7.3.5 ASSASSINATION VANCLEEF; MAX Combo Points / Finisher always

UPDATED 5/30/18: Added the amazing Opener Macro from Nobody

Talents
1/2/1or3/2or3/1or2/1/1

Opener is the Opening Macro you’ll use, you create it in the regular macro area, and you will spam this till the third Envenom and then start spamming VanCleef.

VanCleef is your Combo Points builder, which you will spam till you have maximum combo points or whenever you deem necessary. It’s inspired by John Metz Assassination macros, but it removes the finishers, adds additional fluff and changes the spec. But needless to say if not for John, this macro wouldn’t exist, so shoutout to him and all his hard work trying to make Assassination work with these kinds of lazymacros.
Also this macro was MADE to be spammed, so go as fast as you like.

Uncrowned is the button you press when you’re at maximum combo points, it will roll through the proper Envenoms and Ruptures to keep dots on the target.

This is a two button macro which is designed in such a way to ensure you always get maximum combo points on a target each time you utilize a finisher. If you are looking for a one button macro that will consistently hit your finishers at 5/6 combo points, then you’re welcome to try the other one button macros around, but I guarantee you that you won’t find a one button macro that will fire off your finishers consistently at 5/6 combo points.

So this is an alternative way where you can and will fire off your combo points at maximum each and every time while keeping your dots rolling consistently as well as your cooldowns.

So if you’re looking for macros that will keep your dots up consistently and fire off your combo points at maximum, these are the macros for you.

P.S. You don’t need a PVP version of these macros… all you need to do in PvP is decide whether you want to use “Uncrowned” or Kidney Shot. Subterfuge is in the spec, so you can open with cheap shot from stealth and start spamming VanCleef all the same.

SHOUTOUT TO NOBODY FOR THE BRILLIANT OPENER MACRO!!!
It’s on Page 4, but I’ll post it here for people to get an easier look at it.
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/7-3-5-assassination-vancleef-max-combo-points-finisher-always/page/4/

Opener Macro:

#showtooltip Vanish
/castsequence reset=120 Garrote, Mutilate, Rupture, Vendetta, Toxic Blade, Kingsbane, Vanish, Envenom, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom

VanCleef

Sequences['Vancleef'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="SomeRogue@Somewhere",
  SpecID=259,
  Talents = "1/2/1/2-3/1-2/1/1",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Ability_Rogue_DeadlyBrew',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [@focus,exists] Tricks of the Trade",
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Shadowstep",
        "/cast Garrote",
      },
        "/cast [combat] Kingsbane",
        "/cast [combat] Vendetta",
        "/cast [combat] Toxic Blade",
        "/cast [combat] Garrote",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Mutilate, Mutilate, Mutilate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Uncrowned

Sequences['Uncrowned'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="SomeRogue@Somewhere",
  SpecID=259,
  Talents = "?,?,?,?,?,?,?",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/",
  Help = [[Finishers for VanCleef]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Rupture, Envenom, Envenom, Envenom, Rupture, Envenom, Envenom, Envenom, Rupture, Envenom, Envenom, Envenom",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

I hope you all find much enjoyment out of it!! Feedback is always welcome, for those of you that give it a go. Have fun!

Opener pulled 1.5m which is about 700k less than my usual opener of other macros.
Stayed at 1.12m mid-fight which is 400-500k less than my usual.

The drop off is significant in addition to the poor opener.

Edit: @ 10ms
Going to play with other delays and see if it progresses.

Sounds like the feedback i received on mine :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote quote=59524]Opener pulled 1.5m which is about 700k less than my usual opener of other macros. Stayed at 1.12m mid-fight which is 400-500k less than my usual.
The drop off is significant in addition to the poor opener.
Edit: @ 10ms Going to play with other delays and see if it progresses.[/quote]

Abby, what macro are you comparing it to? I am using this one: Assass 7.3.5 - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

[quote quote=59539]

Opener pulled 1.5m which is about 700k less than my usual opener of other macros. Stayed at 1.12m mid-fight which is 400-500k less than my usual. The drop off is significant in addition to the poor opener. Edit: @ 10ms Going to play with other delays and see if it progresses.

Abby, what macro are you comparing it to? I am using this one: https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/assass-7-3-2/[/quote]

I use the same one but with a few minor changes that I’ve made to make it more resourceful while spending combo points.

Andrew’s pools 5 combo points for the opener and maintains it through 3 complete cycles. Afterwards, it spends points at 2-4 which is not resourceful at all. I made a delay before it casts the finishers to get an extra 2 points before spending which gives back around 200-300K DPS.

Without it, his is about 2.3-2.4m on open and 1.2-1.3m mid-fight. I get 1.5-1.7m mid.

@982 ilvl

Just ran this through full heroic antorus to test.

