQmwKkJwfQZbXjvrClLeDncCEKINt0DPcJJQ6YkvFSocXbMC8ou4RzO6dTuDOilwuLDy0rhDOOSohy4r8w0(yD4WtpEN6qXJfcwjemx4113zUyHtoOp2nAhmiH0ETwsYVJYs1hRu9X6igisfco7F05FFODedePkTREwmyqaeKmPP0QKewtfdBC5efcGagYnI)3fcyi3i(FxiGHCJ4)DHaKS)nAFzDedePkTREwmyqaeKmPP0QKewtfdBC5efcGagYNjiZfcyiFMGmxiGH8zcYCHagYNjiZfc8rqzDWCVVGjpoETthQeFeFtznVZ6mc3M35zb8BEhHSfT5DONpIL18oCULkgKqAxQQDo1OHEBXisRu9X6igisfco7F05F1ouj(i(MI28o0ZhXI28oNA0WzYKYs1hRJOssyn1IgoAGaNX9XKeoho5AeUo6dTJyGiviW5QWBh8KUCncxhqa693)3xwhXarQqGZ4gVDcNdia97lWVVFhXarQqGtCBUR4qnT4acqY(3O9jOJyGivPD1ZIbdcGGKjnLwLKWAkeab(iOmxiaj7FJ6cbrVLLQD4mzyqcPDPQ2zu7YQ9IbLFh7m2vplQ8KLQv7Gbj6rwojQwsywu53Xku1QTa

My haste is way higher than that, haste is 22% crit is 18%, mastery is 32.55%

Now my only change to the original build was the talents.

I am using the original ones done in the first of the thread.

my ST and MT talents are 2322321, as raidbots website with both gear, and talents picked these over the original ones. As soon as my dang raid leader posts the logs will post the link so u can see the parses.

on target dummy i am doing 18 to 20k ST and 22 to 26k MT with no flasks, food, buffs etc

Still working on the MS to get the best numbers, using corsair K95 keyboard (just got it as my logitech G910 died) which is what all my original posts were using. currently set at 30 ms, but seems to fast at the moment.

I forgot to mention my azerite traitsā€¦

Helm - Streaking Stars, Arcanic Pulsar , on my way , Reawakening
Shoulder - Streaking Stars, Arcanic Pulsar , Unstable Flame
Chest - Streaking Stars, Dawning Sun, Azerite Globules , Bulwark of the masses

other chest I am testing is Power of the Moon, Seductive Power, Blood Siphon , Vampiric Speed

ok, so parse are not as good as last week, first 4 boss normal battle, got boots in the mythic cache this week, thats biggest change, single target is parse better than multi, and i cant figure out why.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9z1K3pq2xwnHDLj4/

any input from you all greatly appreciated, so now crit is higher than haste except for when weapon enchant procs and azerite trait procs.

base crit is 21.74% , haste is 18.30 and mastery is 35.29%