**UPDATED 12/14/2018** Booty's 8.0.x BM Macro

Yeah man I’ll hop on a bit later tonight and I’ll test it out on both your macro as well as my own, with and w/out the pet commands. At first I didnt think it should have an effect on the number of KC’s you’re able to cast in a boss fight but now that I think about it, I do remember seeing the pet basic ability triggering the global Cooldown so that may be the reason that I am still lacking just as many Kill Command Casts in the tweaded version of my macro as I did with the original even though it greatly improved on keeping up 3 stacks of Barbed Shot and 4 stacks of buff from lego chest since they both contain the pet commands so thanks for the info and I’ll let ya know what my results are soon as I can.

So We have the orginal one in your orginal post and the new one at about page 4 right…

I tried the last one …and it hung on me a couple of times so went back to your original one with the pet mods in …that one has given me the most dps…and at end with tthe 50% dmg increase I shot up alot…so ended up with a blue parse of 98% …if that means anything these days…

Hope this helps.
I can link you the parses/wow logs if need be

Have tested this macro on single target raiding dummy.

Ilvl 217
40% crit
22% haste
50% mastery

using zevrim’s and apex predators claw lego’s.

My DPS over a 5 minute fight is 2.4-2.7k dps. I sim at raidbots at 3.4k

I’m using killer instinct talent, so losing some numbers there on the training dummy.

Over the 5 minute and 6 second fight, my frenzy uptime was 4.5 minutes. Is it normal with this macro to have that much downtime with frenzy?

My 3 stack uptime was at 27%.

Ok, so ran this on LFR first wing tonight, using your original macro with one added cobra shot. I sim at just around 4.2k even at ilvl 233. Ran the macro at 45 ms.
34% crit
32% haste
47% mastery

3.6k Garothi. 4.1k Dogs. 4.6k High Command. This is taken with the Killer Instinct talent, of course. This will be my go-to macro.

Where did you insert the extra Cobra Shot?

/cast Aspect of the Wild
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast Kill Command
/cast Barbed Shot
/cast Kill Command
/cast Chimaera Shot
/castsequence Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot
/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot

unfortunately, currently the macros are not giving the desired results, often do not activate the spell of the cd or activate tropp otardi, or jump over and over the spell base rotation.only all are at the same level currently, on the dummy always on 3k I’m looking forward to better updates, and I’d hope that addon is fixed to be used as legion at least.

I added the Cobra Shot here, to the end of the first castsequence in the original macro (the one from the first page. I only use version 1, ST).

/castsequence Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot

In the original line, there is only 1 cobra shot. I put another in, mostly because I am wearing the Parsel’s Tongue legendary, but I found it boosted my dps and did not focus-starve me.

Anyone use this macro with RU client?
Somehow its firing only 12 cobra shots for a 1:30 min fight.
Even added more line with /cast cobra shot
So always focus capped (

I believe I am pretty damn close to having the original macro tweaked and performing much much better. I would have probably been finished by now but as i was working on it last night I dozed off and when I woke up I had accidentally erased the entire macro…yeah I was pissed,lol. Anyways I’ll be back after my son’s football practice and see if I can get it posted tonight for everyone.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the original post’s macro. I had best results with “One With the Pack” which is what I also ran in legion in my frenzy build and it was insane dps.

Give it a go and get back to me. Unless you’re just gonna sim your toon using a boss script and then run straight here complaining that it doesnt match your dps when you test it on a target dummy, sheesh, there’s been too much of that already lol.

OK guys and gals, I’ll explain this yet again. If you are using raidbots to sim your toon’s dps, THEN YOU CANNOT TEST YOUR ACTUAL DPS IN GAME AT A TARGET DUMMY. The default script for raidbots is a Stitches Boss script and they do not have an option for a Target Dummy script. The only sim I know of that does provide a Target Dummy script for sure is Ask Mr Robot. The reason that this is critical to realize is that EVERYONE no matter who you are, will get significantly lower dps results on a target dummy than they will on an actual boss fight no matter how good your gear is. I, myself can only pull 3.2-3.5k dps in game on a raid dummy, but when I go to a Heroic Garothi Worldbreaker fight, I always pull at least 4.2k dps. One of the reasons for this is the talent that makes KC do more damage to targets under 30%health will not show up on a target dummy because it will not ever drop that low on health, and if you use animal companion, that wont help you out much either because its much weaker of a talent and also the extra pet will get calculated seperately by default so youll have to add the pets total dps to your total.

Alright I just ran a Heroic Garothi Worldbreaker fight, ran the logs through Wowanalyzer.com and I must say that I am quite impressed with the results.

First of all I was no.1 on the damage/dps meters holding strong at 4.6k DPS

And here’s how I did according to wowanalyzer’s breakdown

Time spent focused capped - recommended to have less than 2.50% (mine was 3.13%)
How much of the fight Bestial Wrath was kept on cooldown - 95% is recommended (mine was 94.2%)
" " " " " Kill Command was kept on cooldown - 95% is recommended (mine was 81.5%)
Total Downtime - 12.5% is recommended (mine was 22.5%)
Time spent with 4 stacks of buff from Parcel’s Tongue chest lego - 91.51%
" " " 4 stacks of Barbed Shot buff - recommended is 45% (mine was 61.33%)

So there you have it, the biggest “problems” I had was Bestial Wrath not firing the second its off cooldown and my total downtime was up a bit more than id have liked. Considering I basically got a damn near perfect score on everything else, I think I can live with it.

Here’s a link to my results:WoWAnalyzer: Heroic Garothi Worldbreaker - Kill (3:49) by -Serä

Now someone loan me a hog so I can look down at him and say "That’ll do pig…that’ll do

1 Like

Cannot wait to try this out! I will let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

Great job mate! This macro seems to work greatly. We all lazy hunters thank you :slight_smile:

tested boss singol world boss shar’thos max 3.3k dps low bass

That’s really not much info to go by bud. Can’t really help ya much if I dont know anything about what gear/lego/talents you use like are you using any tier set bonuses whats your IL, stats. stuff like that would help a ton.

Not to mention boss mechanics that will kill your dps if you get caught up in them. For example this boss fears anyone within 60 yards for 5 seconds. How many times were you feared during the fight? Because you cant dps if youre running around feared.

This is why I recommend Bosses like Heroic Garothi. It’s the first boss of the current raid so it’s very easy to get into a group, go straight to boss and there are no mechanics that result in unavoidable downtime for BM hunters so you’ll see a closer result as far as your true dps

ok then my data are:
legendary parsel + mantle command
stat.haste 23% critc 33% mastery 61% 4tpz antorus bonus set
talent 1323311 242 item livel equipped

latency 30 ms

ok text in lfr garothi boss antorus as you said you and I see.

edit: problem solved, nevermind thanks!

ok just tested the first 2 boss antorus garhoti and vilseguci sargeras

garhoti 4.5 k dps
sargera wolf 4.3k dps

ok I use your macro, but I have all the CDs and I use them manually to have them at the top of global coldown