The opener is absolutely atrocious. With other all-in-one macros here, I get what I’m supposed to which is 2.4m. After 2 minutes, that slowly dissipates to 1.5m and then falls off to 1.2m after several minutes. This macro opens at 1.3-1.5m and holds there for the remainder of the fight.

Where it shines is the long fight. Primarily because it allows you to spend your points how you want. It’s the best macro for saturated fights (5-7 minutes), which maintains 1.3-1.5m.

So, as for heroic, fights 5-7 minutes use this macro but open with a different.
Anything shorter, use a different one or you’ll significantly be behind the pack.

[quote quote=59550]Just ran this through full heroic antorus to test.
The opener is absolutely atrocious. With other all-in-one macros here, I get what I’m supposed to which is 2.4m. After 2 minutes, that slowly dissipates to 1.5m and then falls off to 1.2m after several minutes.

This macro opens at 1.3-1.5m and holds there for the remainder of the fight.
Where it shines is the long fight. Primarily because it allows you to spend your points how you want. It’s the best macro for saturated fights (5-7 minutes), which maintains 1.3-1.5m.

So, as for heroic, fights 5-7 minutes use this macro but open with a different. Anything shorter, use a different one or you’ll significantly be behind the pack.[/quote]

That you for that feedback. Glad to hear how it maintains during the longer fights and is the best macro for saturated fights. I’ve had runs where what stood out the most was it’s longevity. It never opened as high as everyone else’s but it started sailing up the meters as the fight went on after the burst in the boss fights and was consistent above all else.

I wish however I could add a stronger opener to it and then have it never cycle through it again and go through the macro as regular. But I am not sure there’s a way to do that.

If I could find a way to implement a high end burst at the start of this macro and then have it go through the macro as usual, I think that would maximize it. However I’m not sure that can be done. I could always make a third macro and say use this for the opening first 1-2 mins, and then spam the VanCleef one.

Actually, I’m gonna give that a try.

[quote quote=59551]

Just ran this through full heroic antorus to test. The opener is absolutely atrocious. With other all-in-one macros here, I get what I’m supposed to which is 2.4m. After 2 minutes, that slowly dissipates to 1.5m and then falls off to 1.2m after several minutes.
This macro opens at 1.3-1.5m and holds there for the remainder of the fight. Where it shines is the long fight. Primarily because it allows you to spend your points how you want. It’s the best macro for saturated fights (5-7 minutes), which maintains 1.3-1.5m.
So, as for heroic, fights 5-7 minutes use this macro but open with a different. Anything shorter, use a different one or you’ll significantly be behind the pack.

That you for that feedback. Glad to hear how it maintains during the longer fights and is the best macro for saturated fights. I’ve had runs where what stood out the most was it’s longevity. It never opened as high as everyone else’s but it started sailing up the meters as the fight went on after the burst in the boss fights and was consistent above all else. I wish however I could add a stronger opener to it and then have it never cycle through it again and go through the macro as regular. But I am not sure there’s a way to do that. If I could find a way to implement a high end burst at the start of this macro and then have it go through the macro as usual, I think that would maximize it. However I’m not sure that can be done. I could always make a third macro and say use this for the opening first 1-2 mins, and then spam the VanCleef one. Actually, I’m gonna give that a try.[/quote]

Keep in mind too, as I haven’t seen it in ANY of the assassination macros, a large portion of damage both in opening AND longevity is lost due to no macros being accommodating of Mantle of the Master Assassin. Primarily because it would be rather hard to implement, but there is probably a 10-20% DPS loss on every macro here because of the poor/no utilization of Vanish with Mantle of the Master Assassin.

I don’t think three macros is too much, especially if it’s giving you more damage.

Good luck, if you find something you like and post it, I can’t wait to try it! :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s because your stats are different but I maintain way higher dps than that. I can burst anywhere from 3.2 to 5 mil and maintain 1.9 mil dps on most fights unless it is heavy movement.

I’m going to give this a try though and see how it pans out in comparison. Will post back the results.

I primarily use yours. I made some adjustments so that it pools more combo points as it often spends around 2-3 which significantly drops off general DPS.

I find that his is better for longer fights as it gives you more utilization of combo points. His opener is much worse, but as he said, he is fixing that.

In general, I find that all of the assassination builds here lose out on a lot of dps without the use of vanish with the mantle legendary. I separately made a macro to implement that but it kind of sucks, lol.

I look forward to hearing them :slight_smile:

[quote quote=59578]

I’m going to give this a try though and see how it pans out in comparison. Will post back the results.

I primarily use yours. I made some adjustments so that it pools more combo points as it often spends around 2-3 which significantly drops off general DPS. I find that his is better for longer fights as it gives you more utilization of combo points. His opener is much worse, but as he said, he is fixing that. In general, I find that all of the assassination builds here lose out on a lot of dps without the use of vanish with the mantle legendary. I separately made a macro to implement that but it kind of sucks, lol.[/quote]

If you wanted to slot vanish into the macro you could I have added it to my macro this morning i’ll run a couple of garothis and post the results of both this macro and mine with vanish added in. I’m also going to edit this macro and fix the opener and try it with a fixed opener after :slight_smile:

Ok so the opener on this for me was a massive dps loss, sustained dps sat me around 1.1 mil dps. This again was a huge loss for me. I get where you are trying to go with this but it really needs work. You could achieve with one macro what you are trying to achieve with two. If you want to go for control over when you use the finishers then just add a modifier to them so it’s all in one macro. if you change the premacro to

/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth
/cast [stealth] Shadowstep
/cast [stealth] Garrote
/cast [combat] Mutilate
/cast [combat] Rupture
/cast [combat] Vendetta
/cast [combat] Toxic Blade
/cast [combat] Kingsbane
/cast [combat] Vanish
/cast [combat] Envenom
/cast [combat] Mutilate
/cast [combat] Envenom

That will fix the opener ditch the second macro completely and integrate it all into one using modifiers to get control of the finishers.

I’m interested to see the changes you made abby so that it suits you?

[quote quote=59590]Ok so the opener on this for me was a massive dps loss, sustained dps sat me around 1.1 mil dps. This again was a huge loss for me. I get where you are trying to go with this but it really needs work. You could achieve with one macro what you are trying to achieve with two. If you want to go for control over when you use the finishers then just add a modifier to them so it’s all in one macro. if you change the premacro to
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth /cast [stealth] Shadowstep /cast [stealth] Garrote /cast [combat] Mutilate /cast [combat] Rupture /cast [combat] Vendetta /cast [combat] Toxic Blade /cast [combat] Kingsbane /cast [combat] Vanish /cast [combat] Envenom /cast [combat] Mutilate /cast [combat] Envenom
That will fix the opener ditch the second macro completely and integrate it all into one using modifiers to get control of the finishers.[/quote]

The problem with modifiers is they never fire off immediately when you need them. Thus the control over when to use your finisher isn’t really as apparent.

I sustain about 1.2-1.4M currently with the few things I’m testing.

The interesting thing about it however is that while I’m testing out different things. I went and used your macro as the opener which got up to the 2.1M that Abby talked about, but then I switched to mine after that first round of the rotation and my dps fell to about 1.5M and stayed there for a bit before it stayed at 1.3-1.4M and stayed around there throughout the duration.

Note, my stats aren’t anywhere near ideal for assassination most likely and I don’t have the legendary shoulders either

30.70% Critical Strike
14.14% Haste
121.68% Mastery
12/69 Versatility

I would assume that all isn’t ‘ideal’ for assassination at 944(I was Outlaw for the majority of my antorus runs)

Also, I don’t know how you only managed 1.1M dps with this :frowning:

BUT, I actually decided to go and try something wacky. I added your 7.3.5 macro to the PreMacro of mine. It opened up burst at 2.3Mill and then then went back to the macro as usual without tossing out any Envenoms I didn’t want it tossing out till full combo points.

I also switched my talent from Deep Strategem to Vigor during this testing and it raised my dps as well. I’ll test it out a few more times and see if I can consistently burst that high with the pre-macro. If I can… I’ll post it here for you to test, giving you credit for the preMacro obviously :slight_smile:

I can only assume however that you only pulled 1.1M because you weren’t specced into Subterfuge. Let me know if that’s correct

[quote quote=59592]

Ok so the opener on this for me was a massive dps loss, sustained dps sat me around 1.1 mil dps. This again was a huge loss for me. I get where you are trying to go with this but it really needs work. You could achieve with one macro what you are trying to achieve with two. If you want to go for control over when you use the finishers then just add a modifier to them so it’s all in one macro. if you change the premacro to /cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth /cast [stealth] Shadowstep /cast [stealth] Garrote /cast [combat] Mutilate /cast [combat] Rupture /cast [combat] Vendetta /cast [combat] Toxic Blade /cast [combat] Kingsbane /cast [combat] Vanish /cast [combat] Envenom /cast [combat] Mutilate /cast [combat] Envenom That will fix the opener ditch the second macro completely and integrate it all into one using modifiers to get control of the finishers.

The problem with modifiers is they never fire off immediately when you need them. Thus the control over when to use your finisher isn’t really as apparent. I sustain about 1.2-1.4M currently with the few things I’m testing. The interesting thing about it however is that while I’m testing out different things. I went and used your macro as the opener which got up to the 2.1M that Abby talked about, but then I switched to mine after that first round of the rotation and my dps fell to about 1.5M and stayed there for a bit before it stayed at 1.3-1.4M and stayed around there throughout the duration. Note, my stats aren’t anywhere near ideal for assassination most likely and I don’t have the legendary shoulders either 30.70% Critical Strike 14.14% Haste 121.68% Mastery 12/69 Versatility I would assume that all isn’t ‘ideal’ for assassination at 944(I was Outlaw for the majority of my antorus runs) Also, I don’t know how you only managed 1.1M dps with this ???? BUT, I actually decided to go and try something wacky. I added your 7.3.5 macro to the PreMacro of mine. It opened up burst at 2.3Mill and then then went back to the macro as usual without tossing out any Envenoms I didn’t want it tossing out till full combo points. I also switched my talent from Deep Strategem to Vigor during this testing and it raised my dps as well. I’ll test it out a few more times and see if I can consistently burst that high with the pre-macro. If I can.. I’ll post it here for you to test, giving you credit for the preMacro obviously ^_^ I can only assume however that you only pulled 1.1M because you weren’t specced into Subterfuge. Let me know if that’s correct[/quote]

You would be correct my talents are Master Poisoner, Nightstalker, Vigor, Cheat Death, Thugee, Toxic Blade, Venom Rush. I have both the legendary bracers and shoulders, 4 piece T21. My stats are

Agi 51084
crit 39%
haste 5%
Mastery 154%
Vers 13%

I can make 192% mastery but that comes at a cost of lowering crit to 21% and vers to 5% however doesn’t provide a dps increase.

[quote quote=59596]

Ok so the opener on this for me was a massive dps loss, sustained dps sat me around 1.1 mil dps. This again was a huge loss for me. I get where you are trying to go with this but it really needs work. You could achieve with one macro what you are trying to achieve with two. If you want to go for control over when you use the finishers then just add a modifier to them so it’s all in one macro. if you change the premacro to /cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth /cast [stealth] Shadowstep /cast [stealth] Garrote /cast [combat] Mutilate /cast [combat] Rupture /cast [combat] Vendetta /cast [combat] Toxic Blade /cast [combat] Kingsbane /cast [combat] Vanish /cast [combat] Envenom /cast [combat] Mutilate /cast [combat] Envenom That will fix the opener ditch the second macro completely and integrate it all into one using modifiers to get control of the finishers.

The problem with modifiers is they never fire off immediately when you need them. Thus the control over when to use your finisher isn’t really as apparent. I sustain about 1.2-1.4M currently with the few things I’m testing. The interesting thing about it however is that while I’m testing out different things. I went and used your macro as the opener which got up to the 2.1M that Abby talked about, but then I switched to mine after that first round of the rotation and my dps fell to about 1.5M and stayed there for a bit before it stayed at 1.3-1.4M and stayed around there throughout the duration. Note, my stats aren’t anywhere near ideal for assassination most likely and I don’t have the legendary shoulders either 30.70% Critical Strike 14.14% Haste 121.68% Mastery 12/69 Versatility I would assume that all isn’t ‘ideal’ for assassination at 944(I was Outlaw for the majority of my antorus runs) Also, I don’t know how you only managed 1.1M dps with this ???? BUT, I actually decided to go and try something wacky. I added your 7.3.5 macro to the PreMacro of mine. It opened up burst at 2.3Mill and then then went back to the macro as usual without tossing out any Envenoms I didn’t want it tossing out till full combo points. I also switched my talent from Deep Strategem to Vigor during this testing and it raised my dps as well. I’ll test it out a few more times and see if I can consistently burst that high with the pre-macro. If I can.. I’ll post it here for you to test, giving you credit for the preMacro obviously ^_^ I can only assume however that you only pulled 1.1M because you weren’t specced into Subterfuge. Let me know if that’s correct
You would be correct my talents are Master Poisoner, Nightstalker, Vigor, Cheat Death, Thugee, Toxic Blade, Venom Rush. I have both the legendary bracers and shoulders, 4 piece T21. My stats are Agi 51084 crit 39% haste 5% Mastery 154% Vers 13% I can make 192% mastery but that comes at a cost of lowering crit to 21% and vers to 5% however doesn’t provide a dps increase.[/quote]

Try the macro going Subtefuge instead of Nightstalker and see if that changes things :slight_smile:

Cpuld you be so kind and post the advanced macro you use?

All I did was copy yours and put it on a cold open, then rebuild it to use keypresses which I used -

cast [mod:alt] Envenom
cast [mod:ctrl] Rupture

That allowed me to control my finishers AFTER your opener cycled through. I use two macros, I swap to yours + the added keypresses AFTER opening with your original unedited macro and waiting roughly 30-40 seconds.

No real changes for me :slight_smile:

I also made a keypress vanish for mantle damage but it’s not working the way I want it to so I’m trying fixing that right now.

I’m also thinking about adding a keypress for vendetta so that it’s not used on trash pre-boss thus not having it up for the opener.